Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #616
sbag
Mouseketeer

Thanks to Silverfox for pointing this thread out to me!

I just booked this cruise a few days ago. The kids are super excited, as am I! We are a family of 4, DD is 6 and DS will be 8. This is our second ever cruise, first one was a 7-day Western Caribiean on Disney Magic 3 years ago, which I still rave about. We booked a Cat 4C.
sbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #617
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbag View Post

I just booked this cruise a few days ago. The kids are super excited, as am I! We are a family of 4, DD is 6 and DS will be 8. This is our second ever cruise, first one was a 7-day Western Caribiean on Disney Magic 3 years ago, which I still rave about. We booked a Cat 4C.
Welcome!!!
Yeah! Another playmate for my daughter. She just turned 7 last month. We are considering the Western for our next cruise. I will be anxious to hear your comparison.

Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #618
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1967 View Post
Ok...I'm not going to mess with it for this cruise, but am going to start searching for a TA to transfer the dummy one I will book in March. How soon after I book my dummy cruise do I transfer it to a TA?
If you are going to use a TA you are better off naming them when you book it onboard. They will ask (or if you fill out the form there is a spot for it) if you want to name a TA. Most TA's will give you more for a new booking than a transferred booking because they get more commission for a new booking.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #619
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
If you are going to use a TA you are better off naming them when you book it onboard. They will ask (or if you fill out the form there is a spot for it) if you want to name a TA. Most TA's will give you more for a new booking than a transferred booking because they get more commission for a new booking.
OK...Thanks! I am learning so much these days on the DISboards!!!

Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #620
Meredith71
Mouseketeer

So excited! Just checked Southwest for return flights and fares were lower. I was waiting for lower fares and better times to return to Dallas on Sunday, March 17 and the perfect time was up with fares $33.00 per person lower. Jumped on that Now I just need to book a hotel for arrival night and rental cars.

We are still up in the air about the zip lining. I think my husband wants to do something different. We have zip lined 3 times before. I noticed the Oct. 9 deadline and will let whoever know by that date.
Meredith71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #621
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbag View Post

Welcome!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #622
CruisingSwedes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula
So BF is the world's pickiest eater and will find nothing he wants to eat at Remy. As I am dying to do Remy, he is encouraging me to go alone. I have travelled by myself a bunch and have no problem doing this, however, my next thought was to come here and see if anyone would be interested in dining with me for whatever reason? Maybe your DH is the world's second pickiest eater, or maybe you just want some time to yourself?
I would love to join you for either lunch or dinner! I was so happy to see your post as I've really wanted to go to Remy since I first read about it. ! I'm traveling with my five-year-old daughter so I figured it would be impossible for me to go as I didn't want to go alone.

I think I prefer dinner as that seems to be their specialty. I could do lunch of course or both LOL :-)
CruisingSwedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #623
HAPPY-AT-DISNEY
Mouseketeer

Remy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSwedes View Post
I would love to join you for either lunch or dinner! I was so happy to see your post as I've really wanted to go to Remy since I first read about it. ! I'm traveling with my five-year-old daughter so I figured it would be impossible for me to go as I didn't want to go alone.

I think I prefer dinner as that seems to be their specialty. I could do lunch of course or both LOL :-)
I usually do a brunch or dinner at Palo, I wondered if there is anywhere we can see a menue for Remy?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #624
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

so anyone staying at a disney resort before cruise, discounts are coming! Hoping to get the room only discount for our stay at the poly, even though its only for 2 nights it can save a fair amount by my calculations. Will have to wait until the 10th when its released to the general public to see whether or not we can use it for both nights the 7th and 8th or just the 1 night, but any discount is good news! For those with a disney visa you can book the discounts now, hope it helps out fellow cruisers!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #625
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
so anyone staying at a disney resort before cruise, discounts are coming! Hoping to get the room only discount for our stay at the poly, even though its only for 2 nights it can save a fair amount by my calculations. Will have to wait until the 10th when its released to the general public to see whether or not we can use it for both nights the 7th and 8th or just the 1 night, but any discount is good news! For those with a disney visa you can book the discounts now, hope it helps out fellow cruisers!
This is good news. Thanks for sharing! You don't have a disney visa, do you? Its not available in Canada, right?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #626
boundfordisney

no I dont have the visa , and from what I read on the discount forum it will be released to the general pubic on the 10th of October for all to use. Anyone with the visa can book it now though. Guess that is why the disney system will be down , setting up the new offers I think.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #627
boundfordisney

forgot to say no I dont think we canadians can get the disney visa, but someone else on the boards may be able to answer for sure.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #628
JenSwart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
I called this morning and was told all the dates of your stay had to fall within those dates (only through 3/7) I even asked about separate reservations to get the discount on the days we are there, and was told I couldn't do that?!?
Disney Fantasy 3/2013
JenSwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #629
boundfordisney

wow When I had a room only offer once before I was able to use it then had to pay the non discounted rate on days it wasnt avail. on. so does that mean that if someone were to book a room only for say march 1st to the 7th then later deceided that they would like to add another day or two, they would lose out on the room only offer? Doesnt seem right to me if that were the case, quess this offer may not do me much good but Im sure it will work for some other lucky dissers!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #630
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

I agree that sounds weird. I need 3 nights Mar 6-8, and I might just book for the 6th and 7th first, and then add the last night. So many times with disney, it all depends on which CM you talk to. Thanks for mentioning the discount. It wasn't on my radar yet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: