Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #586
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Have decided to hog up the whole board today!

I know we're probably all loading down our ipods with trip music, so I wanted to mention I found Echos of Disneyland on itunes. If you like organ music it's so great. There used to be a Wurlitzer store on Main Street in DL and they used to play Disney music. Can you just imagine how cool it would be to listen to a Wurlitzer play while walking down Main Street? Thought I would mention it in case anyone needs a new Disney CD that's not quite the same 'ol thing.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #587
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Have decided to hog up the whole board today!

I know we're probably all loading down our ipods with trip music, so I wanted to mention I found Echos of Disneyland on itunes. If you like organ music it's so great. There used to be a Wurlitzer store on Main Street in DL and they used to play Disney music. Can you just imagine how cool it would be to listen to a Wurlitzer play while walking down Main Street? Thought I would mention it in case anyone needs a new Disney CD that's not quite the same 'ol thing.
This reminds me of something cool I saw in a video of the Milan train station - their video display advertised the Milan opera season (heavy on the Verdi, of course).

OK, cool is relative, but devoting a huge video display to classical opera isn't something I saw in Times Square or Penn Station last summer.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #588
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Here you go, Jack...

Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #589
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
This reminds me of something cool I saw in a video of the Milan train station - their video display advertised the Milan opera season (heavy on the Verdi, of course).

OK, cool is relative, but devoting a huge video display to classical opera isn't something I saw in Times Square or Penn Station last summer.
Ooooo, lots of Cimbasso, and Contra-bass Trombone!

Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #590
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Wow! Really am hogging up the whole board today!

Got an ABD insider gift today. It's the Artwork of Brave book, which is super cool. After I read the letter that came with, it seemed to imply heavily an ABD trip to Scotland next year. That giant sucking sound you just heard was my wallet! Scotland would be a dream trip for me. I just got done very sternly speaking to myself about how we can't go to Europe two years in a row. We need a recovery year. No matter how cool Germany might sound. Is there some sort of meeting to get over ABD addiction? 'Cause I needs it!

Last edited by stenogoddess; 05-14-2012 at 09:17 PM.
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #591
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I'm right there with you! This will be my second year in a row taking a Europe trip. I would love to go to Germany...and Scotland (and Ireland) is high up on my dream trip list.
Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #592
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

I wonder why I don't get ABD insider gifts???

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #593
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYDREAMER View Post
I wonder why I don't get ABD insider gifts???
You have to sign up and have taken two ABDs. Other than that Maybe the Canada thing? You guys are always getting shafted up there with the mail. I know this because all of my friends in Canada Christmas cards got returned for not enough postage. (there was to enough!) Or maybe it's the TA thing. Maybe TAs can't get gifts like I can't give gifts to my clients that are over a certain $ amount. That's all I got.

ETA: Saw this on ABD board. Looks like it IS the Canada thing. Sorry Sweets! I love your sweet Canadian heart. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2924936

Last edited by stenogoddess; 05-15-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #594
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quick update from the podiatrist appointment yesterday: He gave me a cortisone shot that has me pain-free today. He also made a "mold" for me to wear everyday. YAY! I will hopefully be pain-free for the trip. I've got to rethink the shoe situation though. My planned footwear is just not going to cut it.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #595
jcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Quick update from the podiatrist appointment yesterday: He gave me a cortisone shot that has me pain-free today. He also made a "mold" for me to wear everyday. YAY! I will hopefully be pain-free for the trip. I've got to rethink the shoe situation though. My planned footwear is just not going to cut it.
You could, of course, join those of us who use a "walking stick." OK, seriously, I'm glad the cortisone shot helped.

On completely different topic, I just checked http://www.livecruiseshiptracker.com/ and found that the Epic made it to Naples. Rome is tomorrow.

Tracey, I'm sorry. I suggest you blame Air Canada. Everyone else seems to do so.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #596
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Happy Banana Dance! I'm glad the cortisone worked for you. It doesn't for everybody, so yay! I'm a limited shoe choice person myself. I dream of cute shoes, but mostly it's my stupid expensive running shoes with the inserts. That is the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought, and I got no say whatsoever in picking them. The guy looked at the, very long, list from my dr., watched me walk, brought out three pairs, watched me walk in each and said, here, you can have these. And they were not the pink ones with the pumas on the side either. But at least they look sporty and not "servicable" so there's that.

Kevin ran into this guy in the airport and I've been watching his clips this morning. We have way too much in common. As we all prepare to head to the airport, here's what we have to look forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqcS...=LPoOMuwPzenUI

ETA: Just found this one about Disney World in August: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QohLo...eature=related

ETA: And this one for our Bed Bath and Beyonders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in12T...eature=related

ETA: Gelato! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHov...eature=related

Have got to stop this, but France/Italy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpMkRIXhLH0

Last edited by stenogoddess; 05-15-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #597
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I just checked weather.com for the Rome 10 day forecast. They are calling for rain during at least our first few days in Rome. Guess I will be packing that umbrella after all. Fingers crossed that the forecast will change...

Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #598
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Happy Banana Dance! I'm glad the cortisone worked for you. It doesn't for everybody, so yay! I'm a limited shoe choice person myself. I dream of cute shoes, but mostly it's my stupid expensive running shoes with the inserts. That is the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought, and I got no say whatsoever in picking them. The guy looked at the, very long, list from my dr., watched me walk, brought out three pairs, watched me walk in each and said, here, you can have these. And they were not the pink ones with the pumas on the side either. But at least they look sporty and not "servicable" so there's that.

Kevin ran into this guy in the airport and I've been watching his clips this morning. We have way too much in common. As we all prepare to head to the airport, here's what we have to look forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqcS...=LPoOMuwPzenUI

ETA: Just found this one about Disney World in August: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QohLo...eature=related

ETA: And this one for our Bed Bath and Beyonders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in12T...eature=related

ETA: Gelato! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHov...eature=related

Have got to stop this, but France/Italy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpMkRIXhLH0
Oh my! I shouldn't have watched the France/Italy video at work. I couldn't stop laughing...

Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #599
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Buon Giorno from Rome. Took the buss into Rome for a short sightseeing tour and some OYO time. We're traveling with someone that has never been and isn't on our Adventure.

Yesterday was Naples and Sorrento, Sorrento was incredibly beautiful. Naples was nice. Not great....just nice.

Tomorrow is Florence... and we LOvE Florence!

Having a great time. The NCL Epic is weird, more on that later

Cant wait to see Y'all.
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #600
jcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Buon Giorno from Rome. Took the buss into Rome for a short sightseeing tour and some OYO time. We're traveling with someone that has never been and isn't on our Adventure.

Yesterday was Naples and Sorrento, Sorrento was incredibly beautiful. Naples was nice. Not great....just nice.

Tomorrow is Florence... and we LOvE Florence!

Having a great time. The NCL Epic is weird, more on that later

Cant wait to see Y'all.
I'm glad you are having a good time. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the Epic and its curved rooms. See you soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: