Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #1096
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

I love love love that last set of photos!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #1097
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Great pages, Lauren!! I never thought I would have such fun standing in line...but that day at St. Peter's was the exception!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #1098
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,

Fantastic photos. They are terrific. so much beauty.

Christy,

I agree with you about how much fun the line was. It certainly made the time go by more quickly.

Cathie
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #1099
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Hey y'all! Don't know how things are going in the greater world, but I've been a busy little beaver. Beavers are amazed at how busy I am. In fact, work has been busy for such a consecutive time now that I've started to wonder if this is the new normal. If it is I'm going to need a twin. Or a maid. One or the other. But I've been so busy I haven't been scrapping because I've been saving my arm for work. Total drag. Transcripts aren't nearly as pretty as scrapbook pages. I am trying something new with my monitor though. I've stacked three reams of paper on my desk and put the monitor on that so that the screen is straight in front of my face and actually a little high. This seems to be keeping my head perfectly straight and forces me to use better posture in my chair. It seems like some of the pressure has been taken off my arm with my new system, so fingers and toes crossed!!!!

So I've decided to give you all a couple of photos with my life summary today to make up for the lack of pages! 'Cause everybody want to know about me!

Jeri and I have been considering which race to do in 2013. It's between the Animal Kingdom one and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror one, but we've been leaning slightly more to the Twilight Zone but it's a bit of a gamble because they haven't actually announced that they are going to bring it back next year. And then I saw this:

And laughed till I cried. This perfectly sums up my running experience.

My bestie in the world (Jennifer) and I have a no birthday present policy that has been in effect for years because after a while we both decided it was just passing money back and forth. So imagine my surprise when I came home on Friday and found these on my front porch:

She said my last several birthdays have been so bad that she decided I needed a little something, and that hopefully it would serve to remind SOMEBODY in this house that it was my birthday. Which it did. I had a wonderful birthday (finally) and I really do think it was all because of these flowers. Jen and 1 800 Flowers gettin' it done!

And lastly, a confession. I have a collectors heart, which is one of the reasons that I try not to buy something. Because one thing leads to the next thing because Lord knows if there's a collection I'll want the whole thing. And then where will I put it all? And I hate to dust! So I LURVE snowglobes. A Lot! But I never owned any. I would go in World of Disney and look at them all and shake them up and play their songs, but never bought one. Because one would lead to two, and who knows where that would stop. So then a few years ago we bought DVC on resale (best idea EVER) and guess what arrived in the mail as a thank you? Yep, a snowglobe. Really nice Tinker Bell one. But that's it I said. Just the one! Stand fast! It helps that the ones that I really like seem to be the expensive ones. And then I saw this:

And I had to have it. For TWO YEARS I've had to have it. It so perfectly sums up the ABD Backstage Magic trip for me as it shows the Disney Studios and plays the Mickey Mouse song. Yeah, that's my desk. So I finally broke down. One has led to two. And I've been thinking about taking these large pictures down from over my bookcase and have Jeri put in some shelves instead. Gee, I wonder what I will find to put on them?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #1100
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Happy birthday Lauren!!

I think the maid sounds like a great idea.

I'm so with you on the collecting. I collect egg cups, and some decorative eggs or egg- like things. There are o many other things I would love to collect, so I started collecting pins. They do t take up much room, although I would love to do a few shadow boxes. Even there, I have to rein it in. I have a Disney pin "notebook" full and another drawer full. I was really excited to learn that we would get pins on the trip. I have to limit myself when we go to DW or the like. I really regret losing my Orvietto pins.

Good Luck to you and Jeri on the race. I'm impressed. We just started walking again. The front of my shins are sore. I'm determined to get back in shape. My stepon and wife are Going to run a triathlon soon. They both look great.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #1101
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Happy birthday Lauren!!

I think the maid sounds like a great idea.

I'm so with you on the collecting. I collect egg cups, and some decorative eggs or egg- like things. There are o many other things I would love to collect, so I started collecting pins. They do t take up much room, although I would love to do a few shadow boxes. Even there, I have to rein it in. I have a Disney pin "notebook" full and another drawer full. I was really excited to learn that we would get pins on the trip. I have to limit myself when we go to DW or the like. I really regret losing my Orvietto pins.

Good Luck to you and Jeri on the race. I'm impressed. We just started walking again. The front of my shins are sore. I'm determined to get back in shape. My stepon and wife are Going to run a triathlon soon. They both look great.
Happy Birthday Lauren!

Cathie and I will have to celebrate by getting gelato from the new Publix in town!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #1102
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Just went to Grom in NYC.

It's just as good.....but better with all of you there too.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #1103
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post

You're here in the City? Try L'Amorino, too. I think their gelati might be even better! Try the speculoos flavor! And Francois Payard Bakery (Columbus Circle) has ice-cream sandwiches made from macarons - they're shaped like the old-fashioned ice-cream sandwiches and are divine!! Dominique Ansel Bakery (Soho) will even make you an ice-cream sandwich in a Kouign Aman!! Oh, I'm so hungry now!!

If you get out to Hoboken, I highly recommend Ultramarinos, Zafra and Cucharamama (only open for dinner).
Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #1104
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm so jealous. Glad for you, sad for me.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #1105
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
You're here in the City? Try L'Amorino, too. I think their gelati might be even better! Try the speculoos flavor! And Francois Payard Bakery (Columbus Circle) has ice-cream sandwiches made from macarons - they're shaped like the old-fashioned ice-cream sandwiches and are divine!! Dominique Ansel Bakery (Soho) will even make you an ice-cream sandwich in a Kouign Aman!! Oh, I'm so hungry now!!

If you get out to Hoboken, I highly recommend Ultramarinos, Zafra and Cucharamama (only open for dinner).
Only in town for 48 hours......most of which we are sleeping after our ABD trip and flying red eye.

These ll sound great though.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #1106
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin

Yum, wish we were all together again ... In Italy ... Of course

Just heard that the US Men's volleyball team was eliminated in the Olympics. They were beaten by Italy.
Should I be sad or happy???? A real dilemma

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #1107
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Happy birthday Lauren!!

Thanks you! I love egg cups too. They are so precious. Personally, I see the loss of the pins as a sign that you and Jack must go back. One can't have an incomplete collection after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Happy Birthday Lauren!

Cathie and I will have to celebrate by getting gelato from the new Publix in town!
You and Cathie having gelato is the most perfect way of celebrating my birthday! I can't remember the name of it but I think it starts with a T and has choc and maybe peanutbutter in it is the one we get at Publix. Also you make Jeri very happy shopping there as pretty much he and his entire family bleeds Publix green if you cut them. I guess that's what happens growing up in a smaller town with the only big company being Publix. They all work there!

Quote:

Have some Grom for my birthday, Kevin! All the cool kids are! I've been following Mike on Facebook. Looks like y'all had a wonderful time in Cali. I can't wait to hear about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Francois Payard Bakery (Columbus Circle) has ice-cream sandwiches made from macarons - they're shaped like the old-fashioned ice-cream sandwiches and are divine!! Dominique Ansel Bakery (Soho) will even make you an ice-cream sandwich in a Kouign Aman!! .
Wow! Where has that been my whole life!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
Me too! See ya soon on the cruise though. It's not Italy, but it's not nothin' either!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #1108
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only in town for 48 hours......most of which we are sleeping after our ABD trip and flying red eye.

These ll sound great though.
Next time you come to NYC, let me know and I'll give you my list of all the best places to eat. They'll mostly be chocolate (that's my expertise), but I know some great little places to eat, too.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #1109
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So jealous! I could use some banana and fragola gelato right now!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post

Have some Grom for my birthday, Kevin! All the cool kids are! I've been following Mike on Facebook. Looks like y'all had a wonderful time in Cali. I can't wait to hear about it!

Me too! See ya soon on the cruise though. It's not Italy, but it's not nothin' either!
Happy birthday, Lauren!! Hope it was a great one!

I've been following Mike on Facebook too. I can't wait for next year's trip...but as you said, we'll get to see each other on the cruise soon!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #1110
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Hey y'all! Don't know how things are going in the greater world, but I've been a busy little beaver. Beavers are amazed at how busy I am. In fact, work has been busy for such a consecutive time now that I've started to wonder if this is the new normal. If it is I'm going to need a twin. Or a maid. One or the other. But I've been so busy I haven't been scrapping because I've been saving my arm for work. Total drag. Transcripts aren't nearly as pretty as scrapbook pages. I am trying something new with my monitor though. I've stacked three reams of paper on my desk and put the monitor on that so that the screen is straight in front of my face and actually a little high. This seems to be keeping my head perfectly straight and forces me to use better posture in my chair. It seems like some of the pressure has been taken off my arm with my new system, so fingers and toes crossed!!!!

For TWO YEARS I've had to have it. It so perfectly sums up the ABD Backstage Magic trip for me as it shows the Disney Studios and plays the Mickey Mouse song. Yeah, that's my desk. So I finally broke down. One has led to two. And I've been thinking about taking these large pictures down from over my bookcase and have Jeri put in some shelves instead. Gee, I wonder what I will find to put on them?
I'm glad to hear your birthday was a happy one, and I hope your neck appreciates your new desk set up!

I love your Mickey snow globe. It is the perfect souvenir of the Backstage Magic trip. I too have mostly managed to not buy any for myself, but my mom gets them for me, mostly Christmas themed ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Happy Birthday Lauren!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
So jealous! I could use some banana and fragola gelato right now!

I'm super happy to be looking forward to upcoming trips together. I'll be totally happy to be traveling together again, even if we're meeting at the soft serve ice cream machines on the Fantasy instead of Grom in Venice.

Quote:
There absolutely has to be DIS Italy.2!! We are so not done with Italy yet!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: