Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #976
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

A chilly, rainy evening here in Orlando as we pack up and prepare to head home to the snow! We have had some wonderful weather, too.

We found the parks surprisingly manageable the last few days, though we did steer clear during Christmas week, and New Year's Eve. Now we just have to get settled back at home, de-decorate (as Silverfox so beautifully put it) and start planning for the cruise!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #977
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
A chilly, rainy evening here in Orlando as we pack up and prepare to head home to the snow! We have had some wonderful weather, too.

We found the parks surprisingly manageable the last few days, though we did steer clear during Christmas week, and New Year's Eve. Now we just have to get settled back at home, de-decorate (as Silverfox so beautifully put it) and start planning for the cruise!
Safe Travels on your trip home!

Yes, it has been a pretty gloomy day in Florida.

So glad you had some good days in the parks.
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #978
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:

Safe travels home

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #979
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

Quote:

Oh,you've miss some snow, that's for sure! Glad you had a nice sunny time. It's always good to go from one vacation to the next. It eases the withdrawal pains.

Safe travels!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #980
DLM0217
Earning My Ears

That sounds great!! Thank you! We can't wait to go!
DLM0217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #981
DLM0217
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Goofy's View Post
Welcome! There will be so much fun for the two of you! Maybe all the character meets and family dancing? We loved that.
Thank you so much! That sounds like fun!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #982
DLM0217
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGLETSMOMMA View Post
EVERYTHING is awesome to do on the ship! No joke! I assume they still have this, but make sure you do some of the family playtimes(parents with child) at the Oceanear Club or even in Flounder's Reef. Is he potty trained? That determines some of the Oceanear Club options.
He. Is potty trained so I will have to look into that!!! Thank you so much for your input!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #983
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards
...are we leaving ? when? how many more days?
Every post is like opening a new present.

Hi folks, I was hoping that someone can confirm the number of staterooms participating in the FE, currently in process of purchasing the material I require to create them. Thanks in advance. Also, I there a cruise meet? Thanks again

March 2014 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
March 2013 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
August 2011 - Walt Disney World - CSR
March 2007 - WDW 2 days- POR...attending party!!
March 2005 - Western Disney Magic
March 2004 - Land & Sea-POR & Disney Wonder
May 2003 - Western Disney Magic
May 2001 - Walt Disney World

Vivig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #984
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Spent the evening watching basketball, football and working on my FE gifts.

I too was looking for a confirmation of FE participants so I can figure out how many items to make.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #985
azapach
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

We REALLY want to participate in the fish extender for the Fantasy March 9th cruise. If anyone has started one and we can join in that would be great!!! This cruise we are platinum members and we would really like to shake it up and surprise our kiddos. Thanks a bunch!
azapach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #986
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Please Confirm FE Participation

If you have signed up to participate in the FE please review the list and please send me a PM confirming that your information is correct and that you still plan on participating. I would like to know either way so I can make sure the list is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azapach View Post
We REALLY want to participate in the fish extender for the Fantasy March 9th cruise. If anyone has started one and we can join in that would be great!!! This cruise we are platinum members and we would really like to shake it up and surprise our kiddos. Thanks a bunch!
I added you to the list, but I did not know the specifics.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #987
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Thanks all -- we made it safely home, though we brought back two seriously nasty Disney bugs with us. DD caught a bad stomach virus mid-week, and then DH fell victim on Saturday as we travelled back.

He had his hair cut in the Magic Kingdom barbershop on Saturday morning, and even sprang for pixie dust in his hair, so he was the perfect study in contrast: cheerful hairdo, and miserable countenance!

And I must say that after getting everything settled here at home, I now remember why I enjoy cruise vacations so much: no grocery shopping, no traffic jams, no laundry, no cleaning, no cooking. And that was just on our last vacation!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #988
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

Quote:
Thanks all -- we made it safely home, though we brought back two seriously nasty Disney bugs with us. DD caught a bad stomach virus mid-week, and then DH fell victim on Saturday as we travelled back.

He had his hair cut in the Magic Kingdom barbershop on Saturday morning, and even sprang for pixie dust in his hair, so he was the perfect study in contrast: cheerful hairdo, and miserable countenance!

And I must say that after getting everything settled here at home, I now remember why I enjoy cruise vacations so much: no grocery shopping, no traffic jams, no laundry, no cleaning, no cooking. And that was just on our last vacation!
Oh yuck! The flu has been ripping through families. I've had 2 down too, but not me - yet! At least they got it all done now before the cruise. I'd love to see a picture of your dh all decked out in pixie dust. What a good sport!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #989
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Woo hoo!! Only 60 days everyone 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #990
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer

Was just thinking the same thing!! We got our stuff this weekend to make our FE. Should be interesting (and fun)!! Can't decide when to start my countdown for my 7 yr old. She is soooo anxious!!

Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: