Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #121
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Room #7632
Just put you on the list ...... going to update with your room number right now. We will be a deck above you. We are in 8626!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #122
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

We will be sailing in 300 days!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #123
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Yay! Only 300 days!!!!

We have been trying to figure out where to stay before the cruise. We want to fly down at least a couple of days early. Mick wants to stay on Disney property so we can take the ME to our hotel. Looking at either AOA LM or POR FQ since we haven't been to either one. We won't be visiting the parks unless we decide on a water park visit.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #124
Embraer
Mouseketeer

We're in DVC and are staying in a Saratoga Treehouse. Not sure about the most flexible transfer method to Canaveral as we've used the Disney transport before on the Magic & Wonder and it was busy in the terminal when we all descended on mass. What would others recommend? A shuttle or Limo maybe?, there are 5 of us and a toddler.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #125
vbgal
Earning My Ears

We're going! Yahoo!!

It'll be our third Disney cruise but on first on the Fantasy!

Please add us to the FE list.

We'll be traveling with my family (dh + 4 kiddos), parents and my sister (plus her dh,dd, & ds)!

Can't wait to new you all.
vbgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #126
vbgal
Earning My Ears

Oops I mean *meet* you all

Jenn
vbgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #127
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Yay! Only 300 days!!!!

We have been trying to figure out where to stay before the cruise. We want to fly down at least a couple of days early. Mick wants to stay on Disney property so we can take the ME to our hotel. Looking at either AOA LM or POR FQ since we haven't been to either one. We won't be visiting the parks unless we decide on a water park visit.
Teresa, we have the same dilemma, not knowing where to stay before the cruise.
We loved staying Concierge at the Contemporary Resort, but are not sure if we can wing it with two cruises and going to Key West.
Only thing we know for sure ...... first night will be spent at the Hyatt at the airport. ;

Quote:
We're in DVC and are staying in a Saratoga Treehouse. Not sure about the most flexible transfer method to Canaveral as we've used the Disney transport before on the Magic & Wonder and it was busy in the terminal when we all descended on mass. What would others recommend? A shuttle or Limo maybe?, there are 5 of us and a toddler.
We are DVC too, but we have nearly two weeks to cover after the cruise and we are not sure yet where to stay.
Sorry, I am no big help with transportation to the port as we always rent a car. We are not fans of Disney transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbgal View Post
We're going! Yahoo!!

It'll be our third Disney cruise but on first on the Fantasy!

Please add us to the FE list.

We'll be traveling with my family (dh + 4 kiddos), parents and my sister (plus her dh,dd, & ds)!

Can't wait to new you all.
Welcome!
It's great to see our group growing.
This will be our 11th cruise and first on the Fantasy too.

I will add you to the lists in my first post. Would you please PM me or post the first names of everyone in your group who is participating in the FE, ages of kids and stateroom numbers if you already know it.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #128
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbgal View Post
Oops I mean *meet* you all

Jenn
I just saw that you are from Santa Barbara. Lucky girl! That is one of my favourite cities in California. We cannot wait for 2014 when we will visit California again and I made it a point that the stop in Santa Barbara is a longer one.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #129
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Sorted the transfer. Alamo, which give those of us in the travel industry the best rates, are now using the Enterprise office in Cape Canaveral. We're getting an SUV at Orlando Int for 5days in the parks then dropping off at Enterprise and using their shuttle. Not sure about the return back to the parks as we're booked at the moment into Saratoga. When my 7month window opens up for booking non-home resorts I'm going to try for BLT. If we get it we'll not bother with a car again as we'll just concentrate on MK & Epcot for a couple of days and get the Magic Express back to the airport. Simples
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #130
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorted the transfer. Alamo, which give those of us in the travel industry the best rates, are now using the Enterprise office in Cape Canaveral. We're getting an SUV at Orlando Int for 5days in the parks then dropping off at Enterprise and using their shuttle. Not sure about the return back to the parks as we're booked at the moment into Saratoga. When my 7month window opens up for booking non-home resorts I'm going to try for BLT. If we get it we'll not bother with a car again as we'll just concentrate on MK & Epcot for a couple of days and get the Magic Express back to the airport. Simples
As I said we always rent a car, too. Went with Dollar last year and we didn't really like the transfer shuttles, as they were really small and we had to wait forever for one, then there was only one guy renting out the cars in PC. We waited for over an hour and the line was out the door.
This summer we are renting Hertz again. Closer to port and more people renting out cars. We are staying for two more weeks after our back to back cruises and I am hoping for OKW for after the cruise and we will get a convertible. We are driving to Key West for 5 nights too, so a car is a must and driving to the Keys in a convertible is just heavenly.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #131
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Hi everyone! Just found this thread, and happy to say that we are booked on this cruise with you! We are travelling with other family members (my 2 DSis' are both Dis'ers as well and are coming with their DH's, and my Mom is coming too).

In our room #9152, there is:

Mary-Liz
Joe
DD Laura (will be 16 on the cruise)
DS Jackson (will be 13 on the cruise)

DD has friends (twin girls) that are also booked with their parents on our cruise, in the cabin next to us.

I was reading some of your posts, and I see that some of you have kids the same age as we do. We did a 4 night Dream early 2011, and DD did not want to go to Edge by herself, and DS went to the lab with a friends' DD who was only 9 at the time. But on such a short cruise, he only went twice, so neither of them really have any "club experience." So any info on the clubs, and how to make sure our kids have a great time is greatly appreciated.

I saw a post from jenanderson and her description of her DD and DS were almost identical to my kids ... especially the "never stops talking" son ! Definitely need to get our boys together! LOL

Really need to add a countdown ticker to my profile.

Mary-Liz

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #132
thefamilyford
Earning My Ears

Question

Hello to everyone out there. My DISBOARDS access seems somewhat limited these days. Unable to access old private messages etc. Any advice?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #133
thefamilyford
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Welcome to all the newcomers! So glad our group continues to grow.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #134
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checkin ' your plans !!! Right now I am looking at the family vacation to Universal in April!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #135
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
Hi everyone! Just found this thread, and happy to say that we are booked on this cruise with you! We are travelling with other family members (my 2 DSis' are both Dis'ers as well and are coming with their DH's, and my Mom is coming too).

In our room #9152, there is:

Mary-Liz
Joe
DD Laura (will be 16 on the cruise)
DS Jackson (will be 13 on the cruise)

DD has friends (twin girls) that are also booked with their parents on our cruise, in the cabin next to us.

I was reading some of your posts, and I see that some of you have kids the same age as we do. We did a 4 night Dream early 2011, and DD did not want to go to Edge by herself, and DS went to the lab with a friends' DD who was only 9 at the time. But on such a short cruise, he only went twice, so neither of them really have any "club experience." So any info on the clubs, and how to make sure our kids have a great time is greatly appreciated.

I saw a post from jenanderson and her description of her DD and DS were almost identical to my kids ... especially the "never stops talking" son ! Definitely need to get our boys together! LOL

Really need to add a countdown ticker to my profile.

Mary-Liz
Welcome to our cruise thread!
I am really sorry it took me so long to welcome you here, but we were on vacation in Italy for a few days.
I added you to the list of cruisers in the first thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefamilyford View Post
Hello to everyone out there. My DISBOARDS access seems somewhat limited these days. Unable to access old private messages etc. Any advice?
Don't worry about time for the DIS sometimes. It happens to all of us.
Sorry, I am no help with your private message problem.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: