Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #631
wllsmichelle
Earning My Ears

Please add us to the group

Kevin and Michelle Willis
Whitney age 24- Mary age 19
Stateroom: 8154
Allergies: No
Participate in fish extender: yes
Bracelet: yes, 4 large

Amy Perciballi
Nicolo, male age 11 Will, male age 9
Stateroom: 8156
Bracelet: yes, 1 adult, 2 kids

Same group please
Thanks so much!
wllsmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #632
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllsmichelle View Post
Kevin and Michelle Willis
Whitney age 24- Mary age 19
Stateroom: 8154
Bracelet: yes, 4 large

Amy Perciballi
Nicolo, male age 11 Will, male age 9
Stateroom: 8156
Bracelet: yes, 1 adult, 2 kids

Same group please
Thanks so much!
OK, Michelle. You're all set for the FE Exchange. Welcome aboard!
JohnPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #633
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyrn

Thanks for doing all of this!
Your welcome. Just checked the tracking info and I should have wristbands today!

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #634
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Family Beach Day/Tiki Beach

I was just able to book the Tiki Beach family day!!! (FYI there should be a shipwreck reef snorkel open now)

It has been full for a few weeks, so if anyone was looking for it--you might want to double-check the availability. I think this option will be so much more relaxed for our kids' ages. Plus after reviewing a few pictures from posters, it looks like the boys can get in some snorkeling if they want.

Looking forward to those super-blue waters

Premium Annual Passholders: WDW Regulars! runDisney Fanatics
(absolutely no way to list how many times we have been to WDW)

Wonder (5-night Eastern) 3/20/2015
Magic (7-night Eastern kid-free) 10/26/2014
Fantasy (7-night Western) 5/25/2013
Dream (4-night) 6/20/2012
Dream (3-night) 3/31/2011
NickyDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #635
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkaliciasmom View Post

Your welcome. Just checked the tracking info and I should have wristbands today!
Go ahead and put me down for 4 adults and 2 child bands please. Rooms 5650 and 5652. Thanks and they look awesome!

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #636
meggyrn
Mouseketeer

What is the dress code for dining on the ship? When I looked it says no "shorts, swim wear and tank tops". Can women/children wear sundresses or does it have to be something with sleeves? My girls are already picking out clothes to bring on the cruise.
1st cruise!!
meggyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #637
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
What is the dress code for dining on the ship? When I looked it says no "shorts, swim wear and tank tops". Can women/children wear sundresses or does it have to be something with sleeves? My girls are already picking out clothes to bring on the cruise.
Cruise casual is the norm. Believe me everyone has their own definition of this term.

Personally, I think sundresses are a great option. If you tend to get cold often, I would pack a light sweater/shrug if you plan to go sleeveless. My DD-8 likes to wear "Easter-style" dresses with a tiara no matter if it's cruise casual night or formal night. I say wear what you are comfortable in. Last cruise, the table next to us would bring their kids to dinner in their pajamas. The only time I have read about the dining dress code being slightly enforced is at Remy or Palo.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #638
meggyrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyDa View Post
Cruise casual is the norm. Believe me everyone has their own definition of this term.

Personally, I think sundresses are a great option. If you tend to get cold often, I would pack a light sweater/shrug if you plan to go sleeveless. My DD-8 likes to wear "Easter-style" dresses with a tiara no matter if it's cruise casual night or formal night. I say wear what you are comfortable in. Last cruise, the table next to us would bring their kids to dinner in their pajamas. The only time I have read about the dining dress code being slightly enforced is at Remy or Palo.
Thanks! I was a bit worried about this from what I read as the dress code on the Disney site. Probably most of what we will bring will be tank toppish style tops and sundresses. When night is formal night?

Few more questions...We are doing the 2nd seating for dinner and I read that they will come and get your children after they are done eating and entertain them. That only goes up to age 12. Our oldest DD will have just turned 13 a month before. Do you think they'll take her also? I know she won't be to pleased to sit with us while we finish dinner when her sisters get to go play. How strict are they will the age limits on the kid's clubs? Since she will just have turned 13, and the Oceaneer's Club is ages 3-12, will they allow her to go in there? DD2 and 3 will be 10 and 11 at the time of the cruise. DD3 is very mature for a 10 1/2 year old, will she be allowed to go into Edge with her older sisters since that is ages 11-14? We are at that age range where they can't all go to one place at a time. They are used to playing together and I know one won't want to go off somewhere by themselves as they can be a bit shy.
1st cruise!!
meggyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #639
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post

When night is formal night?

Few more questions...We are doing the 2nd seating for dinner and I read that they will come and get your children after they are done eating and entertain them. That only goes up to age 12. Our oldest DD will have just turned 13 a month before. Do you think they'll take her also? I know she won't be to pleased to sit with us while we finish dinner when her sisters get to go play. How strict are they will the age limits on the kid's clubs? Since she will just have turned 13, and the Oceaneer's Club is ages 3-12, will they allow her to go in there? DD2 and 3 will be 10 and 11 at the time of the cruise. DD3 is very mature for a 10 1/2 year old, will she be allowed to go into Edge with her older sisters since that is ages 11-14? We are at that age range where they can't all go to one place at a time. They are used to playing together and I know one won't want to go off somewhere by themselves as they can be a bit shy.
Formal night will be our 2nd night on the ship--that Sunday.

I do know the CMs come to the dining room to pick up kiddos for the Lab/Club, but I have no experience in the age distinctions. Our DS has only been 11, 12, and now 13 with DCL so I'm not sure how strict they are with overlapping ages. And then our youngest will 8, so she's always been a part of the kids' club.

I will let you know that the CMs only come to the MDR entrance and stand there. You have to keep an eye out for them and send your kids out.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #640
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

I've been trying to post a pic of the wristbands on here, but it's not working. I did see a box where it say's I cant post attatchments. If anyone can give me direction, that would be great. I did post 2 picS of the front and back of the wristbands on the FB page. They look AWESOME!

Old 03-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #641
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkaliciasmom View Post
I've been trying to post a pic of the wristbands on here, but it's not working. I did see a box where it say's I cant post attatchments. If anyone can give me direction, that would be great. I did post 2 picS of the front and back of the wristbands on the FB page. They look AWESOME!
I'm not computer savvy, but I didn't understand the posting process in here for awhile. My husband explained that the pictures needed to have their own URL or web address ---don't shoot me b/c I'm using the wrong terminology. So you need to have the pictures posted in a site like Flickr and copy the http address instead or just inserting the pic from a file folder on your computer. Hope that helps

Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #642
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdfans4 View Post
Not sure if I told You the right number for our group. It is 16 adult bracelet total. Our kids are big. Thanks. Also when do we pay for them?
Sorry.... I was going through the list to make sure I have everyone down and I saw this message. You'll pay when you get them. As of now, they will be $2 ea, unless others want to join in too. So 16 bracelets for you all. I was going through the spreadsheet and saw a total of 8 in the 2 cabins (with the screen name). Can you tell me who else is participating too, so I can mark it on the sheet. Thank You

Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #643
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyDa View Post
I'm not computer savvy, but I didn't understand the posting process in here for awhile. My husband explained that the pictures needed to have their own URL or web address ---don't shoot me b/c I'm using the wrong terminology. So you need to have the pictures posted in a site like Flickr and copy the http address instead or just inserting the pic from a file folder on your computer. Hope that helps
ok, that helps. Thank You

Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #644
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Wristband update....

As of this moment, it looks like each wristband will cost $1.50 each. I went through most of the pages and updated the spreadsheet (I printed out) and it looks like we have 67 Adult and 22 Youth sizes.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and I'll update my spreadsheet.
They turned out great! If you haven't seen the FB pic, they are lime green, 1/2" wristbands. Debossed, filled in with black ink. The font is Walt-O-Graph. The front says Fantasia Amigos, and the back, May 25-June 1, 2013.

FYI, I'm getting a Youth size. I have smaller wrist and hand and this size doesnt fall off like the adult size does. I will have plenty with me when we all meet up, so if you need a different size, that shouldnt matter.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #645
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Go ahead and put me down for 4 adults and 2 child bands please. Rooms 5650 and 5652. Thanks and they look awesome!
For the spreadsheet it would be 2 adult bracelets for 5650, 2 adult and 2 child bracelets for 5652.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: