Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #631
LOLZdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Does that mean you are going to be joining the FE group??? :-)
Unfortunately, no.
LOLZdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #632
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
FE participants!

Just a friendly reminder that sign up for the FE will be closed at midnight tonight MY time (GMT +1)
I have also divided the list into two groups as the poll was a draw. I have been working on the group lists already and will post them by Monday evening or Tuesday.
Think you guys are GMT +2 at the moment aren't you. Us Brits have our clocks at GMT +1 at the moment
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #633
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Think you guys are GMT +2 at the moment aren't you. Us Brits have our clocks at GMT +1 at the moment
You are right! Didn't figure in Daylight saving time.

Only 25 more minutes to sign up.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #634
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

5 hours late, but sign up for the FE is now officially closed.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #635
kjansen
Earning My Ears

Catching Up With Everyone

It has been weeks since I have been on here to read or check up on things. Our 16-year-old daughter and 13-year-old daughter play fastpitch softball, so we have had tournaments every weekend and league play during the week. Spring soccer wrapped up a couple weeks ago, and all four of our kids play soccer--I coach our twin 11-year-old boys' team. I will be SO ready for this cruise and time away from the craziness!
I have a couple questions about the drink of the day...where do we get the glass from? Where do we get the drink from? How much does it cost each day?
Sorry I didn't join in on the vote for how to divide up the FE...like I said, craziness around here.
I will look forward to getting more valuable tips and info in the weeks leading up to our cruise!!
kjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #636
LOLZdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjansen View Post
It has been weeks since I have been on here to read or check up on things. Our 16-year-old daughter and 13-year-old daughter play fastpitch softball, so we have had tournaments every weekend and league play during the week. Spring soccer wrapped up a couple weeks ago, and all four of our kids play soccer--I coach our twin 11-year-old boys' team. I will be SO ready for this cruise and time away from the craziness!
I have a couple questions about the drink of the day...where do we get the glass from? Where do we get the drink from? How much does it cost each day?
Sorry I didn't join in on the vote for how to divide up the FE...like I said, craziness around here.
I will look forward to getting more valuable tips and info in the weeks leading up to our cruise!!
My little cousin who is coming with me plays softball too, and I'm her coach. I know how wild softball season can get!
LOLZdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #637
marycoajou
Earning My Ears

For the FE list. My family has 2 cabins but only 1 will be participating. That cabin is 7685.
Thank you,
Mary Coajou
marycoajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #638
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

woohoo!!! the FE is closed! Now I can get started!

Thanks for organizing Karin!

It feels REAL now. YAY!
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #639
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjansen View Post
Drink of the day:
On Embarkation day there will be CMs with trays full of the DOTD. If you choose to buy one, you get to keep the glass (plastic).
You can also order those at the outside bars (don't think the inside ones offer souvenir glasses) or from CMs walking around (esp. at pirate night)
I am not too sure about the price as NO cash or CC is used once on board. You pay for everything with your KTTW, but I think they were around 7 or 8$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marycoajou View Post
For the FE list. My family has 2 cabins but only 1 will be participating. That cabin is 7685.
Thank you,
Mary Coajou
Corrected the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrex21 View Post
woohoo!!! the FE is closed! Now I can get started!

Thanks for organizing Karin!

It feels REAL now. YAY!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #640
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

I was just wondering if you had decided how you were going to divide the group up. Also, will you be including the GTY in the division or are you going to add them once they get the room numbers.

yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #641
turkyman
Disney Nut!

Hey all,

I got my luggage tags and documents in the mail yesterday. We're getting close! I can't wait.

As this is my first Disney cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I was very impressed with the quality of the materials I got yesterday. The luggage tags were real tags (unlike Carnival, which requires you to print your own) and the booklet was extremely customized with valuable information about our flights, reservations, and many other small details tailored for us. Very impressive!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #642
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkyman View Post
Hey all,

I got my luggage tags and documents in the mail yesterday. We're getting close! I can't wait.

As this is my first Disney cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I was very impressed with the quality of the materials I got yesterday. The luggage tags were real tags (unlike Carnival, which requires you to print your own) and the booklet was extremely customized with valuable information about our flights, reservations, and many other small details tailored for us. Very impressive!
I got mine yesterday as well. Since I have never been on a cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I am excited but a little scared (the unknown is always scary)! I am looking forward to getting away though!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #643
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Hello all!

Me and my family will be joining you all on the 8/10 Fantasy sailing! We are:
  • Maggi (me)
  • Greg (DH)
  • Conor (DS 8)
  • Peggy (Grammy)

We are from AA County Maryland and this is my family's FIRST Disney cruise! I have cruised on the Dream once before (on a Make a Wish cruise with one of my friends) and had a blast! I knew I had book another for the rest of us! Originally I had another booked, but we had to switch to this sailing due to a schedule conflict. Anyway, it also allowed us to bring along my Mom who has NEVER cruised before. Ever. DH and I have sailed Celebrity many times, we've all been to Disney quite a few times so this was the next logical choice in our obsession.

I finally JUST got caught up reading through the pages in this thread! I will look for the FB group as well and pop on over and say hello. My DS will be thrilled to see so many other boys in his age group on this sailing!

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you all at the group meet at 1515hrs! So excited! Only 39 more days! Our last one was 100+ days away. This is much better!
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #644
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmit002 View Post
Hello all!

Me and my family will be joining you all on the 8/10 Fantasy sailing! We are:
  • Maggi (me)
  • Greg (DH)
  • Conor (DS 8)
  • Peggy (Grammy)

We are from AA County Maryland and this is my family's FIRST Disney cruise! I have cruised on the Dream once before (on a Make a Wish cruise with one of my friends) and had a blast! I knew I had book another for the rest of us! Originally I had another booked, but we had to switch to this sailing due to a schedule conflict. Anyway, it also allowed us to bring along my Mom who has NEVER cruised before. Ever. DH and I have sailed Celebrity many times, we've all been to Disney quite a few times so this was the next logical choice in our obsession.

I finally JUST got caught up reading through the pages in this thread! I will look for the FB group as well and pop on over and say hello. My DS will be thrilled to see so many other boys in his age group on this sailing!

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you all at the group meet at 1515hrs! So excited! Only 39 more days! Our last one was 100+ days away. This is much better!
Welcome to the Disney Cruise! We are so looking forward to getting away!

Karin - here is a link to the lime green Mickey head for anyone that might want to wear it or put in on their camera or purse strap. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134346 I plan on downloading it, print it, laminate and put a pin back on. Hopefully if we see people wearing them we will know they are part of the DISboard FE group and will say hi! (Not sure my kids or ex will wear it, but I plan on it.)

Also, Msmit002 said on her last cruise they got some scrapbook paper and someone cut out Mickey heads with their cricut. I have a cricut, so I can do the cut outs. Just let me know what everone wants to do, and we can do it. OR I can find the Mickey head punch cutter and we can do the same thing.

Anyway, just counting down the days!

Last edited by yellowrosedtxn; 07-02-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #645
Msmit002
Family Concierge

I just got another brilliant idea... I can make lime green Mickey Head pins from Shrinky Dinks and glue a pin with closure on the back! Durable and can be worn on a lanyard/hat/shirt etc.

Ya know, I can't join the FE, but this could be my goodwill contribution. :
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: