Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #286
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkohl View Post
Hi everyone. We will be on this cruise too. We would love to join in on the fun with the FE.

There will be 5 of us. 3 kids

Drew (boy - 13 years old)
Emily (11 years old)
Matthew (9 years old)

Neil
Michelle (kid at heart)

We are in rooms 10016 & 10018

We are all so looking forward to our first Disney Cruise. We have been to WDW many many times, but have been wanting to do the cruise for a while.
to the DISboards and welcome to our cruise thread.

You are going to love cruising with Disney. They really do a great job. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

I added you to the list of cruisers and the FE participants list in my first post and updated the online list with your details!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #287
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer
 
yellowrosedtxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 86

Roaming Gnome

Karin

Have you heard about the Roaming Gnome magnet? I was wondering if you would mind if I did this. I thought it would be something really cool to have as a reminder of our trip. When I learn more about it, I can post it here and you can tell me if I can do this or not. THANKS for setting up the FE group!
__________________
Shelley DLR - '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '12; WDW - '97, '10; Disney Cruise '13

yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #288
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
Karin

Have you heard about the Roaming Gnome magnet? I was wondering if you would mind if I did this. I thought it would be something really cool to have as a reminder of our trip. When I learn more about it, I can post it here and you can tell me if I can do this or not. THANKS for setting up the FE group!
Oh, the Roaming Gnome! We have done that twice before - lots of fun!

I would LOVE it, if you would do that for our cruise. It's pretty easy - you create (copy/borrow) the roaming gnome image and an explanation of how it works and print it on magnetic paper. Then you put it on some DISers door and they hand it on to someone else.
Make sure you stress everyone includes their stateroom number. First time we did it, we forgot, and it came back to us.

Maybe you should decide if you want to do it within the FE group or if you want the rest of the cruisers to sign up.

We have always only had it run in the FE group, as it was easy as everyone had already provided their stateroom number.


__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #289
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Oh, the Roaming Gnome! We have done that twice before - lots of fun!

I would LOVE it, if you would do that for our cruise. It's pretty easy - you create (copy/borrow) the roaming gnome image and an explanation of how it works and print it on magnetic paper. Then you put it on some DISers door and they hand it on to someone else.
Make sure you stress everyone includes their stateroom number. First time we did it, we forgot, and it came back to us.

Maybe you should decide if you want to do it within the FE group or if you want the rest of the cruisers to sign up.

We have always only had it run in the FE group, as it was easy as everyone had already provided their stateroom number.


Oh I like that !!! Where is the sight for more details ????
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #290
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh I like that !!! Where is the sight for more details ????
As far as I know there is no site to read up on it, but it is as I said. Print out the magnet and it is handed on from stateroom to stateroom after being signed.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #291
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
As far as I know there is no site to read up on it, but it is as I said. Print out the magnet and it is handed on from stateroom to stateroom after being signed.
Okay How do I print out a magnet???
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #292
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Okay How do I print out a magnet???
You put the magnet paper in the printer and hit "print".
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #293
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer
 
yellowrosedtxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 86

Karin
I SO want to do this! I will get one set up and I HOPE that our group would do it. I am going to get the directions on how to print and the template to make this up! YEAH!

I can't wait!
__________________
Shelley DLR - '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '12; WDW - '97, '10; Disney Cruise '13

yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #294
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You put the magnet paper in the printer and hit "print".
Oh I guess I need a Printer that works
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #295
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
Karin
I SO want to do this! I will get one set up and I HOPE that our group would do it. I am going to get the directions on how to print and the template to make this up! YEAH!

I can't wait!
I am sure it is going to be fun!
It would be best to print on strong magnetic paper. Just google garden gnome if you need a picture, there is even a Mickey garden gnome. You can copy the instructions from the photo I posted and that's it.
I strongly advice against printing on paper and then laminating. You need a permanent marker to sign it and not many people carry one around.


Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh I guess I need a Printer that works
That would really help, Rosie!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #296
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer
 
yellowrosedtxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am sure it is going to be fun!
It would be best to print on strong magnetic paper. Just google garden gnome if you need a picture, there is even a Mickey garden gnome. You can copy the instructions from the photo I posted and that's it.
I strongly advice against printing on paper and then laminating. You need a permanent marker to sign it and not many people carry one around.

I am going to print it out on a magnetic sheet and at the end I will post a picture when we are done so anyone else that wants it, would be able to print it out to have a keepsake of our cruise.
__________________
Shelley DLR - '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '12; WDW - '97, '10; Disney Cruise '13

yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #297
vbgal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 39

Sounds like fun!!


I've also heard of 'Champagne Ladies' as well as mixology classes where we can all sign up as a group for the lesson/tasting.

So many things to do!!
vbgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #298
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
I am going to print it out on a magnetic sheet and at the end I will post a picture when we are done so anyone else that wants it, would be able to print it out to have a keepsake of our cruise.
Great idea! Can't wait to see your creation.

It's getting so close now. I can book my excursions and Palo and Remy on Fridays and that's always a sign of the cruise being here pretty soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vbgal View Post
Sounds like fun!!


I've also heard of 'Champagne Ladies' as well as mixology classes where we can all sign up as a group for the lesson/tasting.

So many things to do!!
The Roaming Gnome is a lot of fun!

Not sure about the Champagne Ladies, but if you want to do a mixology class or tasting as a group you need 25 participants and contact Disney beforehand to set it up.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #299
thetripletgang
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37

Has anyone thought about a Dis Meet? Where and when?
thetripletgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #300
Embraer
Mouseketeer
 
Embraer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 235

Same question, just seen this thread. Particularly like the idea of a stargazing meet. Can't imagine anybody will have a telescope but there are plenty of suitable iPad apps such as Star Walk HD
__________________
Embraer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: