Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #1156
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
And then when you're in too deep with your addiction to get out you'll find out that David Tennant, who played the tenth doctor married the fifth doctor's daughter in real life who then turned up playing his (David Tennant's) daughter in the eppi the Doctor's Daughter and your mind will be totally blown!
You left out that they have a baby together. I guess that means the fifth doctor has a grand-doctor-daughter.

It is hard to pick favorites but if you want to get shivers when you see a shadow, watch Forest of the Dead/Silence in the Library.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #1157
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:

Jeri has found out the the pool of 28 applicants for the job he wants has been cut down to six and he's still in. Fingers and toes crossed folks!
Go Jeri - Go Jeri - Go Jeri

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #1158
corky441

Quote:

And then when you're in too deep with your addiction to get out you'll find out that David Tennant, who played the tenth doctor married the fifth doctor's daughter in real life who then turned up playing his (David Tennant's) daughter in the eppi the Doctor's Daughter and your mind will be totally blown!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
You left out that they have a baby together. I guess that means the fifth doctor has a grand-doctor-daughter.
Oh my - what am I getting myself into?

So, I thought I'd try to find "Dr. Who' on Amazon - well low and behold - I found out that since I belong to Amazon Prime, I can stream each and every episode for free on Amazon Instant Video

And then, while checking out Amazon, I found a new Italy Blog -website-podcast-ebook all rolled into one:

http://www.italyfromtheinside.com

The podcasts are few and far between, but they look interesting. I especially like the learning Italian language lessons for kids - (right at my speed )

just noticed this little "smilie" - in honor of our Viva Italia trip I think the name needs to be changed to "Vespa" instead of moped.

Oh and I just heard that gas in Italy (converted to US dollars) is up to $9.40 a gallon

Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #1159
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Lauren - I agree with most of your favorites. I go back and watch Christmas Invasion quite often. I love David Tennant and that was a fabulous introduction to him. His dynamic with Billie Piper was great...but my favorite was Catherine Tate...like you, Martha was my least favorite.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #1160
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post

It is hard to pick favorites but if you want to get shivers when you see a shadow, watch Forest of the Dead/Silence in the Library.
I love Silence in the Library...creepy stuff!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #1161
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

We could be a much more interesting reality group than Jersey Shore. The days of wine and gelato. Yumm
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #1162
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Love the video Christy! I've watched some episodes of The Nerdist on BBC America...very entertaining!

I think I need to start watching Doctor Who, I think I would like it.

Jason
Jason,

Jack actually showed me the light with Dr Who. I enjoyed the old episodes but the new ones are soooo much better.
Cathie
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #1163
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=stenogoddess;45976368]In other news: New Doctor Who coming very, very soon now!

Heard the Tokyo Disney's version of the Splash Mt. song and almost died laughing. Going to Tokyo has become even more of a priority because EVERYONE should experience that!

It has been confirmed that my friend is having a girl and is naming her Obsidion, but the girl will go by Sadie. I sat my southern aside and told her how I felt about the name and she heard me out in good grace. At least I got it off my chest. But I did just buy and ship a pair of baby mouse ears with SADIE on the back and plan to forget that I ever knew about the other name.

It's under the 20 day mark for my sister's baby, Charlotte, to make her arrival!

" has found out the the pool of 28 applicants for the job he wants has been cut down to six and he's still in. Fingers and toes crossed folks! :"

Thanks from the Venice pages. They are wonderful, of course. I still really miss Venice.

Good for you on talking to your friend. I wish I had done the same when my fiend named her son Chas ( instead of Charles).

Id love to see a picture of Charlotte when she arrives

Congrats to Jeri! Best luck to him.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #1164
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #1165
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:

Our early morning walk through Venice was one of my favorite moments. I loved watching the city unfurl and come to life. I loved the gondola parking lot!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #1166
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mmqtt

Hey all! More Doctor Who info...

Check out Pond Life on the BBC website. It is a five part web series leading up to the season premeire. The whole series is about 5 or 6 minutes in total. Great way to get more excited about seeing the show tomorrow night.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #1167
corky441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mmqtt

Hey all! More Doctor Who info...

Check out Pond Life on the BBC website. It is a five part web series leading up to the season premeire. The whole series is about 5 or 6 minutes in total. Great way to get more excited about seeing the show tomorrow night.
Well, that was interesting to say the least - it took me a while to realize that "Pond" is a last name

The website was quite interesting though and it'll help me get a grip on the show.

I did notice that BBC America is running a lot of episodes today and tomorrow leading up to the new show. I've got my DVR recording some of them & hope to watch at least a few before tomorrow evening

Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #1168
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

http://youtu.be/fQfvLpfXe2U

Here's another one...can you tell I'm a little excited for the show to come back on?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #1169
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

LOVE Pond Life. I have no idea why but Ood on the loo had me cracking up! And we're bringing Marilee into the collective! Jason can't be too far behind!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #1170
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
Our early morning walk through Venice was one of my favorite moments. I loved watching the city unfurl and come to life. I loved the gondola parking lot!
This was the most magical trip!!! Can not wait to go back! Oh how I must go back!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: