Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #1231
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I know that we all love our food. I wanted to share the information about this book that is coming out next month. The author does a good job in selling the book in the trailer.

The Food Traveler's Handbook
Christy

That book looks really interesting. Thanks for the tip.
Cathie
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1232
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,

I'm glad to get my fix of life with Lauren. You did extremely well to hold on as long as you did. Happy anniversary to you and Jeri! Your trip sounds great. The resort is much prettier than I would have guessed. Love the signs. I love Hilton Head. I can totally vacation there. I love the absence of the massing throngs of people plus being able to ride A bike on the beach.

I hope Charlotte has a great visit with Auntie Lauren and Uncle Jeri. New research says that children who are exposed to cats their first year are much less likely to become allergic to cats later on, plus less chance of asthma. Still, I appreciate your worry. She's so little!

Cathie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #1233
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Ceasar

Cathie says we have to go back to see this:
Julius Caesar Stabbing Site Pinpointed In Rome

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1955359.html
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #1234
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Cathie says we have to go back to see this:
Julius Caesar Stabbing Site Pinpointed In Rome

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1955359.html
That's it, get on the plane!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #1235
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
I wish we had done this event. I loved hearing the podcast about it and it sounded like something right up our alley. Did you enjoy it/feel like you got your money's worth? I mean you had to take a plane to be here and stay in a hotel, so it needs to be pretty great!
I apologize for being out of touch. My mom has been having some health issues, and then one of my kitties went into heart failure, so it was a very scary week. Everyone is now stable and at this point it looks like everyone will be ok. I feel a little like I was hit by a truck but am down with my mom (her 81st birthday is Tuesday) and have a great kitty sitter caring for my Simon, so can relax a little bit.

Thanks for sharing the pictures from your anniversary trip. The resort looks wonderful! How lovely (or is it dangerous?) to be close enough to make a quick trip. It sounds like you got a lot of relaxation in a short time.

I do love the content at the D23 events. I vowed not to miss another one after the 40th anniversary event at World last year when Dreamfinder and Figment reunited and sang their song with Richard Sherman at the piano. This 30th Anniversary one day event had some great content, especially the talk by Tony Baxter about the creation of the Imagination Pavilion and the Journey Into Imagination ride. I probably wouldn't have gone all that way for just one day except that it also was Food and Wine and gave me a chance to do the Halloween party and be there for the Epcot anniversary. The two day event at Disneyland in August was incredible. The talks were fantastic, and the concerts by Dick Van Dyke and Alan Mencken were worth the price of admission all by themselves. As Kevin and John mentioned, there are some organizational headaches, but the cool factor of the content wins out for me. A DISer from California posted a thread with a huge amount of detail from the August event: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2972741

Quote:
Ok!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #1236
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear Mom and Simon are doing well! You've certainly had a lot on your plate. Hope you're getting in at least a little slow down time!

I always think about going to a D23 event but then don't do it because just the idea of the lines and all those people defeat me before I get out the door. Maybe what I need is a wingman - or wingwoman, as the case may be.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #1237
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm all for that. Everyone else has to come too.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #1238
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
I apologize for being out of touch. My mom has been having some health issues, and then one of my kitties went into heart failure, so it was a very scary week. Everyone is now stable and at this point it looks like everyone will be ok. I feel a little like I was hit by a truck but am down with my mom (her 81st birthday is Tuesday) and have a great kitty sitter caring for my Simon, so can relax a little bit.

Thanks for sharing the pictures from your anniversary trip. The resort looks wonderful! How lovely (or is it dangerous?) to be close enough to make a quick trip. It sounds like you got a lot of relaxation in a short time.

I do love the content at the D23 events. I vowed not to miss another one after the 40th anniversary event at World last year when Dreamfinder and Figment reunited and sang their song with Richard Sherman at the piano. This 30th Anniversary one day event had some great content, especially the talk by Tony Baxter about the creation of the Imagination Pavilion and the Journey Into Imagination ride. I probably wouldn't have gone all that way for just one day except that it also was Food and Wine and gave me a chance to do the Halloween party and be there for the Epcot anniversary. The two day event at Disneyland in August was incredible. The talks were fantastic, and the concerts by Dick Van Dyke and Alan Mencken were worth the price of admission all by themselves. As Kevin and John mentioned, there are some organizational headaches, but the cool factor of the content wins out for me. A DISer from California posted a thread with a huge amount of detail from the August event: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2972741

Ok!
I'm glad everyone is doing well. Happy birthday to your Mom! I hope she and Simon get better every day.

WDW sounds like a lot of fun. You really packed a lot in while you were there.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #1239
Circusgirl
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Glad to hear Mom and Simon are doing well! You've certainly had a lot on your plate. Hope you're getting in at least a little slow down time!

I always think about going to a D23 event but then don't do it because just the idea of the lines and all those people defeat me before I get out the door. Maybe what I need is a wingman - or wingwoman, as the case may be.
I will happily be there for you anytime.

Last edited by Circusgirl; 10-18-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #1240
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

http://www.everywhereist.com/***-wed...ers-revisited/

This blog made be laugh after all of the bathroom variations I've seen in Europe over the last year.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #1241
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This blog made be laugh after all of the bathroom variations I've seen in Europe over the last year.
I blame my complete lack of accomplishment that happened during today on you and this blog Christy! It's my new favorite. If I had a blog I would want it to be just like this one!

I did pass a pizza place today called Dino's and thought of, well, Dino and Marilee. So today wasn't a total waste.

Also started Christmas shopping. Lookit, I know it's not even Halloween yet, people! I KNOW! But, consider, I have to have everything bought, wrapped and now shipped as my stupid family decided to move away BEFORE we go on 4.0, which is in 50 days. So if you look at it like that, I'm actually a little behind.

It really is hard to get in the mood to Christmas shop when you still break a sweat when you go outside. Which is why I shopped online with the air conditioner turned way down and a sweater on. Just kidding. I've only got the one sweater and I haven't gotten the ladder out to get it down from the top shelf in my closet yet. And that I'm NOT actually kidding about! But I did shop QVC. It's so cheesy, but I love it!

4.0!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #1242
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I blame my complete lack of accomplishment that happened during today on you and this blog Christy! It's my new favorite. If I had a blog I would want it to be just like this one!
I know! It is definitely one of my favorites!! I've developed a lit bit of a travel blog addiction as of late. The Everywhereist was my gateway blog.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #1243
Circusgirl
ALLORA!!!

Quote:

Hilarious! Italy took the prize for wild variations on plumbing options. One of my favorites was in the tiny bathroom of a bar in Venice. The toilet flushed with a pull cord just like the one that made Chatty Cathy talk. Every new bathroom provided a new adventure...

I also killed quite a few hours very pleasantly with the everywhereist and all the places I went to from her blog.

Last edited by Circusgirl; 10-20-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #1244
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone living in the coastal areas are okay. We've been thinking about all of you, plus that scary shooting in Savannah. Did you have any damage?

Has anyone heard from Marilee, Micky, Kathy or Lauren ?
Cathie
Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #1245
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
I hope everyone living in the coastal areas are okay. We've been thinking about all of you, plus that scary shooting in Savannah. Did you have any damage?

Has anyone heard from Marilee, Micky, Kathy or Lauren ?
Cathie
Sadly there's always some scary shooting in Savannah. I'm glad it wasn't us though for sure.

I've seen Micki post on Facebook for donations to the Staten Island Knight of Columbus Chapter, so they must be in good enough shape if they are out helping others. And Marilee posted on my wall after I reposted Micki's thing that she was glad to see they were okay. So Marilee is okay. Kathy, however, I don't know about.

Times like these remind me how uncertain life is and how much more important your friends are.

Last edited by stenogoddess; 11-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: