Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #436
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaves18 View Post
New to the Discussion board, and this will be our first cruise ever! Just me and the DH, it will be our 5 year anniversary as well as my bday Which is how I talked him into a cruise, he is not a water fan but I KNOW he will fall in love!
Welcome, welcome! I think I just added you to the fb page. You will LOVE it! It's always awesome celebrating special events with Disney, so you'll have a very memorable anniversary and birthday. Be sure to take some time to peruse this thread for some great info and to get to know everyone. You'll find that DISers are very knowledgeable and helpful, so feel free to ask any questions. If the folks here can't help, you can go over to the main forum and try your luck there. Cruising with Disney is truly magical, so it's a great place to have your first experience!
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #437
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
New to the Discussion board, and this will be our first cruise ever! Just me and the DH, it will be our 5 year anniversary as well as my bday Which is how I talked him into a cruise, he is not a water fan but I KNOW he will fall in love!
about the Fathers Day Eastern Fantasy. If you have any questions please do not hestitate to ask.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #438
weaves18
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome! I am working my way through this thread gathering info before I ask my questions
I am learning a lot about the excursions, everyone is GREAT!
weaves18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #439
4newtocruise
Minnie, R.N.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #440
weaves18
Earning My Ears

Losing it!

I am also going to post on the other message board, but curious if anyone else is working on getting in shape and/or losing weight for our cruise? I am starting today with the thought that I can dig deep before Thanksgiving, then enjoy myself over the Holidays. I know it might seem early but then if I don't do as well as I want to, I have a cushion (pun intended) of time with which to work. Feel free to hold me accountable, my sis and I are starting today!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #441
4newtocruise
Minnie, R.N.

Quote:
I am also going to post on the other message board, but curious if anyone else is working on getting in shape and/or losing weight for our cruise? I am starting today with the thought that I can dig deep before Thanksgiving, then enjoy myself over the Holidays. I know it might seem early but then if I don't do as well as I want to, I have a cushion (pun intended) of time with which to work. Feel free to hold me accountable, my sis and I are starting today!
I'm with you! You've inspired me!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #442
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4newtocruise

Us too! Our cruise last year we "modified" her freedom but this time I think we will give her full independence with "checking in" requirements. I really like the wave phone they provide. One thing that is a must is, she has to eat dinner with us, other than that, we will probably never see her.

Maybe our girls can hang out.
Like you, we have dinner together as mandatory (Even at home)!

DD14 will like the freedom, but she (shockingly) loves family time, except when we are being "embarrassing" or "ruining her life", LOL! She may spend a good portion of at-sea time reading in the cabin, unless she can find more extroverted friends on the ship! Is your daughter an extrovert by any chance?

The (fraternal) DD10 twins on the other hand would rip the ship apart with their boisterous energy...

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #443
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4

abaord the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. I wil add you to the FE later today. If you have any questions please feel free to post either here or on the FB page.
T/P4 can you check to see if we are on the FE list? I forgot if if we've already signed up! Bad brain, bad!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #444
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaves18
I am...I had lost a good deal of weight before our panama canal cruise, and that made the more challenging excursions much more enjoyable, plus I wasn't mistaken for beached marine life nearly as much as previously...

However I've gained nearly half of it back, and I really want to get back down again. June makes a very nice target!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #445
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

I always try to get down a few extra pounds before leaving on a big splash vacation, so I have some room to splurge. I also love to workout, so I enjoy visiting the fitness center onboard. They're generally some of the nicest workout facilities you're ever going to have the opportunity to use. On my last cruise (on NCL) I was on the elliptical in front of the windows, and my neighbor tapped me on the shoulder, pointed out to sea, and said, "Look!" Sure enough, there was a dolphin leaping across the waves. Can't really beat that!

On our last DCL cruise, DH, who works for USA Today, came up with a great story about how to enjoy a cruise without gaining weight. I'll have to see if I can scan and post the story as it's no longer available online.
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #446
weaves18
Earning My Ears

article

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi565 View Post
I always try to get down a few extra pounds before leaving on a big splash vacation, so I have some room to splurge. I also love to workout, so I enjoy visiting the fitness center onboard. They're generally some of the nicest workout facilities you're ever going to have the opportunity to use. On my last cruise (on NCL) I was on the elliptical in front of the windows, and my neighbor tapped me on the shoulder, pointed out to sea, and said, "Look!" Sure enough, there was a dolphin leaping across the waves. Can't really beat that!

On our last DCL cruise, DH, who works for USA Today, came up with a great story about how to enjoy a cruise without gaining weight. I'll have to see if I can scan and post the story as it's no longer available online.

That sounds awesome...I can't wait! If you can find the article I would be really interested in reading it I am a Physical Education teacher so always looking for ways to be healthy!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #447
weaves18
Earning My Ears

Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
I am...I had lost a good deal of weight before our panama canal cruise, and that made the more challenging excursions much more enjoyable, plus I wasn't mistaken for beached marine life nearly as much as previously...

However I've gained nearly half of it back, and I really want to get back down again. June makes a very nice target!
We can do it! I lost weight last year also and recently gained a lot of it back and I want to get back to that more care free feeling, not having to worry about if my clothes will fit or not...Stick with it!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #448
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
T/P4 can you check to see if we are on the FE list? I forgot if if we've already signed up! Bad brain, bad!
Sorry but I do not have you on the FE list. Please refer to the first post on this thread for FE information and send me a PM with your information. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #449
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started yesterday - lol!! Got back on the exercise bike. It has been on my mind a lot! Still plenty of time to lose before the cruise!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #450
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: