Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

Anyone use the free Legoland VIP vouchers today?

I read somewhere that someone waited in line for an hour and a half today to redeem the vouchers. Anyone redeemed them yet? We just need our VIP card and the printout right? If DH can't find his VIP card he can bring the welcome email instead?

Now this is just a curiosity question....We were registered on time...but something on the Legoland Facebook discussions made me question this.

They said the promotion is only good for people who registered before 9/23, but on the Legoland Facebook page they say they don't have access to VIP member information at the park. So how do they know if you signed up on time? I did a search tonight on the VIP passes because I was hoping to read some experiences from today and found the site fatwallet has a discussion posted with the voucher we printed out as a PDF file as an attached file. If they don't have access to the VIP information what is stopping someone from just printing it out and bringing a VIP card that was registered after 9/23. They must have some way to tell.

ETA: I asked the second question because it seems that so many people took advantage of it that they had to cut it off. If there is a way for people who did not register on time to use the ticket, how long will the line be? I know schools here were off today which made the line longer, but we're planning on going on Sunday and I don't really want to wait two hours in line. (I also heard the line was crazy long for the free teachers tickets too. Same window? Not sure!)

Last edited by ilovefh; 10-24-2011 at 10:01 PM.
ilovefh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer

We went yesterday and I had bought my kids tickets online using the pepsi buy one get one deal and thought I would use the free VIP tickets on my husband and I. Well we arrived about 10:15 and the line was super long. We found out if you had printed tickets you could walk right in because they scan your barcode. So my kids could go in but we couldn't. They told us we could go online using our smartphones and buy tickets so I used the pepsi deal again and we were able to go in but it took us awhile to figure that out so we didn't enter the park until 11:40 but it was empty because most people were in line. HTH. So if you want 2 free tickets I would be there early!
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
gatorchinsky
Mouseketeer

We are going on Sunday, which is really the only day we can make it. This morning we got an email that said the weekend will probably be very busy so plan on getting their early. We live about 1 1/2 hours away, so I was planning on being there by 8:30am. I hope that is early enough. I don't want to be standing in line just to get tickets for 2 hours, especially since the park is only open until 5pm. The promotion was a good idea, but they certainly did not plan wisely. You give away anything for free you should know that everyone is going to jump on it.
gatorchinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
bearzabout
DIS Veteran

My husband and I used our vouchers today with no problem. We showed up 30 minutes after the park opened and did not have to wait in line. They have tents set up to help shelter those in line from the sun, but today was a very slow day.

They wanted to see the VIP card (one per person) and kept the voucher. I wrote my name on the back of my VIP card and was asked to show ID. They did not scan the VIP card and, as far as I could tell, could not determine when the card was activated.

The park was dead today with virtually no waits. I was surprised to see the park so empty considering the many vouchers that were likely printed before they stopped the promotion.

I would be surprised to see Legoland in business in few years. We loved seeing it, but at $80 plus parking ($12), the park is way overpriced. $30 would be a fair price for a park so small. My guess is that people will only visit once and not return at their current prices.

Their website says the park is open 10-5 on Sunday. I would guess the line would be long right at park opening, then thin out a bit as time goes by. It would be hard to know when they will stop allowing those with vouchers in. The voucher said they have the right to limit the number redeemed each day.

We really enjoyed our day, but are really glad we didn't pay much to see it.
bearzabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

I used the voucher on Tuesday and had pretty much the same experience as the PP,got there before opening,no problems getting my tickets,just needed the VIP card,the voucher and an ID. The park was beautiful and they did a top notch job creating the park,I couldn't believe how much nicer it was than the old Cypress Gardens,the adults still have plenty of rides and attractions to enjoy and the miniland is amazing.With that said the park was busy but far from full,if it was closer to Disney it would probably be packed daily,the drive itself is not too bad as it took me 35 minutes from the parking lot to the I-4 exits of Disney.I think they also need to work on their food,the burgers and apple fries were very good but the Market restaurant was a dissapointment and another restaurant was closed.Even though I loved the park the tickets are priced too high if they plan to get bigger crowds in the gate,the short operating hours also don't help.I hope this park succeeds because it really is a very nice park but to compete with Disney and their MYW tickets with a $75 adult admission charge will probably be a challenge.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
AllyBri
DIS Veteran

We used the free voucher today. Arrived about 9:50am (thought it would be so busy) total time on line, maybe 10 minutes.
The Park is really fun to see, especially if you're into Lego. We thought they did a really nice job on the Park.
We ate at the Pizza-Pasta restaurant, $10.95 buffet, salad, pasta, pizza, soda, a decent deal. Oh we thought the pizza was beyond awful, everything else was fine.
Travel time (distance) from Celebration to Lego 34.5 miles.

TDS 1994-2005
DVC 1994
Celebratišošn 2001
Living The Dream!

When you die
God and the angels
will hold you accountable
for all the pleasures you were allowed in life
that you denied yourself.
AllyBri is offline   Reply With Quote