Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #61
thefamilyford
Earning My Ears

Jen, welcome to our cruise thread!

A website sounds like a great idea.

Guess What? I'm also a teacher! Sounds like lots of teachers will be on board.
thefamilyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #62
jenanderson
DIS Veteran

Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcomes! It has been a totally crazy week so I didn't get back on our thread until tonight. I did spend some time starting a website for us earlier today though. Right now the site is public but normally I have made them private (with passwords) once more people are on because of all the private information that is posted.

Here is the link to the site:
http://web.me.com/jenbanderson/Disne...y/Welcome.html

I still want to add a page to list excursions, sample navigators, a photo album of the Fantasy, a blog, a page where kids can post their e-mail addresses so they can get to know one another if they are interested and so much more. On our last cruise, my site was huge by the time we sailed!

Let me know your thoughts or if there are things you want added/changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetripletgang View Post
Hello and welcome
I have been lurking and reading along. We are on this cruise with our gang of 3 (they will be 12 on the cruise). This will be our 4th cruise also...we did the 4 night Wonder when the gang were 15 months, 7 night Western Magic back in 2009, 10 night Med on the Magic in 2011 and soooo looking forward to this cruise on the Fantasy in 2013 We are also doing the FE. Would love to hear about what excersions people are thinking about...especially with tweens.
Looking forward to hearing back and making new friends! - Gayle
Hello Gayle,

Thanks for the welcome! The last time we were suppose to go on the Eastern Caribbean route, we had booked a private day cruise on a sailboat for our excursion. We were so sad when the hurricane sent us to Mexico. We loved the trip but felt so bad we missed out on such a cool adventure. I might look into this again but it is so expensive (we had relatives with us last time to share the cost with). Other than that, we have not really done much for excursions. We love just hanging out at the beach and not really having plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Welcome to our cruise thread, Jen!

Glad to have a fellow teacher on board.
You have been on some really interesting cruises. This cruise will be number 11 for us.
Started out in 2009 with a "once in a lifetime" cruise on the Disney Wonder. Well, what can I say, we were rebooked by day 2.
We went on a back to back in 2010 on the Wonder again, then the following year we went on a back to back to back (YES, 3 cruises in a row) on the DREAM. We loved it and returned in Feburary for a short 4 night cruise. We will be back this summer for a double dip and a 4 night back to back on the Dream. Then next February we will do another 4 night cruise. And finally in 2012 we will do the Eastern Caribbean and staying on for a Western Caribbean back to back. Cannot wait ...... and there you have our cruise history.

I am glad another family joined the FE exchange, as I am already making gifts for it! I just love doing FEs - so much fun.

Feel free to set up a page for our cruise - I can add the link in the first post if you want to.
Hope our thread will pick up once we get closer to the cruise itself. I LOVE chatty threads too!
Hello! I was so happy to see when you started the thread and am excited to have our family joining in. You are so lucky to be doing a B2B cruise... I dream of doing that one day (maybe when the kids are older and it is just DH and me).

It has been so crazy at our school as the year is winding up. I hope that this summer I will be able to work on the website much more and chat along with everyone here on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefamilyford View Post
Jen, welcome to our cruise thread!

A website sounds like a great idea.

Guess What? I'm also a teacher! Sounds like lots of teachers will be on board.
Lots of teachers! That must be why we all pick to sail in August! I actually love the heat of that time of the year but sometimes wish that we could cruise when it was a bit cheaper.
jenanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #63
jenanderson
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone! Just wanted to post that I have worked on the website a bit more.

Karin - Thanks for letting me know about the typo! I tend to work pretty fast when I work on the websites and have been known to make many typos.

It will take me some time build all of the different pages that I have done in the past so it will totally be a work in progress for some time.

This weekend there was a show on the travel channel that showed Castaway Cay and it made me so ready to be back there! Got our whole family talking about excursions. I think our family will be looking to do a day sail on one of the islands and then get a cabana on Castaway Cay.

Has anyone else been thinking about excursions?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #64
Teri1
DIS Veteran

I need to read up on what excursions are available and have the best reviews. Love the website for the cruise, very nice. Your guys make great pirates! I feel out of place with all the teachers, so will it help if I tell you I got A's in school! LOL!!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #65
jenanderson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
I need to read up on what excursions are available and have the best reviews. Love the website for the cruise, very nice. Your guys make great pirates! I feel out of place with all the teachers, so will it help if I tell you I got A's in school! LOL!!
Hi Teri!

I haven't started to look at the DCL excursions yet and will hopefully add them to our website soon. I think we will look at booking a day sail with an independent boat/captain. When we were suppose to go to Tortola, we had one planned on a beautiful sailboat but because of the hurricane, we ended up not going there. So for several years, the family has dreamed about finding something like that to book again. As for the cabana at Castaway Cay....I can't wait to have one again. It was the biggest splurge and most relaxing day ever!

Thanks for the compliments about the website. I really love building them and putting it all together helps me dream about our vacations. I will have to find more pirate photos of the family...we love pirate night! If you want a family page, just let me know. They are simple for me to create once you send me a few photos and some information.

Have a great night!
Jen
Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #66
Teri1
DIS Veteran

I will have to look through my photos. Just finished putting my Dream photos together in the Disney photo album that Dizneeat gave us last year. We met on our Wonder cruise.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #67
jenanderson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will have to look through my photos. Just finished putting my Dream photos together in the Disney photo album that Dizneeat gave us last year. We met on our Wonder cruise.
Can't wait to see some of your photos!

So you've cruised with Dizneeat before? How fun! Did you guys plan this one together?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #68
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Yes, we planned this one together. We weren't going to cruise this year, but couldn't wait that long. Since Sept. is cheaper we were able to fit in another cruise on the Dream, wanted to experience more of the ship. Karin and Tom got the pleasure of multiple back to back cruises.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #69
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenanderson View Post
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to post that I have worked on the website a bit more.

It will take me some time build all of the different pages that I have done in the past so it will totally be a work in progress for some time.

This weekend there was a show on the travel channel that showed Castaway Cay and it made me so ready to be back there! Got our whole family talking about excursions. I think our family will be looking to do a day sail on one of the islands and then get a cabana on Castaway Cay.

Has anyone else been thinking about excursions?
Well, the only thing I really want to have SO FAR is a Cabana at CC. We had one last year and have one for every one of our three CC days this summer - yip, expensive, but so worth it in our mind. I have super sensitive eyes and getting out of the sun helps a lot!
I haven't read up on any other excursions, but will contact my friend Ellen to ask what she can recommend.

Teresa and Mick were our tablemates on our 3rd Disney cruise. It was fun to find out that we both are regulars here on the boards and we became instant friends.

Quote:
Teresa, we got along so well - I am sure you will blend in perfectly with all the teachers.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #70
ldb1030
DIS Veteran

I'm baaaaaaaack! Have not been on here in a LONG time! Ready for my lucky #7 cruise on Fantasy! So far 15 of us total! Countdown had begun!

Disney Cruises:
July 2000- 4nt Wonder
July 2002- 7nt Magic-eastern
Sept. 2004- 7nt Magic-mystery
July 2006- 7nt Magic-western
June 2009-Eastern with Tortola for DD's graduation!
June 12th, 2011 5nt on DREAM!!
August 10th 2013- Fantasy!
ldb1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #71
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just popping in as it had been bumped up and I saw it !! Hi Karin
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #72
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb1030 View Post
I'm baaaaaaaack! Have not been on here in a LONG time! Ready for my lucky #7 cruise on Fantasy! So far 15 of us total! Countdown had begun!
I have been reading some great reports on the Fantasy, I am so excited about all the things that make it different from the Dream.

Hey Jen! Have a great time in Florida, I can't wait to hear about Vero Beach, we have not been there.

Hello Miss English Rose, I'm sure our friend Karin will be on here soon!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:49 AM   #73
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb1030 View Post
Welcome to our cruise!
Congratulations on lucky cruise # 7, we are celebrating too .... this will be # 11 for us - first one to be platinum!
You are definitely travelling with a large group! Are they all family?

Added you to the list of cruisers in my first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just popping in as it had been bumped up and I saw it !! Hi Karin
Hi Rosie!
Things have been a bit hectic here with the end of the school year coming up, but I hope to be back and more active here in about two weeks!

Quote:
I have been reading some great reports on the Fantasy, I am so excited about all the things that make it different from the Dream.

Hey Jen! Have a great time in Florida, I can't wait to hear about Vero Beach, we have not been there.

Hello Miss English Rose, I'm sure our friend Karin will be on here soon!
You have to fill me in on all the Fantasy versus Dream details, Teresa. I have not had time to really read up on the Fantasy, I am still to busy getting our summer and February vacations in order.
Can't wait to see you in September! We'll leave here in exactly 7 weeks from today and I cannot wait!!!!!!!!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 06-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #74
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am finally slowing down a bit !!2 Trips in June with People and Places plus 2 jobs has left me way behind on the Dis !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #75
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am finally slowing down a bit !!2 Trips in June with People and Places plus 2 jobs has left me way behind on the Dis !!
There is still over a year left to this cruise, Rosie, no problem if you fall behind.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: