Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #211
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

Thank you for your kind words, Rosie!
You are welcome and they are VERY TRUE words
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #212
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

SOOO confused!

My family will be going on the Fantasy Cruise August 10. That will include Shelley (myself - 46), Louis (my ex-husband - 48), Danielle (daughter - 21), Brittany (daughter - 18) and Joshua (son - 16).

Brittany is graduating high school this year and wanted to do a Disney Cruise for her graduation trip. Danielle will be graduating college in December, so she is happy to tag along. Her graduation trip included going to WDW but mostly going to Universal Studios when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened.

Anyway, I would like to join the Fish Extenders, but I am not sure how many people are doing this on this cruise. This is our first cruise and I am kind of scared about it because like going to WDW, there is SO much to do that I really want to enjoy it, but not feel so overwhelmed.

Please help me!!!

Thanks!

Shelley
yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #213
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
My family will be going on the Fantasy Cruise August 10. That will include Shelley (myself - 46), Louis (my ex-husband - 48), Danielle (daughter - 21), Brittany (daughter - 18) and Joshua (son - 16).

Brittany is graduating high school this year and wanted to do a Disney Cruise for her graduation trip. Danielle will be graduating college in December, so she is happy to tag along. Her graduation trip included going to WDW but mostly going to Universal Studios when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened.

Anyway, I would like to join the Fish Extenders, but I am not sure how many people are doing this on this cruise. This is our first cruise and I am kind of scared about it because like going to WDW, there is SO much to do that I really want to enjoy it, but not feel so overwhelmed.

Please help me!!!

Thanks!

Shelley
You are on the right thread for any help you need !!Karin is awesome !!!! She will guide you thru it all!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #214
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I can't wait until we get to cruise!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #215
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You are welcome and they are VERY TRUE words

Quote:

Please help me!!!

Thanks!

Shelley
First off, to our cruise thread.
Cruising with Disney is so much fun, you all are going to have a wonderful time.

As for the Fish Extender - there is lots of information in my first post and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
There is also a link (in red at the end of the post) showing all the people who are currently signed up for the FE exchange.
WE love to do it. It is like a secret santa kind of thing and it is so much fun to come back to your stateroom and find another little gift in the extender. Not only fun for kids.
There is even a thread with homemade gifts.
If you are concerned about the time it takes to deliver the gifts, you can easily devide it into decks and will be done in 10 minutes per deck.
Tom and I like to deliver gifts daily and it is our after dinner "work out". We have so much fun getting to parts of the ship we would NEVER have gone to without having to find certain staterooms.

Think about it and let me know if you want to join. If you do, I'll add you to the participants list. All your names are in your post, so all that I still need is your stateroom number if you already know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You are on the right thread for any help you need !!Karin is awesome !!!! She will guide you thru it all!!!
More praise, Rosie? You are making me blush!

Quote:
Thanks. I can't wait until we get to cruise!
We just got off the Dream 10 days ago and I cannot wait to get back on one of those Disney ships!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #216
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

[FONT="Arial Black"].

More praise, Rosie? You are making me blush!

I agree wholeheartedly with Rosie!!

We just got off the Dream 10 days ago and I cannot wait to get back on one of those Disney ships!

My goodness how time flies!! Ten days already!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #217
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
My goodness how time flies!! Ten days already!! [/COLOR]
Yes, 10 days already - it's unbelieveable that they let that ship sail without me.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #218
LOLZdisney
Earning My Ears

Hey guys!
Although we haven't actually booked yet, my mom (53) and I (22) are planning on going on this cruise and I can't wait. I've been to WDW many a time, even did a college program last fall, but I've never been on a Disney cruise. FINALLY talked my mom into it just last week.
We're still considering if we will do the FE. It sounds like a lot of fun, but neither my mom or I could stand committing until we think of satisfactory ideas for gifts. I was wondering though, is it supposed to be something for every night, or just a one time thing?

Last edited by LOLZdisney; 03-04-2013 at 05:23 PM.
LOLZdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #219
Pattyztx
Earning My Ears

Bump
Pattyztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #220
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLZdisney View Post
Hey guys!
Although we haven't actually booked yet, my mom (53) and I (22) are planning on going on this cruise and I can't wait. I've been to WDW many a time, even did a college program last fall, but I've never been on a Disney cruise. FINALLY talked my mom into it just last week.
We're still considering if we will do the FE. It sounds like a lot of fun, but neither my mom or I could stand committing until we think of satisfactory ideas for gifts. I was wondering though, is it supposed to be something for every night, or just a one time thing?
Great to know that you are thinking about booking this cruise! You will love a Disney cruise. They are just so awesome.
Let me know when you are booked, so I can add you to the list of cruisers.

FE IS a lot of fun. Have you been to the homemade FE gift thread here on the DIS to give you an idea. If you don't have time to make the gifts yourself I am sure you will come up with something fun that you can just buy ready made.
Since you asked about how often you have to "deliver", well, that is completely up to you. Some people do it once a cruise, others, like my DB and me, we hand out gifts several times a cruise. Be aware - we hand out very small and lightweight gifts (we travel from overseas) and LOVE to walk around the ship handing them out.
Okay, to put it in a nutshell. As long as you hand out one gift per stateroom(or person, but that's up to you too ) you are in. Think about it and once you are booked and have decided, just let me know.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #221
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the welcome! I am so excited I can barely stand it!

I am going to say we are in. I am looking forward to it. I will also get with my oldest daughter to come up with some fun things to give as gifts as she is my graphics/artsy kid.

Do I just give you our stateroom numbers here or do I private message you? We have two staterooms next to each other.

Thanks!
Shelley

Well I guess I can't Private message you until I reach 10 posts. I will get there!

Once I get home I just have to remember to come back to this thread so I can look up the homemade gifts as I can't view it at work. They block it.

Last edited by yellowrosedtxn; 03-05-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: To add more information
Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #222
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome! I am so excited I can barely stand it!

I am going to say we are in. I am looking forward to it. I will also get with my oldest daughter to come up with some fun things to give as gifts as she is my graphics/artsy kid.

Do I just give you our stateroom numbers here or do I private message you? We have two staterooms next to each other.

Thanks!
Shelley

Well I guess I can't Private message you until I reach 10 posts. I will get there!

Once I get home I just have to remember to come back to this thread so I can look up the homemade gifts as I can't view it at work. They block it.
Disney cruises ARE exciting .... you are really gonna enjoy it!

I'll put you on the lists, you'll see that FEs are so much fun.

Well, since you found out that you need 10 posts to do PMs we will just have to chat a bit here, so you can PM me your stateroom number.
There's lots of time until we need it to get the deckplan done.

And don't forget to ask as many questions as you need to. We are all here to help.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #223
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I have seen that we are not allowed to bring edible items onboard as an FE gift. What types of gifts have you received or given that people really enjoy? Also, I read that a lot of people bring things from their home state or city or country for that matter.

We live in Texas, what kind of things should I be thinking about bringing? We are also going to be in Florida for a week prior to our cruise, staying in a timeshare. I really want to bring portable things as we are flying to and from Florida. Although I plan to leave enough time to be able to stop and get a box and ship stuff home if I need to.

Since I have never done a cruise before, what kinds of things do you recommend when you get to the different ports? I like to have fun, but nothing to outrageous. Do you ever find yourself board on a cruise? And do people that do the FE's ever meet onboard somewhere?

Shelley
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #224
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I have seen that we are not allowed to bring edible items onboard as an FE gift. What types of gifts have you received or given that people really enjoy? Also, I read that a lot of people bring things from their home state or city or country for that matter.

We live in Texas, what kind of things should I be thinking about bringing? We are also going to be in Florida for a week prior to our cruise, staying in a timeshare. I really want to bring portable things as we are flying to and from Florida. Although I plan to leave enough time to be able to stop and get a box and ship stuff home if I need to.

Since I have never done a cruise before, what kinds of things do you recommend when you get to the different ports? I like to have fun, but nothing to outrageous. Do you ever find yourself board on a cruise? And do people that do the FE's ever meet onboard somewhere?

Shelley
Shelley,
as long as your edible items are NOT home made, but store bought and sealed in, you can bring them on board. For our February cruises we always travel with loads of Austrian chocolates. Unfortunately NO such thing in August, it is FAR too hot.
We enjoy each and every gift we get. That can be a nicely done picture frame or a bundle of glow sticks. (Even though I would use the glow sticks to hand out to kids on pirate night. )
We travel from Austria and all our gifts are lightweight and personalized and most of them have some kind of connection to our home country (can't give everything away. )

To be honest we have yet to travel to Texas, so I have no idea what is special there, but I personally would love to see postcards or other pictures from the area. Maybe there is some special candy or something that is only available in your area (we got hard candy made from Maple Syrup once and our friends from NY brought some "airy chocolates" from their area. Just to give you an idea.

This is our first time going to the Caribbean (we have only done Bahamian cruises so far) so I personally have not been to any of the ports, but Disney offers a lot of excursions in each port. And I usually google travel tips for each port and take my own notes. I also subscribed to a thread that deals with excursions on Caribbean cruises here on the DIS.
Before our first cruise I was SO afraid I would be board and feel locked in on a cruise, but no longer. We just LOVE being on board. There are so many things to see and do. Here is a bit of advice for you - read your daily personal navigator very carefully every day - lots of things to be found to do. You can even go watch several different movies on board and there are shows every evening. There are also navigators posted here on the boards.

I am SURE there will be a group meet set up when we get closer to sail time.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #225
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

That is good information to know. Since I can't really see how many people are participating (like our group has 5) right now can you give me an estimate of how many people are signed up for the FE right now? I mean, it doesn't have to be an exact number, but something kind of idea. That way, when I do get home I can look. I will definitely look for some "Texas" treats to bring with us. One of the best things that I wish I could bring, but won't due to weight and the fact it would be in a glass jar would be a Texas hot sauce or salsa of some sort.

I will be thinking of things to bring. I can't wait!

Thanks again!

Shelley

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: