Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1276
Herdfans4
Loves planning the trip almost as much as taking the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey1220 View Post
If my boys wear swim trunks and tshirt to board will they be going against a dress code?? We always wear shorts and tees and then bring swim stuff in carry ons. But that is a pain to carry.
It would be easier if I just wore swim suit under my clothes. But the boys swim trunks would be too bulky to wear under shorts. What is every one else doing???
Not only did my boys and husband wear swimming trunks with t shirts but I also wore swimsuit with a nice cover up to board. No weird looks for us but then we wouldn't care anyway as Disneywonderfun said its your vacation. Go for what makes you happy!

Herdfans4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #1277
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

Thanks. It will be much easier to just wear our swim clothes. Now my only carry on will be alcohol. Lol. Last year I had so much stuff the stroller was used just for carting bags around.
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #1278
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

Ok. I may start asking a lot of questions. This is my second one today, umm. Maybe third.
Should I bring cash at ports?? And if yes do they accept American money ???
We have Mayan ruins , dolphin swim and turtle farm. And adventure park booked. All through dcl.
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #1279
libpetersen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyrn

Great list! Thanks. It's not so overwhelming. I haven't really started packing yet. I've just been throwing stuff in a box as I think of it. I'll officially start tomorrow.

I know someone a while back posted an email address that can be used if anyone needs to reach us. Can you repost it?

When you carry-on water it has to be in a bag right? You can't just carry on the whole case. And alcohol has to be in your carry-on also? I have a soft sided cooler... can I put a few things in there?
Hi, my understanding is that Disney banned soft sided coolers from boarding now, so don't bring that one! Alcohol does have to be in a carry on, as well as the water.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #1280
libpetersen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey1220
Ok. I may start asking a lot of questions. This is my second one today, umm. Maybe third.
We have Mayan ruins , dolphin swim and turtle farm. And adventure park booked. All through dcl.
I would always carry cash, and american money is gladly accepted. Bring smaller bills, as they will always give you change in local currency. I am in
grand cayman right now on business and even the bar at the RItz Carlton gave me change for american dollars in Cayman currency.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #1281
libpetersen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by libpetersen

Hi, my understanding is that Disney banned soft sided coolers from boarding now, so don't bring that one! Alcohol does have to be in a carry on, as well as the water.
correction, I do think that you don't necessarily have to put water in a bag, but depending on when you board, you would be 'lugging it around" with you, so for ease of use, we put in a bag that rolls.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #1282
meggyrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey1220 View Post
I feel the same way!

When boarding the ship I'm planning on my girls wearing their suits under a shirt and swim shorts. Do I need to plan on carrying anymore clothes for them or will we be in our room and have our luggage before dinner? We are the late seating. I'm sitting here with piles of girl clothing in front of me feeling a bit overwhelmed. But in a week it will be well worth it.

Thanks for the answers about the drinks. I think I'll keep my cooler at home and put everything in a wheeled carry on.
1st cruise!!
meggyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #1283
TARIE7291
TARIE7291

When I was on the Fantasy in October we had our luggage soon after when our room was available. We couldn't believe how fast it was because we boarded around 12:30.
TARIE7291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #1284
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
I feel the same way!

When boarding the ship I'm planning on my girls wearing their suits under a shirt and swim shorts. Do I need to plan on carrying anymore clothes for them or will we be in our room and have our luggage before dinner? We are the late seating. I'm sitting here with piles of girl clothing in front of me feeling a bit overwhelmed. But in a week it will be well worth it.

Thanks for the answers about the drinks. I think I'll keep my cooler at home and put everything in a wheeled carry on.
Conventional wisdom is to pack clothes for dinner in a carry-on "just in case". I've always had our luggage show up by 5:00 or so, but you just don't know. Doesn't have to be anything fancy for the first night.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #1285
meggyrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post

Conventional wisdom is to pack clothes for dinner in a carry-on "just in case". I've always had our luggage show up by 5:00 or so, but you just don't know. Doesn't have to be anything fancy for the first night.
Thanks! I got our FE gifts packed and my girls' stuff packed.

What is the best thing to bring for extra plug ins?
1st cruise!!
meggyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #1286
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
Thanks! I got our FE gifts packed and my girls' stuff packed.

What is the best thing to bring for extra plug ins?
This is what I use, but any powerstrip would work. They don't want extension cords, but powerstrips with a short cord are OK.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #1287
Weedy
DIS Veteran

Do this today!!!

Everyone go look for your passports or birth certificates. There have been two post lately of people finding out the night before they leave for their trip that they don't know where they are.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #1288
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Everyone go look for your passports or birth certificates. There have been two post lately of people finding out the night before they leave for their trip that they don't know where they are.
I read that thread. I just went and found our passports. I'm so ready to go!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #1289
rgrovr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Lol. We religiously put ours in the safe the minute we come back from any trip. Helps avoid any last minute panic. Now if I can only find where I put my pirate shirt, everything will be good
rgrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #1290
Outrageous Crew
Earning My Ears

Will someone please hit me over the head and tell me to STOP thinking of FE ideas... and then actually making them.....this is WAY too much fun!!!
See ya real soon....
Tresha
Magic 7 day Eastern Dec 2000
Magic 7 day Eastern March 2001
Magic 7 day Western Dec 2002
Magic 7 day Eastern Feb 2004
Magic 7 day Western Dec 2004
Wonder 7 day Eastern Dec 2006
Magic 7 day Western Dec 2008
Magic 7 day Western Dec 2009
Fantasy 7 day Western May 2013
anticipating Fantasy 7 day Western May 2014