Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #1336
meggyrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynseyK View Post

Thank you for the welcome. I am just sorry I found this so late. My next disney cruise I am going to have to find this a lot sooner. I look forward to meeting all of you as well. I am so excited for this vacation !!!
I don't even remember how I came across this site. Pure luck I guess.
1st cruise!!
meggyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #1337
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Everyone makes me feel so unprepared lol. I have not even begun to start packing. I have gone shopping and got all the kids clothes and my husband and I all cruise attire. However, no packing lol. Guess I know what I am going to be doing tomorrow. I am always a procrastinator. However, I have been very busy with college but I did just graduate last Tuesday so this vacation is a celebration of that and now I have the time to pack lol
LynseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #1338
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Everyone makes me feel so unprepared lol. I have not even begun to start packing. I have gone shopping and got all the kids clothes and my husband and I all cruise attire. However, no packing lol. Guess I know what I am going to be doing tomorrow. I am always a procrastinator. However, I have been very busy with college but I did just graduate last Tuesday so this vacation is a celebration of that and now I have the time to pack lol
congrats! I think we have all motivated each other to get stuff done. Especially now that we are so close YAY!

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #1339
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Wondering if there are any moms out there that have kids under the age of 5 that will be on the cruise with them? Just thinking about trying to arrange play dates for my kids to have some kids their own age to play with. Any moms let me know.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #1340
rgrovr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wondering if there are any moms out there that have kids under the age of 5 that will be on the cruise with them? Just thinking about trying to arrange play dates for my kids to have some kids their own age to play with. Any moms let me know.
Not a mom But our son is 4 1/2 and will be in the club probably the minute he gets a chance as he had a great time last year as a first-timer. We'll be glad to introduce him if you come to the Deck meet on Saturday, his name is Mateo. I'll be the one taking photos lol.
rgrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #1341
rgrovr
Earning My Ears

A question for the Mom's here:

Have any of you taken a cruise with during an early pregnancy or bad morning sickness? My wife is 11 weeks and this pregnancy is making her really nauseous already and I'm afraid to see what happens when we board. Any advice on what can help to avoid a nonstop sea-sick cruise or minimize the nauseousness a little?

We have the sea-band and some ginger gum but that's about it. So I need to pull out all the magic remedies because if Momma's not happy.... nobody's gonna be happy on this cruise lol.
rgrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #1342
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post

Have any of you taken a cruise with during an early pregnancy or bad morning sickness? My wife is 11 weeks and this pregnancy is making her really nauseous already and I'm afraid to see what happens when we board. Any advice on what can help to avoid a nonstop sea-sick cruise or minimize the nauseousness a little?

We have the sea-band and some ginger gum but that's about it. So I need to pull out all the magic remedies because if Momma's not happy.... nobody's gonna be happy on this cruise lol.
I have never cruised while pregnant, but you may want to check with the doctor to see what they recommend. I've heard of the ginger but they may be able to give you a better idea of what she can take. I had terrible morning sickness and had to get a prescription for something.

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #1343
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I would agree with KTB2002 I would speak with your obgyn as soon as possible to see if they can write a script for anything because I know with severe morning sickness they will but they also sell these little hard candies for morning sickness at maternity clothing stores. I know the ones at my mall sells them I think they are called preggo pops or something along that line. It's sometimes hard candy or lollipops that are suppose to help with morning sickness.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #1344
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would agree with KTB2002 I would speak with your obgyn as soon as possible to see if they can write a script for anything because I know with severe morning sickness they will but they also sell these little hard candies for morning sickness at maternity clothing stores. I know the ones at my mall sells them I think they are called preggo pops or something along that line. It's sometimes hard candy or lollipops that are suppose to help with morning sickness.
Man, and to think I lived on crackers! They have such cool stuff these days!!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #1345
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

WOW! You guys were busy with posting last night. Welcome Lyndsey!!! Hope you can make the DIS meet on Saturday.

I am so excited!!! 3 more days of work, 2 more days of school for the kiddos and I'll spend Friday packing up our last few things. It was a bit warm at WDW this past weekend so I think we're going to pass on the 24-hour celebration and rest up for next week.

Premium Annual Passholders: WDW Regulars! runDisney Fanatics
(absolutely no way to list how many times we have been to WDW)

Wonder (5-night Eastern) 3/20/2015
Magic (7-night Eastern kid-free) 10/26/2014
Fantasy (7-night Western) 5/25/2013
Dream (4-night) 6/20/2012
Dream (3-night) 3/31/2011
NickyDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #1346
Madeline Landis
Earning My Ears

Quote:

On my last cruise, I was pregnant (further along than your wife - 6 months). I called my OB/Gyn, he prescribed some motion sickness to help with na
Madeline Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #1347
afergvip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I also wanted to throw this out there I am a concierge guest and my family of 4 has reserved a private cabana on castaway cay we have cabana 2. I am really excited to use it but it is pretty pricey for only 1 day. I was wondering if there were any other families out there that might want to go in half with us on it. You can have up to 6 guests for the normal price and 50 extra for each additional person. I know its a maximum of 10 guest but we were hoping to meet a nice family that is friendly that we could share the cabana with. Since my boys are 4 and 2 we really thought a nice comfortable place to relax and cool off would be beneficial. If any moms out there thinks this sounds like something they would be interested in please let me know. Thanks
I bet my group would be interested but we have a group of 7 - 4 adults and 3 kids. Which my teenager last year spent all her time in the teen section. We may be able to ask them if we can make this work if she just visits and checks in occaisionally. Let me know what you think?? Or if you decide you don't want your cabanna we would definately take it!!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #1348
bhodonne
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they let you board earlier than your boarding time? Just curious. I don't want to show up early to just wait. Looking forward to it.
bhodonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #1349
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Lynsey:

Take a look at the spreadsheet that's linked in my signature. You'll see all the kids with gender and ages. That should give you a good idea who from this thread will have children the same ages as yours.

Make sure you stop by the Meet & Greet at 2:00 - 3:00 in D-Lounge (Deck 4 Midship) on embarkation day to meet everyone.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #1350
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhodonne View Post
Does anyone know if they let you board earlier than your boarding time? Just curious. I don't want to show up early to just wait. Looking forward to it.
The time you have now is just "Port Arrival Time" to try and stagger the inrush of people. You can arrive earlier and hang around the terminal (if they let you in, depends on crowd level). You'll receive your boarding number after checking in. Boarding SHOULD start around 11:45 give or take a little. Then when your number is called, you get to push and shove while being pushed and shoved until you get to the gangway.

This time I think we're going to try and get to the terminal around 12:15 or so. I've heard that you can basically check in and walk right on board. I'm all for not getting my toes stepped on this cruise.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: