Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How Long Do You Stay?
Less than a week... 44 7.09%
1 week! 267 43.00%
2 weeks! 252 40.58%
3 weeks! 39 6.28%
4 weeks or more! 19 3.06%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #61
lovealatte
DIS Veteran

Well I've been working and living here for almost 5 months.. but aside from that, longest vacation was probably 10 days and shortest 4 days.

PS, whoever said "I only get 5 weeks of vacation a year!" I would kill for that amount of vacation time. My mother gets 2 weeks of vacation time if she's lucky.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #62
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

We have done a couple of 2 week stays. This August (2012) we will be embarking on what I refer to as our "Florida vacation extravaganza". It won't all be in Disney, so I guess I can't count it all for this poll though. We have reservations for 1 week in an AKL 1 bdr (hoping to change this to a 1 BDR at OKW 7 months out because we have never stayed there), Followed by 5 nights onsite at Universal at the Hard Rock Hotel (we have never stayed onsite here and haven't gone to Universal since the kids were 3 & 5 -they will be 15 & 17 for this trip), and rounded out by 7 nights at AKL in a 2 BDR. We will drive down from Maine and take 2 or 3 days each way. Hopiong to mix in some good stops up and down. One year we stayed in NY city for a night and another we stayed beachside at Daytona beach (made for a short trip on arrival day).

This will be our last trip before our oldest starts his senior year of high school, the time has flown by and we hope to make many great memories. No matter how long your trips are enjoy them to their fullest, before you know it your little ones won't be so little anymore! Okay now I am feeling nostalgic and need to go pull out some old pics. It is hard to believe my boys were ever that small! It seems so long ago and just like yesterday all at the same time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #63
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

The longest we've stayed is a week, as neither of our jobs really allow for more than one week to be taken at a given time. Which is why we are looking into DVC, so we can increase the number of times we visit per year, even if we can't increase the length of our stay!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #64
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

We typically do 10 days per year. Two years ago we did 10 days and three weeks later we did another 2 weeks--not planned; the second trip was a freebie. I do have to say 3 weeks in Disney in that short of a time span, really is where we hit the Disney wall. I would, however, like to go for a summer (at least a month or two) and stay offsite and do lots of other central FL things while doing quite a bit of Disney, too.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #65
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

5 months but I was disney intern. Best time of my life! I interned there 2 years in a row
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #66
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Awesome!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #67
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

this past summer, over the course of the summer I stayed a total of 6 weeks... 4 consecutive though..
I live in FL, and work for my local school district. I am off all summer long.. I got great deals thru E-Bay for timeshare condo's.. I did not stay onsite... and did priceline and hotwire as well for fill in's. That was the only way I was able to afford such a long stay. Doing the condo's also gave me the opportunity to cook, as well as do the laundry....
Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #68
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Our trips always start out as 1 week, sometimes less, but by the time we are getting on that plane, it is never shorter than 10 days. LOL We just keep adding, changing air tickets(thank you, southwest ). We typically stay for 2 weeks, 14 days. If you count traveling days, it's 16...but I *never* count travel days. These days, my dh doesn't even ask how long we are staying. He says, "I know how it works." Heehee. We usually go in April and October. This Nov/Dec will be a first for us.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #69
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

Shortest stay: 3 nights.
Longest stay: 14 nights.

Average: 6 nights.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #70
kydisneymom
Mouseketeer

We usually stay 10 days, but this yr. because of Free Dining we extended it to 14. It was so nice to be able to pace ourselves but that opportunity will probably never come around again. 10 day trip is already booked for next year
kydisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #71
MouseEarsForAll

Wow...more than a month at Disney, we have some devoted DISers!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 10-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #72
TxCat25
Earning My Ears

I have what may sound like a foolish question. Do all of you who stay 10+ days have annual passes? We have 10 days scheduled for November and decided to add 2 more. There is room at our hotel but then 3 different CM's told me I would not be allowed to purchase park tickets for more than 10 days and should get an AP for the additional two. What am I missing? I'm not sure we will be returning within a year to use AP's again before they expire.
TxCat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #73
MouseEarsForAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCat25 View Post
I have what may sound like a foolish question. Do all of you who stay 10+ days have annual passes? We have 10 days scheduled for November and decided to add 2 more. There is room at our hotel but then 3 different CM's told me I would not be allowed to purchase park tickets for more than 10 days and should get an AP for the additional two. What am I missing? I'm not sure we will be returning within a year to use AP's again before they expire.
Bump, so your question can be answered.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #74
ColinA
DIS Veteran

35 nights and 65 ADR's
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #75
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCat25 View Post
I have an annual pass to Disney and Universal (am I allowed to say Universal without being bashed for going to the Dark Side ) In addition to my long stay over the summer (s) I also go every long weekend that we have off from school. I go on an average of every 4-6 weeks for a long weekend throughout the remainder of the year, as well as at least a week @ Christmas and Easter break... I do get my money's worth out of my AP's for both places...

Tags
days, how long, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: