Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1351
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhodonne View Post
Does anyone know if they let you board earlier than your boarding time? Just curious. I don't want to show up early to just wait. Looking forward to it.
I don't believe they will board you any earlier than your boarding time. They will give you a boarding number and you won't be able to board until the that number is called. Also, I saw you live in Mobile, AL. My husband and I are from there we live in PA now moved here about 6 years ago. What part of Mobile are you from?
LynseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #1352
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post

The time you have now is just "Port Arrival Time" to try and stagger the inrush of people. You can arrive earlier and hang around the terminal (if they let you in, depends on crowd level). You'll receive your boarding number after checking in. Boarding SHOULD start around 11:45 give or take a little. Then when your number is called, you get to push and shove while being pushed and shoved until you get to the gangway.

This time I think we're going to try and get to the terminal around 12:15 or so. I've heard that you can basically check in and walk right on board. I'm all for not getting my toes stepped on this cruise.
One of my favorite things! Ya know how everyone stands around blocking the mouse ears so when it's time to board ya just gotta plow lol!!!!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #1353
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The time you have now is just "Port Arrival Time" to try and stagger the inrush of people. You can arrive earlier and hang around the terminal (if they let you in, depends on crowd level). You'll receive your boarding number after checking in. Boarding SHOULD start around 11:45 give or take a little. Then when your number is called, you get to push and shove while being pushed and shoved until you get to the gangway.

This time I think we're going to try and get to the terminal around 12:15 or so. I've heard that you can basically check in and walk right on board. I'm all for not getting my toes stepped on this cruise.
Our BEST boarding experience ever was showing up around 1:30. We walked in, checked-in, and were in our cabin in less than 20 minutes! Did not have to lug around the carry-on for the bulk of the morning, still were able to eat, etc. Something to ponder.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #1354
bhodonne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynseyK View Post

I don't believe they will board you any earlier than your boarding time. They will give you a boarding number and you won't be able to board until the that number is called. Also, I saw you live in Mobile, AL. My husband and I are from there we live in PA now moved here about 6 years ago. What part of Mobile are you from?
Practice on Airport Blvd near University. Just moved across the bay to Daphne. Thanks for the info!
bhodonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #1355
JohnPA
DisDad #627

<rant on>

Does anyone here have a WORSE IT dept than Disney? Trying to do online check-in for our DVC stays prior and after cruise. NOTHING but disconnects and hangs. Most places have a great website and poor service. Disney decides to do it the other way around!

<rant off>
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #1356
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhodonne View Post
Practice on Airport Blvd near University. Just moved across the bay to Daphne. Thanks for the info!
That's crazy. I lived in Daphne forever my family moved to Mobile and I stayed there. I lived in Lake Forest Apartments for the longest time. Such a small world. Hope we have a great cruise!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #1357
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
<rant on>

Does anyone here have a WORSE IT dept than Disney? Trying to do online check-in for our DVC stays prior and after cruise. NOTHING but disconnects and hangs. Most places have a great website and poor service. Disney decides to do it the other way around!

<rant off>
Oh! Just wait until you have to update your annual pass. The new passes do not have a number on them that we can use to login as annual pass holders and check room rates or other special events. They also cannot just transfer your personal info over from last year's account.

We renewed about a month ago and had to stand at the booth outside HS for a good 30 minutes while everything was keyed in again and verified 20 times!!! I do not understand why they lack so much in the tech area.

Premium Annual Passholders: WDW Regulars! runDisney Fanatics
(absolutely no way to list how many times we have been to WDW)

Wonder (5-night Eastern) 3/20/2015
Magic (7-night Eastern kid-free) 10/26/2014
Fantasy (7-night Western) 5/25/2013
Dream (4-night) 6/20/2012
Dream (3-night) 3/31/2011
NickyDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #1358
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyDa View Post
Oh! Just wait until you have to update your annual pass. The new passes do not have a number on them that we can use to login as annual pass holders and check room rates or other special events. They also cannot just transfer your personal info over from last year's account.

We renewed about a month ago and had to stand at the booth outside HS for a good 30 minutes while everything was keyed in again and verified 20 times!!! I do not understand why they lack so much in the tech area.
Oh goodie! We're doing that as soon as we get there. Fun fun fun.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #1359
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know with two boys my sons ages that are 4 and 2 are they very strict with wearing pants and no shorts? I had planned on bringing maybe a pair of jeans for the both of them but thats it. They are young and do not like dressing up lol. I just didn't know how strict they were with outfits for younger kids.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1360
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know with two boys my sons ages that are 4 and 2 are they very strict with wearing pants and no shorts? I had planned on bringing maybe a pair of jeans for the both of them but thats it. They are young and do not like dressing up lol. I just didn't know how strict they were with outfits for younger kids.
Shorts for the younger ones are just fine.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
Old 05-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #1361
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

And actually you will see a broad range of attire for all ages. They are mostly strict about Palo and Remy dress codes. As far as main dining rooms, as long as you don't show up in swim suits you're good. Someone posted in a thread somewhere about adults showing up in pajamas....and no guys it wasn't me lol!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #1362
flycat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wondering if there are any moms out there that have kids under the age of 5 that will be on the cruise with them? Just thinking about trying to arrange play dates for my kids to have some kids their own age to play with. Any moms let me know.
I am a lurker here but I will be cruising with my 15 month old and my 2.5 year old.
flycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #1363
afergvip
Earning My Ears

Just got my nails aNd toes done. I'm ready to go!! We leave Thursday. So ready to go. The golf tournament kicked my butt yesterday. I don't like those 15 hour work days. It's going to be so nice being off work for 10 days.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #1364
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afergvip View Post
Just got my nails aNd toes done. I'm ready to go!! We leave Thursday. So ready to go. The golf tournament kicked my butt yesterday. I don't like those 15 hour work days. It's going to be so nice being off work for 10 days.
Got my hair trimmed today and will do the mani/pedi tomorrow! I'm still deep cleaning and want to make sure I have that done first lol.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
Old 05-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #1365
bhodonne
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's crazy. I lived in Daphne forever my family moved to Mobile and I stayed there. I lived in Lake Forest Apartments for the longest time. Such a small world. Hope we have a great cruise!
Very small world indeed I hope it's a great cruise as well. I need a break! See ya real soon&hellip;

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
bhodonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: