Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #91
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

We had the large table on the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
We have some more friends that hope to join us! We met them too on our first cruise. A few of us had arranged here on the dis to sit together at dinner because we all had daughters within 2 years of each other. Out of the 4 groups, there were 5 daughters, 1 son. Little did we know at the time that 5 of them (and maybe even the 6th, can't remember) all have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other! Everyone got along great and the girls all had a great time hanging out with one another!

Anyway, now Ellen and her daughter are hoping to join us and Fluvanna's family! We are hoping to get the other family onboard too! However, they have since added a new addition to their family and I believe that they are wanting him to be a bit bigger when they cruise.

That brings a question: We all sat at one table that accommodated 14 people. If we can get all 4 of the families back together, do they have tables that big on the Dream/Fantasy?

It's gonna be one big birthday party! 4 kids AND 3 moms that have birthdays very close too!!!
celebrating
Carmen,

When we cruised this October we got a huge table for the 6 adults and 3 kids but it would definitely would have sat at least 12-15. I think we should be set.
Hope we can get it.

Fluvanna

Disney Magic Eastern December 5-12, 2009

Disney Wonder October 23-28, 2011
fluvannaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #92
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

Just awitched rooms!

I gave up the partially obstructed verandah for the 2 large porthole family oceanview!!!

Now we are stateroom 6012!

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #93
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluvannaj View Post
Carmen,

When we cruised this October we got a huge table for the 6 adults and 3 kids but it would definitely would have sat at least 12-15. I think we should be set.
Hope we can get it.

Fluvanna
That's great to know that they do have options for the large groups! Especially getting in the request early
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #94
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

We are booked in 8656. This is our first cruise. Tyler and I have been to WDW before, James and Isabelle have not. Tyler will be 9 and Isabelle will have just turned 2.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #95
winnyis
When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.

deleted

Ginny

August 2001 - Eastern, August 2002 - Western, November 2003 - Navigator of the Seas Western, August 2004 - Hurricane Francis 10 day Western, August 2005 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise, Sept 2006 - 10 Day Southern Carribean Wonder, November 2006 - Girls Only Carnival Cruise, March 2007 - 3 Day Wonder, Oct 2007- Girls Only RCI Soveriegn of the Seas, Nov 2007 - Thanksgiving on the Magic, August 2008 - Panama Canal Repo Cruise Again, October 2008 - Girls Only Carnival Inspiration, Oct 2009 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny, Oct , 2009 - Halloween on the Wonder; April , 2010 - Spring Break in Hawaii; Nov 2010 - Girls Only Carnival Destiny again; March 3, 2011, Disney Dream, August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Upcoming Trips - June 2012 - 20th Anniversary trip to Maui and Oahu; June 27, 2013 - 12 Night Med cruise

Last edited by winnyis; 01-25-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: .
winnyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #96
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

Let's add another Florida family to this cruise

It will be DH, me, and DS13.
This is DS's spring break and our anniversary week.

We went on our very first cruise ever this Christmas on the Magic. Wonderful time! DS and I wanted to go to Alaska in 2013 but after figuring out the cost, it was a no go. Oh well, at least this way, there is no cost for flying, we just drive to the port.

I will want to join the FE list, we had a good time with it at Christmas even though only 10 cabins participated.

Looking forward to getting to know you all while we "patiently" wait.
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #97
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I was waiting of the Magic dates out of Galveston to come out and figured I would go back and forth for months as to which cruise I would take but I didn't even put a deposit on the Magic today as the price and itenary were rediculous. So I am definately committed to spring break 2013 on the Fantasy.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #98
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryCam View Post
Let's add another Florida family to this cruise
Welcome !!!

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #99
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I was waiting of the Magic dates out of Galveston to come out and figured I would go back and forth for months as to which cruise I would take but I didn't even put a deposit on the Magic today as the price and itenary were rediculous. So I am definately committed to spring break 2013 on the Fantasy.
I'm a bit mystified by the pricing too. I have been looking at the Alaska trips as a way to get together with family on the west coast. It's a bit surprising to me that I'm finding the Fantasy pricing to be more in line with what we've been paying on the Magic.

Still, I'm going to re-shop the price of this cruise when we sail on the Magic in March. And then I will probably book some kind of cheap cruise as a dummy to lock in the discount and the OBB.
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; December Offsite;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; December Offsite;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; December Offsite;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Offsite;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #100
IknowDoYou?
Mouseketeer

Well, it looks like our (somewhat) large group will be joining in on the party!

My apologies if this ends up going long - I get a bit wordy - but I thought I'd introduce ourselves....

All-in-all there will be 11 of us on this trip:

My family (Phoenix area):
- Ryan
- Stephanie
- Teddy (8)
- Ellie (6)

My sister's family (New Braunfels, TX):
- Kara
- Coty
- Josh (12)
- Gabe (10)
- Molly (3)

Our parents (New Braunfels, as well):
- Rick
- Susan

This will be the sixth cruise for the four of us (we've done the Wonder and Dream) and the fourth for everyone else (same ships), so if anyone has any questions on the ships, I'm more than happy to help.

Needless to say, we're just as excited - if not more - than our first trip! Especially since we'll be celebrating our 14th anniversary on the 13th.

We would love to join in on the FE list, if that's ok. We've done it every year and it's been a lot of fun for the kids.

Anyway, I hope to chat with you all over the coming months. Until then!

Ryan

Last edited by IknowDoYou?; 01-26-2012 at 05:51 PM.
IknowDoYou? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #101
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Welcome Ryan & Co!!!

This will be our 8th cruise by the time we sail and we have been on the Wonder & Magic & are going on the Dream in 2 weeks. By the time we sail on this one, it will be our 3rd on the Fantasy!!! Guess you can say we live DCL

I am very disappointed in the 2013 releases. We just moved our dummy date to an Oct 2013 Fantasy cruise. We were not happy with the prices for Alaska, and we're seriously hoping for Southern Caribbean cruises out of Miami!!! Guess we'll have to "settle" for another 7-night on the Fantasy.

In 2 weeks from today, we board the Dream & will most certainly book another dummy date to move to 2014. Always have to have one "in the hopper"!!

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #102
IknowDoYou?
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I am very disappointed in the 2013 releases.
Us too. We've done the Bahamas and the Mexican Riviera, and we were hoping for a Southern Caribbean or a return to the Mexican Riviera. I know there's been a lot of talk about Mexico, but frankly, we had a much better time and felt MUCH safer in Mexico than we ever have in Nassau. Oh well. Don't get me wrong, we're super excited about the Eastern Caribbean, so we're not complaining. And anyway, the new dates that came out seem extremely expensive. Plus, we don't have another Fantasy booking in place, so this will be our maiden voyage on her - we went on the Dream in May as a group and the four of us will be on her again in October.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #103
HappyontheLake
One cruise down, next one in March 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
Same for us -- I am not paying the same or more for a shorter cruise, that doesn't go to CC or Key West. Plus, with the Aquaduck I don't have to worry about my younger girls being entertained or overrun in the pool.

We had also considered switching to a med cruise but with those prices I don't think so.

So y'all are stuck with us! Whether it is all 6 of us or DH and DS decide to do something different and I take my sister as my 2nd grownup -- who knows.

HappyontheLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #104
firegoofy
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone jsut dropping in to say you can add 3 more Canadians to the list myself, DW and DD (12 at time of cruise). To HappyontheLake and MKMommy hopefully the boarding computers are working better this time and we can make a DisMeet, unlike when we were with you guys on the Dream this past March.
Oh yeah we are in room 7682.
firegoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #105
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

The FE List has been updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IknowDoYou? View Post
We would love to join in on the FE list, if that's ok. We've done it every year and it's been a lot of fun for the kids.
Let me know if you want all your staterooms listed participating in the FE.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: