Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #1171
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
LOVE Pond Life. I have no idea why but Ood on the loo had me cracking up! And we're bringing Marilee into the collective! Jason can't be too far behind!

ood on the loo...

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1172
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

This layout gave me fits. I put a ton of things on and then pulled them off and then moved them around. I still don't love it, but hopefully it will grow on me. Sadly that bring us to the end of our Venice adventure and it's back to Rome. I have a couple of layouts left to do of Rome that simply would not come together, so it's time for them to behave themselves!

Enjoy! And Happy New Who Day!
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #1173
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

And the front cover and spine of the book!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #1174
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

I love the cover. The passport in the background is great

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #1175
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
ood on the loo...
Dr Who was great. I loved the Pond series too. I made Jack wait five minutes to start because I was at the grocery and couldn't get back on time.
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #1176
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
And the front cover and spine of the book!
Lauren

Those are great. Where did you find the Mickey world? I love it. The pages are really great. Do you send it off and have it bound? Jack did that for our fifth anniversary. It was such a nice present and a total surprise. He worked on it at night after I had gone to bed.

Cathie
Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #1177
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom
I made Jack wait five minutes to start because I was at the grocery and couldn't get back on time.
We came close to having marital issues . . .

Jack
Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #1178
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
We came close to having marital issues . . .

Jack
So glad you guys worked through that! I always let the Tivo run about 30 minutes out anyway cause I HATE commercials!

So lets take this moment to talk about what not to do as a parent, or any thinking person anyway. Yes, we've reached another update on the Life of Lauren!

So my dad calls this morning at 6:30 IN THE MORNING! and he says Hey, give me a call. That's it. At 6:30 A freaking M in the morning. Now, my middle sister is 12 days away from giving birth, my youngest sister has been running a 102 fever for the past two days, my brother just got out of the hospital last week after 23 hour observation for concussion and my stepmother got hold of a peanut that sent her to the emergency room two weeks ago. And because it's 6:30 in the morning and nobody with any sense wants to talk to me until after 10:00 a.m. or until after they have made sure I've had breakfast I immedatly assume ......what? SOMEBODY IS DEAD!

So I call back, who what, where! And Dad says our air conditioner is broken and I was trying to catch Jeri before he went to work. So I say something really respectful like next time leave that in the f-ing message. But I didn't say f-ing. I said the whole word. And then I took the Lord's name in vain. Except I really wasn't swearing, I was asking for some much needed HELP! But Dad let it slide this time. Know why? Because it's 6:30 IN THE MORNING! And I also said you gotta get up earlier in the morning than this to catch Jeri before work in late August, you know. Which leads me to later today......

Now it's lunchtime and Mom has walked over and we're going to lunch and to run a few errands. And she comes in and says I didn't see your car, and I say, well, it's out there. She never sees my car. It's weird. And then I'll point it out to her and she'll say I don't know how I didn't see it. It's a little game we like to play. Well, she seems to. It just annoys me.

Anyway, I got my purse, my library books and we're off. Except guess what? My car is actually not there. We go down the block and around the block and check all of the places I like to park. Except I remember parking it yesterday clearly in front of the house because it was a tight spot and I was proud of my mad parking skills. Now I am covered in sweat and starving and I go call Jeri before I call the police to find out if he saw the car when he left that morning.

But he's not picking up because he's important and stuff so I text him 911 and keep calling him until finally he picks up and we go back and forth about where the car is. Turns out he did take it out last night to run an errand when I was in the shower and he put it back in front of John's house. Well, it's not in front of John's house. At the stop sign? Yeah, in the first spot. You don't see it? NO I DON'T SEE IT! And I'm HOT and SWEATY and HUNGRY I got woken up at 6:30 in the morning by crazy people and now my car is gone! This is my day????? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it happens the car is across the street from John's house around the corner at a different stop sign. With a $15 parking ticket on it. At least it's not stolen though, right? This is the kind of dingbat stuff he starts doing at the end of summer though.

Which is why we got him a handsome, new navy pinstripe suit and blue shirt and tie with pretty new shoes to drive five hours up to Atlanta in our not stolen car for his job interview tomorrow at 1:30. Where he's going to get a great job training people for Trane and though the summer will still be really busy hope to Heaven it's not going to be insane anymore 'cause I'm telling ya somebody in this house is going to wind up hurt. And I don't mean me!

So. . .that's what I've been up to! And WHEN he does get this job at Trane, and there's a week in between stopping his old job and starting his new one, guess where we're going for a MUCH NEEDED break before I have some kind of nervous breakdown? I'll give ya a hint! It starts with a W and ends with a W!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #1179
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Oh, Lauren! Sorry you had such a stressful day but glad everyone made it through. Good luck to Jeri! Positive thoughts headed his way for the interview. I thought of you today...I was driving through the square in town and guess what was filming!! You got it...TVD. I thought I saw Ian but it must have been his stand in. From a distance, I could have sworn it was him but as I got closer I realized it wasn't. Must have been wishful thinking!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #1180
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,

Jack cant wait a second to watch Dr Who. He thinks it was a big sacrifice on his part

What a crazy day! I hope everyone gets healthy soon. Thats way too much for one family.

Best of luck to Jeri --- not that he needs it.

My aunt called me at 6:00 am during the first gulf war, in which my cousin was fighting. I had much the same reaction, minus the language. She's my Dad's much older sister nd probably old have keeled over if I said a "bad" word. I thought for sure something had happened to him. She was just calling to chat.... Odd thing is that s the only time she has EVER called me.

I say you deserve to sleep in tomorrow.
Cathie
Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #1181
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Oh Lauren what a day! Good wishes and thoughts for Jeri are now on quadruple overdrive!

I love the Venice after dark pages, and the cover is terrific. I don't want you to finish! It's too much fun getting my Lauren scrapbook page fix on a regular basis.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #1182
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Lauren -

Seeing an installment of "Life with Lauren" makes my day.

Sorry to hear about all the family issues - but you've got to admit ... the bit about the missing car is too too funny
I laughed so hard I bounced the dog right off of my lap last night. She wasn't pleased, but a cheddar doggie cookie seemed to help make ammends.

Sending good thoughts for Jeri

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #1183
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Heather,

I read you foodie blog post and loved it. I loved John's as well. What part of Italy is your family from? The cheese sounds fantastic.

Cathie
Old 09-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #1184
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Heather,

I read you foodie blog post and loved it. I loved John's as well. What part of Italy is your family from? The cheese sounds fantastic.

Cathie
They are from San Antonino, close to the French border. The cheese is fantastic, especially both the regular and the dry jack. I'm glad you liked the story. I also totally loved John's Nabisco piece.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #1185
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Lauren

Those are great. Where did you find the Mickey world? I love it. The pages are really great. Do you send it off and have it bound? Jack did that for our fifth anniversary. It was such a nice present and a total surprise. He worked on it at night after I had gone to bed.

Cathie
The Mickey world came from a digi designer that I love called Sahlin Studios. She got some cute House of the Mouse kits that aren't too kiddie. I am planning on getting it printed through Shutterfly. I always try to wait for a sale though! There's one going on this weekend, but I've made myself accept that I'm not going to make it without staying up all night so I need to let it go because they'll have another one around the holidays. This is me, letting it go... That was wonderful of Jack to put together a book for you. They take so much work but are so worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Oh, Lauren! Sorry you had such a stressful day but glad everyone made it through. Good luck to Jeri! Positive thoughts headed his way for the interview. I thought of you today...I was driving through the square in town and guess what was filming!! You got it...TVD. I thought I saw Ian but it must have been his stand in. From a distance, I could have sworn it was him but as I got closer I realized it wasn't. Must have been wishful thinking!
That is a dreadful let down. James McAvoy did that same thing to me when they were here filming. I have 20 photos of his double and one of the back of his head while he smoked. I did get some photos of Robert Redford though so it wasn't a wasted trip three blocks over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
Lauren -

Seeing an installment of "Life with Lauren" makes my day.

Sorry to hear about all the family issues - but you've got to admit ... the bit about the missing car is too too funny
I laughed so hard I bounced the dog right off of my lap last night. She wasn't pleased, but a cheddar doggie cookie seemed to help make ammends.

Sending good thoughts for Jeri
I'm here to entertain!

Here's a couple pages of the Vatican Museum! I feel like I need a how to shoot photos in a museum class. Mine always seem to come out funky colored. And I didn't take enough. It seems like I can either look at something OR take a photo of it, but apparently I can't do both.

Jeri is almost done with the backbreaking part of installing our new fence this weekend! And then it's just the prettifing which is less hard. I can't wait. The view outside my window already looks so much better. And now it's over eight feet so even my tallest guests can't be spied upon!

Jeri still doesn't know about the new job. We're kind of getting a little down about it. But I did point out that there wasn't another thing we could have done to help him get that job, so if he didn't get it then it wasn't meant to be his. But who am I kidding? Disappointment always stinks.

We still don't have a baby niece. She's hanging in there! At this point I have asked my sister to have the kid on the weekend just to make it easier for everyone. She thinks I was kidding!

According to my timeline it's 84 days to 4.0. I can't wait to see you all and swap hugs!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: