Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #1471
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday to Charlotte! I does seem like yesterday that you were posting about her birth. Time flies!! Very cute scrapbook page...doesn't hurt that you have a very cute subject!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #1472
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Isn't she just adorable - she has the most beautiful eyes

Can't believe it's already been a year . . .

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #1473
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Baby Charlotte

Lauren,

Thanks so much for sharing Charlotte 'a photos. She is indeed beautiful. I cannot believe she's a year old. I must be getting old. Time is just flying by.

It took me two days to reply because I had to find my password. I had just a little help with that.

How is all else going with you? I miss everybody.
Love
Cathie
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #1474
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Ciao Amici

Just wanted to let you know that the HGTV - House Hunters International in Orvieto is re-airing tonight @ 11:30pm

Since I missed it the first time around, I have been waiting for it to be on again

Dino and I both fell in love with that hilltop town
Rome, Florence & Venice too

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett

Last edited by corky441; 10-25-2013 at 09:10 PM.
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #1475
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

I loved the entire trip, event the hilltop prison, but Orvieto was just perfect in every way. Unless you're the pageant dove, in which case it's traumatic and upsetting.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #1476
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
I loved the entire trip, event the hilltop prison, but Orvieto was just perfect in every way. Unless you're the pageant dove, in which case it's traumatic and upsetting.
I guess we should be glad that the dove wasn't attacked by a seagull or crow like the poor things at St Peter's yesterday. . That was freaky!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #1477
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Pete Seeger

Heather,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. He was an amazing man. I know you have wonderful memories.

How is your Mom doing these days?
Cathie
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #1478
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Heather,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. He was an amazing man. I know you have wonderful memories.

How is your Mom doing these days?
Cathie
Hello dear!

Thank you for your thoughts. I am alternately sad and then trying to remember that he is quite busy chopping wood and teaching everyone in the angel band new four part harmonies, things he loved to do.

My mom is settled in Seattle, slowly acclimating to a new place. She's very brave! We had kind of a rough run just now. I flew to Orlando for a meeting early on the 17th, and my mom had to be admitted to the hospital late that night with a Noro Virus that went through her independent living place. I promptly came down with the flu (despite being vaccinated last fall ) and so we decided I would stay put (I was afraid to expose her to my flu and give her something else to deal with) and manage from afar. My best friend helped out a lot, but it was stressful to be so far away. Of course one of the big reasons to have her near me was so that she wouldn't be alone if she was in the hospital. The timing was diabolical. I am home now and she will be ready to come home day after tomorrow so we are getting back on track.

I hope you are having a good winter. Do you have any travel plans?
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #1479
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Heather,

I wish I could have seen him perform in person. He certainly changed a lot of lives.

I'm sorry to hear that your Mother was so ill. The Noro Virus is an insidious illness. I'd say you did what you intended having her near you. You just had a trusted stand-in take your place. I'm glad she agreed to move. I'm sure she's getting better and more personal care now. The flu is really nasty. I'm pretty sure that my sister was at the same meeting. I think she has come down with a nasty upper respiratory infection each year she's attended.

We were in Orlando for Disapalooza. That was great fun. We saw dear friends- caught up since the trip, etc. I wish we'd seen you too. I'm sure we 'll go to Denver sometime next summer. We're still deciding what else to do. I'm dying to back to Europe. What are your plans?

Take care
Old 02-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #1480
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYDREAMER View Post
My pottery has arrived and after seeing the bill for duty and taxes I am sort of regretting buying so much!!!
Tracey....is that YOU???

I still LOVE the Large Vase we bought and shipped from Orvieto. Talking about another ABD...will let you know when we're ready!
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #1481
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Wow, cannot believe our adventure was almost two years ago...hope everyone is well!

Just to let you know, this Sunday 4/20/14 on The Amazing Race (CBS) the schedule says they will be in Orvieto! They were in Rome last week.

I will watch just to catch a glimpse of one of the highlights of our trip.

Frank
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #1482
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
Wow, cannot believe our adventure was almost two years ago...hope everyone is well!

Just to let you know, this Sunday 4/20/14 on The Amazing Race (CBS) the schedule says they will be in Orvieto! They were in Rome last week.

Frank
Thanks for the Info! We went May 2013 and Orvieto was one of our favorite places!!!!
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #1483
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Frank
Frank

Thanks so much for letting us know. I'm going to try and find last week's episode in Rome too.

I think about that adventure all the time. It was so much fun with the best co- vacationers we could wish for.

By the way, Italy is selling off an island in the Venice lagoon and an unused monastery in the south somewhere to raise money for the country. Wish we could all go in and buy the island ( but I'd take either one, truth be told).

Tell Cathy hi!
Cathie
Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #1484
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Frank

Thanks so much for letting us know. I'm going to try and find last week's episode in Rome too.

I think about that adventure all the time. It was so much fun with the best co- vacationers we could wish for.

By the way, Italy is selling off an island in the Venice lagoon and an unused monastery in the south somewhere to raise money for the country. Wish we could all go in and buy the island ( but I'd take either one, truth be told).

Tell Cathy hi!
Cathie
Agreed - both Venice and Orvieto are my favorites, would love to live in either city.

Orvieto was so quaint and warm, and Venice was a marvel of discovery at every corner.

Best wishes to you and Jack, I am sure our paths will cross someday!
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #1485
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Agreed - both Venice and Orvieto are my favorites, would love to live in either city.

Orvieto was so quaint and warm, and Venice was a marvel of discovery at every corner.

Best wishes to you and Jack, I am sure our paths will cross someday!
I hope it's on an ABD tour.

Another trip to Italy would suit me well. It's such a special place.

Take care,
Cathie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: