Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #346
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Got it, Shelley! I sent an email back. Love the Mickey Gnome pic!

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #347
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
Got it, Shelley! I sent an email back. Love the Mickey Gnome pic!
Sorry about that. I sent the right files this time!

Have a great day!

yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #348
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

Man, I'm behind!!

Hey guys!

Looks like yall have been busy while I was napping, I mean, taking care of the baby... I have a lot of reading material to catch up on!

Has anyone thought about excursions yet? Or done any research? Or have any tips to share with the class? I read through the Eastern Excursion thread and have some ideas but just wanted to see if anyone has had any better ones!!

Quick question: Do yall think we will end up splitting the FE in half? I thought I counted 28 families!! I love that our sailing is so popular!! Just curious as to what yall think about that. Our family will be flying so that might change my strategy a little bit. Dad was supposed to drive down a few days before but he changed his mind. I'm assuming that he didn't want to haul down all of my luggage...

I love the smilies... this one is my favorite: !!

Okay, I guess I'll go back to sleep now. Now that I can remember my password, I'll log on a little more and chat it up!

Have a magical day guys!
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #349
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

I just looked at the list and there are 37 staterooms, and at this point I see at least 54 adults and 45 kids. But there were a few people on the list that had not filled out how many people were in their staterooms. (For the "number" of people, I did not include my family in that count as I won't be doing FE gifts for us. So, I guess the total would be 57 Adults and 47 kids.)

If we were to split, what would be a good splitting point? Like how many staterooms per list? I am just wondering as this is my first FE. I really want to participate but if we get tons more I think I am going to just do stateroom gifts verses individual ones.

Last edited by yellowrosedtxn; 04-29-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Fixing number of people.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #350
vbgal
Earning My Ears

I've also read on another thread that if we split the groups, we can chose to participate in all the groups or just the one we're in.
vbgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #351
vbgal
Earning My Ears

I just looked at my FE group from last year and we had 17 staterooms and it was very doable. 37 does seem like a lot.
vbgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #352
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbgal View Post
I just looked at my FE group from last year and we had 17 staterooms and it was very doable. 37 does seem like a lot.
I would be good with 20 or 25 staterooms. If some people want to participate in both groups. Then great, but then everyone has that option. Karin? What do you think?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #353
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

Up to 25 would be a good number with me! I really want this to be fun, but I think I might have to scale down my plans if it gets too huge! Anyone else have any ideas?

Time for laundry lol
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #354
Embraer
Mouseketeer

One Hundred Days !!!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #355
twentytoez
Mouseketeer

I don't mind splitting the group.

Wow we are really at 100 days?!?!
twentytoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #356
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

YEAH 100 DAYS!!!! I am SO EXCITED!

So, I have a question. Did any of you all get trip insurance? And if you did, did you get the one from Disney or another agent?

Old 05-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #357
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi! I am sorry I did not respond for quite some time, but at first I had some projects at work that needed my attention and then Tom and I went to Disneyland Paris for a little vacation.

I see that there are a lot of questions about splitting the FE list! I am all for it as well. Would you mind if we make it a "head count" split? That sounds a bit odd, doesn't it? What I mean is that once our cut off date arrives we just count how many people are in the group, then split into groups. I was thinking of about 50 people per group. Since we still are about 3 months out I guess we will have some more people joining, so we could go up to 3 groups. Once we have reached the cut off, most of us should know our stateroom numbers as well and I would really love if we devided the group keeping the decks in mind. We have done it that way once and it was WAY easier to only have to deliver to 2 or 3 decks than to run all over the ship. what do you all think of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
all of the Disney boats....second time Fantasy...
Wow! So envious! The Fantasy will be the third ship of the DCL fleet we have been on (3 cruises on the Wonder and 7 on the DREAM). But next summer we will do a Med cruise on the Magic and we are so excited to finally have been on all four ships, especially with all the new additions the Magic will get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
Ok, I am going to try this as I am not exactly sure if I am posting this correctly. If you click on this link: http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/ye...28652318713804 It will take you to the frist one.

This is the second one: http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/ye...48191713905516

And the third one: http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/ye...tml?sort=4&o=2

Which one do you think we should do or maybe several people want to do one for themselves as a souvenir. I can e-mail whoever wants one the word doc that I did these in. Just let me know.
They are very cute, Shelley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrex21 View Post
Hey guys!

Looks like yall have been busy while I was napping, I mean, taking care of the baby... I have a lot of reading material to catch up on!

Has anyone thought about excursions yet? Or done any research? Or have any tips to share with the class? I read through the Eastern Excursion thread and have some ideas but just wanted to see if anyone has had any better ones!!

Quick question: Do yall think we will end up splitting the FE in half? I thought I counted 28 families!! I love that our sailing is so popular!! Just curious as to what yall think about that. Our family will be flying so that might change my strategy a little bit. Dad was supposed to drive down a few days before but he changed his mind. I'm assuming that he didn't want to haul down all of my luggage...

I love the smilies... this one is my favorite: !!

Okay, I guess I'll go back to sleep now. Now that I can remember my password, I'll log on a little more and chat it up!

Have a magical day guys!
How's the little one? Any chance you could post a photo of him? I would be VERY interested.
We have not only thought about excursions, we have booked ours already. But I am not sure I have the information you are looking for as we are travelling without kids and are more interested in sightseeing than beach experiences.
Your question about the FE being split was one of a few, so I addressed it at the beginning of this post. Hope it is okay with you.

Quote:
I just looked at the list and there are 37 staterooms, and at this point I see at least 54 adults and 45 kids. But there were a few people on the list that had not filled out how many people were in their staterooms. (For the "number" of people, I did not include my family in that count as I won't be doing FE gifts for us. So, I guess the total would be 57 Adults and 47 kids.)

If we were to split, what would be a good splitting point? Like how many staterooms per list? I am just wondering as this is my first FE. I really want to participate but if we get tons more I think I am going to just do stateroom gifts verses individual ones.
Shelley, I addressed the FE list and splitting it at the beginning of the post. I am right there with you, 100 people are FAR too much. Let me know what you think about the splitting I suggested. We have done it that way before and it was really easy to manage (especially with regards to splitting it with the decks in mind. )
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #358
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've also read on another thread that if we split the groups, we can chose to participate in all the groups or just the one we're in.
You sure can chose to be in all (or some) of the groups. Just let me know, so I can put you in how many you want to be in.
We usually get into one and then join the "latecomers" list, as there are usually less people and so they can get a few more gifts as well.

Quote:
37 is definitely too many. We are on vacation to enjoy ourselves, not to hike up and down the ship for hours.

Quote:
I would be good with 20 or 25 staterooms. If some people want to participate in both groups. Then great, but then everyone has that option. Karin? What do you think?
If we do it by heads we will get to around 20 staterooms (or less - it always depends on how many will join in the two months to come) and it will be even for the ones who do individual gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrex21 View Post
Up to 25 would be a good number with me! I really want this to be fun, but I think I might have to scale down my plans if it gets too huge! Anyone else have any ideas?

Time for laundry lol
Yeah! Time for laundry here too! Travelling with weather ranging from hot to cold(ish) is no fun. You bring home too many used things.

I think if we do it by heads we will be way under the 25 staterooms and if we give a bit of consideration on the decks these staterooms are on than it should not be too hard to do it.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 05-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #359
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
One Hundred Days !!!
98 days as of today!
I am sure time is going to fly by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytoez View Post
I don't mind splitting the group.

Wow we are really at 100 days?!?!
Glad to hear that you don't mind splitting the group! We want this to be fun, don't we.

Quote:
YEAH 100 DAYS!!!! I am SO EXCITED!

So, I have a question. Did any of you all get trip insurance? And if you did, did you get the one from Disney or another agent?
Shelley, you have been such a busy poster here!

We did buy trip insurance and we bought through Disney. I bought it for all of our cruises, especially with us travelling from Europe I thought of better being safe than sorry. We do have European insurance as well, but it does not cover the cruise portion for some reason.
You never know what happens during Hurricane season ..... I am sure that there are other options than Disney insurance as well, but we have no experience with other US trip insurance.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #360
thefamilyford
Earning My Ears

We like the idea of splitting the growing number of FE participants as well. Karin, I like your idea of organizing by floor too!
So thrilled our countdown has entered the double digits!!!
Happy Weekend Everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: