Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #451
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,978

So I tried to get in to chat Thursday, but couldn't make it. And because I'm challenged I couldn't figure out how to log in the other suggested ways. But I hope chat was fun if anyone got it.

I'm so happy everyone is getting their boxes!!!! What do we think of the gift? I don't want to say anything until everyone has a box so as not to ruin it, but I did wonder if anyone was going to bring it with.

And now, because I know it's something that has been weighing on everyone's mind, especially the fellas, I wanted all my friends to know that I've gotten off my tail and bought some pants. I will not, in fact, be touring Italy in holey yoga capris. We dodged a bullet there folks let me tell ya!

So last week pretty well stunk, and next week looks about the same, but after that, fingers crossed, smooth sailing to Italy!!!!

What's the word on the street!?!
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #452
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
 
skunkvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 634

Chat was fun, things are getting closer and everyone is starting to get excited.

Everyone also had problems with the log in. I used Yahoo to get in.

I do know (from my sister) that not everyone got the same gift in the box.

As first time ABDers, my sister and her family received the same item that we were given on our first adventure.
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #453
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,806
DISboards Moderator

The ABD gift you received is my doing.

If you have ABDed previously, I had a choice of the same gift you received for your first Adventure (or further).....and it was my guess that you didn't need another one.

My other choice was the new gift.

Previous travelers got the new gift and "unseasoned" ABDers got the original gift.

I kinda think they are cool....so to speak.

Mine will most likely travel with me.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #454
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
 
skunkvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
The ABD gift you received is my doing.

If you have ABDed previously, I had a choice of the same gift you received for your first Adventure (or further).....and it was my guess that you didn't need another one.

My other choice was the new gift.

Previous travelers got the new gift and "unseasoned" ABDers got the original gift.

I kinda think they are cool....so to speak.

Mine will most likely travel with me.
The new gifts are very cool, my sister and her family love their gifts too.

They were so excited when they received their box, and they can't wait for the adventure to begin.
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #455
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,978

Good choice Kevin!
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #456
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,806
DISboards Moderator

Hi Folks,

I was just asked if it's ok to bring a travel iron on this Adventure and the answer from ABD was a resounding NO.

It is illegal to use an iron in a hotel room in Italy and carries a very stiff penalty.

I also asked about curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers and I was told that they are ok....but that you need a very good converter (read pricey), as the electricity will almost definitely blow them out.

Keep in mind that an adapter makes your male plug fit their female outlet.

A converter will convert 220 - 240 to 110...which is what most US items use.

Thought this might be helpful.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #457
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I was just asked if it's ok to bring a travel iron on this Adventure and the answer from ABD was a resounding NO.
At least now I have a good excuse for wearing wrinkled clothing.

Packing my suitcase just got a lot easier.
__________________
Jack
jcb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #458
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,806
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
At least now I have a good excuse for wearing wrinkled clothing.

Packing my suitcase just got a lot easier.
We'll all be wrinkled together.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #459
apurplebrat


Turning the whole world purple!
 
apurplebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We'll all be wrinkled together.
And we'll match our clothes
__________________
apurplebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #460
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
 
skunkvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Hi Folks,

I was just asked if it's ok to bring a travel iron on this Adventure and the answer from ABD was a resounding NO.

It is illegal to use an iron in a hotel room in Italy and carries a very stiff penalty.

I also asked about curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers and I was told that they are ok....but that you need a very good converter (read pricey), as the electricity will almost definitely blow them out.

Keep in mind that an adapter makes your male plug fit their female outlet.

A converter will convert 220 - 240 to 110...which is what most US items use.

Thought this might be helpful.
So pressing a pair of slacks on the train on way to Venice is not going to work?

Seriously, thanks for the heads up, Kevin.

We checked our travel hair dryer (which I really need) and it is dual
voltage, and I just ordered a couple of extra adapters from Amazon for the dryer and our various chargers. I think we are set.

Just Thirty Two (32) shopping days left until our adventure!!!!
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #461
slapwhitey


Mouseketeer
 
slapwhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Always enroute to Disney
Posts: 765

Kevin, I have a question for you. I'm hoping your Italy experience can help me out. Oddly enough I'm wondering if you know where the Disney Store is in Rome? I know.....I know.......the last thing we need is another Disney Store. Unfortunately we've succumb to the Vinylmation craze and Rome has an official Rome vinylmation of course only available at the local Disney Store. I would love to get my hands on one of these and was wondering if you've come across this store throughout your travels.

Chris
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
slapwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #462
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapwhitey View Post
Kevin, I have a question for you. I'm hoping your Italy experience can help me out. Oddly enough I'm wondering if you know where the Disney Store is in Rome? I know.....I know.......the last thing we need is another Disney Store. Unfortunately we've succumb to the Vinylmation craze and Rome has an official Rome vinylmation of course only available at the local Disney Store. I would love to get my hands on one of these and was wondering if you've come across this store throughout your travels.

Chris
I don't know if Kevin has, but Google doesn't put the store very far away from our hotel. http://g.co/maps/cbynv
__________________
Jack
jcb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #463
slapwhitey


Mouseketeer
 
slapwhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Always enroute to Disney
Posts: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I don't know if Kevin has, but Google doesn't put the store very far away from our hotel. http://g.co/maps/cbynv
Awesome, thanks Jack. I can easily walk that. Better bring my comfy shoes.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
slapwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #464
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,806
DISboards Moderator

Jack beat me to it, but it's not far from our hotel.

There is a Disney Store in Florence and Venice as well.

The Venice Disney Store is a bit harder to find, but we did it.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #465
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!
 
DSNYDREAMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Hi Folks,

I was just asked if it's ok to bring a travel iron on this Adventure and the answer from ABD was a resounding NO.

It is illegal to use an iron in a hotel room in Italy and carries a very stiff penalty.

I also asked about curling irons, flat irons and blow dryers and I was told that they are ok....but that you need a very good converter (read pricey), as the electricity will almost definitely blow them out.

Keep in mind that an adapter makes your male plug fit their female outlet.

A converter will convert 220 - 240 to 110...which is what most US items use.

Thought this might be helpful.
This was my excuse for a brand new straightener (flat iron)--needed a dual voltage!! Not only is the converter required pricey--it is MASSIVE!

I also bought a dual voltage hair dryer, my iPad and iPhone are dual voltage. I think we are good with no converter and just a couple of adapters!

HOWEVER--the No Iron thing is freaking me out a little. I will have to research the penalty to decide if it is worth the chance!
__________________
Tracey H
Dreams Unlimited Travel


Last edited by DSNYDREAMER; 04-23-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling
DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: