Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #76
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacjam View Post
We are booked as well. I hope I picked the right week. It will be DH, and DS(8) and me. We've been on the Wonder and Dream but this will be our first 7 night Disney cruise. We're from Texas also. I started with an inside but moved us up to a 7A on deck 7. We've never done the FE but I'm looking forward to it.
Welcome to the group!

7 night cruises are awesome....time to relax and enjoy the ship....

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #77
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Quote:
We are booked as well. I hope I picked the right week. It will be DH, and DS(8) and me. We've been on the Wonder and Dream but this will be our first 7 night Disney cruise. We're from Texas also. I started with an inside but moved us up to a 7A on deck 7. We've never done the FE but I'm looking forward to it.
Welcome! Send me a PM with your family info and I will get you added to the FE List

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #78
dacjam
Earning My Ears

I need another post before I can use PM. Maybe I have enough now. I'll try again.
dacjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #79
ssanders79

Quote:
I need another post before I can use PM. Maybe I have enough now. I'll try again.
The FE List has been updated.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #80
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Happy New Year Everyone. It has been an exhausting few weeks, could really use a cruise right now! In the last 7 weeks, I have made 2 trips to WDW, 2 trips from Houston to Dallas, and one trip from Houston to Jackson, MS (actually just a bit north) which included getting an offer in an a house under construction. That in itself is mentally exhausting being so far away. Wish I could just jump in the car to check on progress but I can't.

But whew, we're home for at least the next few weeks and I can finally put the suitcases up! We'll be heading back up to Dallas for spring break and Jackson again in late Feb/early March, but I'm just glad to be home for now. Oh yeah, and i have to get our house ready to list! But at least all this is making the time go by fast :-)

Was just informed today that it looks like some friends will be joining us on this cruise . We met them on our first cruise and hit it off instantly. Their daughter is just a year younger than our DD and they were basically inseparable during the cruise. We've met up with them a couple of times since then and are really looking forward to another week long cruise with them. I will send her this way to check out the thread.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #81
klc1923
Earning My Ears

Count a few more in

I'm excited to book this cruise. We've been on several cruises, been to disney many many times, but this is the first Disney Cruise.

Adults in our cabin. Both of my daughters are in the process of booking rooms for their families too
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #82
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc1923 View Post
I'm excited to book this cruise. We've been on several cruises, been to disney many many times, but this is the first Disney Cruise.

Adults in our cabin. Both of my daughters are in the process of booking rooms for their families too
Hi Karen! I saw your post on the main board about picking a cabin...glad it all worked out.

This should be a fun cruise...San Juan is one of my favourite places to visit.

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #83
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

And I'm the friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Was just informed today that it looks like some friends will be joining us on this cruise . We met them on our first cruise and hit it off instantly. Their daughter is just a year younger than our DD and they were basically inseparable during the cruise. We've met up with them a couple of times since then and are really looking forward to another week long cruise with them. I will send her this way to check out the thread.
Was just hankering to start planning something for 2013 and Carmen said she was cruising for the March birthdays. My daughter will turn 13 on the 21st so shortly after the cruise. We have both an 11A and 5B booked but think we will try to keep the verandah!

We are myself, Fluvanna, DH (Jerry) and dd. We're not telling her yet since cruise is surprise for Carmen's kids. We've always done inside cabins. Just did our 3rd Disney cruise on the Dream in October for my dh's 50th birthday. Loved the Dream but 4 nights too short. Have done both eastern and western on the Magic. I have been to San Juan before (2005 or 6??) My dad had a temp assignment down there and went to stay for a week and did the tourist thing with my mom. Old Town was pretty neat.

Look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Fluvanna

Disney Magic Eastern December 5-12, 2009

Disney Dream Bahamas October 23-27, 2011

Disney Fantasy Eastern B March 9-16, 2013
fluvannaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #84
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluvannaj View Post
Was just hankering to start planning something for 2013 and Carmen said she was cruising for the March birthdays. My daughter will turn 13 on the 21st so shortly after the cruise. We have both an 11A and 5B booked but think we will try to keep the verandah!

We are myself, Fluvanna, DH (Jerry) and dd. We're not telling her yet since cruise is surprise for Carmen's kids. We've always done inside cabins. Just did our 3rd Disney cruise on the Dream in October for my dh's 50th birthday. Loved the Dream but 4 nights too short. Have done both eastern and western on the Magic. I have been to San Juan before (2005 or 6??) My dad had a temp assignment down there and went to stay for a week and did the tourist thing with my mom. Old Town was pretty neat.

Fluvanna
So glad y'all are joining us! This is going to be a double surprise for Haley. She will be so happy to cruise with Jessica again! I so hope I can keep everything a secret. Thanks for helping me out
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #85
ssanders79

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluvannaj View Post

Fluvanna
Welcome! The FE List has been updated.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #86
carmie3377

We have some more friends that hope to join us! We met them too on our first cruise. A few of us had arranged here on the dis to sit together at dinner because we all had daughters within 2 years of each other. Out of the 4 groups, there were 5 daughters, 1 son. Little did we know at the time that 5 of them (and maybe even the 6th, can't remember) all have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other! Everyone got along great and the girls all had a great time hanging out with one another!

Anyway, now Ellen and her daughter are hoping to join us and Fluvanna's family! We are hoping to get the other family onboard too! However, they have since added a new addition to their family and I believe that they are wanting him to be a bit bigger when they cruise.

That brings a question: We all sat at one table that accommodated 14 people. If we can get all 4 of the families back together, do they have tables that big on the Dream/Fantasy?

It's gonna be one big birthday party! 4 kids AND 3 moms that have birthdays very close too!!!
celebrating

Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #87
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
It's gonna be one big birthday party! 4 kids AND 3 moms that have birthdays very close too!!!
celebrating
Add us into the party - my birthday is March 11th and DD's is March 19th

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #88
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Add us into the party - my birthday is March 11th and DD's is March 19th
We may have to have one big party on board! Lots of March bdays on this cruise.

If anyone was waitlisted for main dining, you may want to check. Ours went through

Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #89
amyngary
Mouseketeer

I hope we can come too

Hello,
Carmie's 3rd friend here. I am working on DH to join this trip. We are the ones with the new addition. However, Carmie just reminded me that we can use Flounder's Nursery for a small fee (less $$ than we currently pay), so now I'm really trying to talk DH into it. I also have to make sure that isn't the week they do MAP testing at our schools.

I plan to go ahead and book something soon (I'll be moving an existing cruise booking to that date) and hope we can really make this happen.... I hope we can get our combined table again.

Our DD (Julia) will turn 13 onboard, or DS (Owen) will have just turned 2, and I won't tell you what birthday I (Amy) will have just celebrated :-) The rest of my family is DH Gary and DD Olivia.

Hopefully we will get to meet you all.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #90
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyngary View Post
Hello,
Carmie's 3rd friend here. I am working on DH to join this trip. We are the ones with the new addition. However, Carmie just reminded me that we can use Flounder's Nursery for a small fee (less $$ than we currently pay), so now I'm really trying to talk DH into it. I also have to make sure that isn't the week they do MAP testing at our schools.

I plan to go ahead and book something soon (I'll be moving an existing cruise booking to that date) and hope we can really make this happen.... I hope we can get our combined table again.

Our DD (Julia) will turn 13 onboard, or DS (Owen) will have just turned 2, and I won't tell you what birthday I (Amy) will have just celebrated :-) The rest of my family is DH Gary and DD Olivia.

Hopefully we will get to meet you all.
This is Fantastic! I knew we all wanted a reunion cruise at some point and I'm so happy that it's coming together. Hopefully the MAP testing will not be that week. Keeping my fingers crossed

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: