Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #16
dilligaf212
Mouseketeer

139 more days I am looking forward to doing rope drop at MK.. I have never been to a rope drop. We have plenty of character meals so I know we won't have a prolem with getting pics with the characters.. I can't wait for splash mountain. That was one ride we didn't get to do this past Feb.I am pretty bummed that BTMRR will be closed .. Kaden won't be tall enough for some of the rides so I will stay back with him and Myra and Casey will be able to do those rides.

We do still have one table service meal available should we use it at the 50's diner??

dilligaf212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Hi! I came over to see you after dilligaf212 visited me! I was reading through your list of to-dos! They look great. It reminds me of how much there is to do at Disneyworld. Some of the things on your list we wouldn't ever do, just cause they don't interest us. And yet I see lists that don't have things that we like because they don't interest that particular group. I think one of my favorite things about Disney is that it doesn't matter how old you are, boy or girl, or what your interests are there is something for everyone.

I do think it is a bummer that BTMRR is going to be closed. I know I always cross my fingers hoping that all of the kids favorite rides are going to be open. I'll probably come back at 2 am and give you my 2 cents worth on all your plans. (Although, my brain doesn't always fire on all cylinders at that hour, even though, that's when I'm at work so read with caution!!!)
ASMu 2009

Last edited by MK2010; 10-20-2011 at 05:10 PM.
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #18
CaseFace5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
Hi! I came over to see you after dilligaf212 visited me! I was reading through your list of to-dos! They look great. It reminds me of how much there is to do at Disneyworld. Some of the things on your list we wouldn't ever do, just cause they don't interest us. And yet I see lists that don't have things that we like because they don't interest that particular group. I think one of my favorite things about Disney is that it doesn't matter how old you are, boy or girl, or what your interests are there is something for everyone.

I do think it is a bummer that BTMRR is going to be closed. I know I always cross my fingers hoping that all of the kids favorite rides are going to be open. I'll probably come back at 2 am and give you my 2 cents worth on all your plans. (Although, my brain doesn't always fire on all cylinders at that hour, even though, that's when I'm at work so read with caution!!!)
Thanks for joining in! I also love how there is so much to do at Disney for both children and adults. I can not wait to go back! I should be updating again soo, I already know some changes that need to be made. I'll also pop over and keep up with yours!
CaseFace5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm in! We'll be there around the same time (4-9). Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #20
CaseFace5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Hi! I'm in! We'll be there around the same time (4-9). Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Hey there!

Thanks for joining in! I peeked at your PTR too, and I will be going back to subscribe in a bit! Can't wait to hear you plans as well since we will be overlapping.

Oh and I have very exciting news!
Just waiting on the pics to get emailed to me and I will be back with the news!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #21
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseFace5 View Post
Okay so here is my list of things that I want to do while in Disney. This list is subject to grow!

General:
Make rope drop at a park, probably MK.
Get to every park
Get pictures with the pooh characters
Get pictures with main Mickey characters
Get other autographs from favorites
Go to Down Town Disney

Magic Kingdom:
Take a picture with Casey on Main St.
Rides:
-Buzz Space Ranger Spin
-People Mover
-Space Mountain
-Splash Mountain
-IASM (closed every time I go.. really hoping itís not this time around)
That's a shame! I made my family ride this last time 'cause I think everyone should at least once. It probably won't make our to-do list for the whole group this next time. It'll probably just be me and my Mom while everyone else rides Space Mtn. or something. (I've gotten to olde for that ride. It kills me.)
-Pirates
-Jungle Cruise
We rode this last time. I was not impressed especially after Kilimanjaro Safari. But I haven't been over to Tom Sawyer Island and Iw ould love it if we could fit that in.
-Haunted Mansion
-Mad Tea Party
-Speedway
-Carousel of Progress
I'm so glad to see this on your list. It's one of my favorites.)
Stitches Great Escape
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
We didn't do either one of these last time and I really feel like we probably missed out. Especially on Monsters Inc. Those are definitely going on our to-do list.
Wishes

I noticed that you didn't really have any Fantasyland rides like Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, or Cinderella's Golden Carousel. May I ask why not? Is it a lack of interest or time? Just curious.

Epcot:
Drinking around the world (first on the list, obviously haha.)
Rides:
-Spaceship Earth
This is another one we haven't done that I want on our to-do list.
- Ellenís energy adventure
-Mission Space
-Test Track
-Soariní
-Living with the Land
Nemo
Turtle Talk
Illuminations
Will you do Innoventions or Captain EO? I want to try both of those. I may try to ride Journey into the Imagination by myself, but probably skip the Kodak Color Lab.

Animal Kingdom:
Rides:
-Kilimanjaro Safari
-Kali River Rapids
I would love to ride this, but its usually closed since we go in the winter.
-Expedition Everest
-Dinosaur
Tree of life- Itís a bugís life show
Finding Nemo the musical
Lion King Musical
I can't wait to add all of these to our list this time! I noticed you aren't doing Maharajah Jungle Trek, Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, or Flights of Wonder. I've done the first two. I'm kinda meh about them for the next trip. I've never done Flights of Wonder and see mixed reviews about it. Did other peoples reviews influence your decision while you were planning? Or have you just been there done that and this is what we have time to do this time?

Hollywood Studios:
Rides:
-Great Movie Ride
I think we're going to skip this. My Mom and Dad may ride it. I don't think my kids would "get" it. and it takes up a lot of time.
-Star Tours
This is a must do for ust to. With three boys in the house we'll probably be adding in Jedi Training Academy too!
-Back lot Tour
I might send the guys on this on this trip while the girls do the Beauty and the Beast show. Does it take a lot of time?
-Toy Story Mania
-Rockiní Rollercoaster
American Idol Experience
Is this good if you can't sing?
Indiana Jones Stunt show
Muppets 3D
Lights, Motors, Action Show
Pizza Planet
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast live on stage
Fantasmic
Do you think Fantasmic is a must see every time you go?

Thatís it for now. Iím sure I will be adding more. If there is something you think Iíve forgotten, please let me know!

Just a little of my opinion! Lol! I think it all looks great. Anytime at Disney is destined to be GREAT!
ASMu 2009
Old 10-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #22
CaseFace5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just a little of my opinion! Lol! I think it all looks great. Anytime at Disney is destined to be GREAT!
Thanks for the input, everything is greatly appreciated!

As for some of your questions:
Fantasyland- IDK how I missed those rides! I definately want to do Dumbo, Peter Pan, and the Philharmagic. I just wrote up the list real quick and must have completely forgot!

As for Innoventions and Captain EO, I'm not sure what they are? Same goes for the Jungle Trek, Forest Exploration and Flights of wonder. I haven't been to Disney longer than two days in years. The last time I went was 10 years ago! I just did the really memorable rides this last time that we went, and it wasn't very long so we just flew through.

The backlot tour was fun. I think it last a total of 20-30 minutes. The American Idol experience, I just want to go to watch, I'm not a singer by any means! But In the car I sound a lot like Mariah Carey!

And Fantasmic, I haven't seen it in SO long, that I really want to see it this time. Last time we went we left the park to head home at about 4-5 so we didn't see any late shows at DHS.

I think that was everything! Thanks again for joining and adding input, all is appreciated!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #23
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseFace5 View Post
Thanks for the input, everything is greatly appreciated!

As for some of your questions:
Fantasyland- IDK how I missed those rides! I definately want to do Dumbo, Peter Pan, and the Philharmagic. I just wrote up the list real quick and must have completely forgot!

As for Innoventions and Captain EO, I'm not sure what they are? Same goes for the Jungle Trek, Forest Exploration and Flights of wonder. I haven't been to Disney longer than two days in years. The last time I went was 10 years ago! I just did the really memorable rides this last time that we went, and it wasn't very long so we just flew through.
Jumping in ...

Innoventions is awesome! There's two pavillions with lotsa neat stuff in them -- science and stuff by nature. www.innoventions.disney.com has current information on what's going on in Innoventions. Lots of hands on exhibits, like The Great Piggy Bank Adventure (learn about financial planning with an adorable piggy bank to carry around). There's a fire safety exhibit and lotsa other stuff. We loved the wind one -- there was a show that talked about how much damage wind can do, things to prepare for high winds, etc. I try to plan for about 1-2 hours for Innoventions to explore all it has to offer.

Captain EO is a 3D experience with Michael Jackson in space. It originally ran in like the late 80s / early 90s and made a comeback. It's a 17 minute film. I had never seen it before (as a kid) ... it was okay. I saw it with DH and 2 of our friends (along with the kids) and we watched it kind of MST3K style ... which made it pretty entertaining. Overall, it's something to see once, but I wouldn't recommend seeing it each visit. (We won't see it again this year.) I know some people love it, others hate it, and some are in the middle. Some have memories of seeing it when they were younger, and it relives those memories for them.

Maharajah Jungle Trek (Asian animals / rainforest creatures) was a lot of fun! It's a walking tour (zoo-like) to see animals. There's usually CMs along the way who are talking about the animals (sometimes with an animal out for closer viewing). Same with Pangani Forest Trail (African animals). They both host different sceneries and animals -- so different experiences. Worth seeing, in my opinion!

Flights of Wonder is a bird show. I've heard good reviews, but it doesn't interest me at all. I'm not big into birds, and I have a fear of one of the show birds flying over me and ... well ... maybe it had a large lunch. They have trained birds that will fly over the audience and such (unless the show has changed). If you're a bird lover, then its a must-see! I truly hear the show is great, but its not an interest for my family.

Quote:
The backlot tour was fun. I think it last a total of 20-30 minutes. The American Idol experience, I just want to go to watch, I'm not a singer by any means! But In the car I sound a lot like Mariah Carey!

And Fantasmic, I haven't seen it in SO long, that I really want to see it this time. Last time we went we left the park to head home at about 4-5 so we didn't see any late shows at DHS.

I think that was everything! Thanks again for joining and adding input, all is appreciated!
I love Backlot tour. We see it every year. I love looking at all the items, and was sad to see they moved the Flight of the Navigator spaceship further out last time. (It was one of my favorite movies, so its therefore, one of my favorite movie props.)

Fantasmic is amazing! I saw it for the first time last year, and hoping to convince DH to let me see it again on our next trip.

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #24
MK2010
Mouseketeer

I love Flight of the Navigator also!!!
ASMu 2009
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #25
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love Flight of the Navigator also!!!
Every year I take a picture of the prop on the Backlot Tour.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #26
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
I love Backlot tour. We see it every year. I love looking at all the items, and was sad to see they moved the Flight of the Navigator spaceship further out last time. (It was one of my favorite movies, so its therefore, one of my favorite movie props.)

Fantasmic is amazing! I saw it for the first time last year, and hoping to convince DH to let me see it again on our next trip.
We have not done the Backlot tour yet... such a shame, because I've always wanted to. This trip, for sure.

I agree about F! too... such a great show! We plan on doing it again, for sure.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #27
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
We have not done the Backlot tour yet... such a shame, because I've always wanted to. This trip, for sure.

D~
You *have* to do Backlot. It's one of the few rides my Disney-despising DH even asks for! "We are doing Backlot again, right?" "Yes, honey." "Oh good. I was afraid you'd skip it this year."

Old 10-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #28
CaseFace5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

D~
Quote:
You *have* to do Backlot. It's one of the few rides my Disney-despising DH even asks for! "We are doing Backlot again, right?" "Yes, honey." "Oh good. I was afraid you'd skip it this year."
I agree that the Backlot tour is a MUST! I dragged BF on it last year because it was one of the many rides that I remember from my childhood and I wanted to experience it again. The whole thing is cool to me!

Okay, since DILLIGAF didn't remember to do me a favor yesterday, I went and copied the links myself. So I'm off to write my really exciting news!!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #29
CaseFace5
Mouseketeer

So this past weekend something VERY exciting happened. If you remember from my intro post, I said that most of my time is taken up by the cheerleading team that I coach. So this weekend we had our league competition. OUR TEAM CAME IN FIRST PLACE!!

What this means is that we now move on to the next step which is qualifiers. It is held two hours away and we are getting hotel rooms for us to all stay over as a team! This is going to be so much fun, and I couldnít be more proud of my girls. If we do well at this competition, we move onto Regionalís which is the same as states, and if we do well there, we get to go to DISNEY WORLD! So we have to do well at the next two competitions so that we can move on and go to the World! Crossing our fingers!

So here are some pictures of me and the girls from this past weekend.

This is me with my team before we actually competed. I have ten girls total and they all range in age from 11-13.

This is right after we won. The boy in the front is my student demonstrator and basically an assistant. I had to make this my background on my computer. I just LOVE the girls faces in this picture!!

This is both teams with all the coaches. The younger team got second place in their division, which means that they are moving on also. We are all so proud of our girls and can't wait to move on!

Please send all thoughts our way, so that we can do well and maybe even make it to Disney!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #30
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

This is so awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
family fun, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: