Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #391
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Shoot! I just realized that I'm not going to be able to make it to chat tonight either. I'm going to a TCM Road to Hollywood screening of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Robert Osbourne is going to host the event with Jane Powell being a special guest. I'm excited for the screening but bummed that I'm going to miss chat again tonight. Let me know if you make any final decision on the restaurant tour...I'm definitely in if you all decide on the 24th.
Oh, wow! That sounds so cool. I love that movie. Enjoy.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #392
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
We were thinking either May 23, 2012 10:30 AM or May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
We are also arriving on the 23rd.So if you are going on the 24th we would love to join you.

John

tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #393
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
We were thinking either May 23, 2012 10:30 AM or May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
I would definitely love to do this, sounds like a lot of fun!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #394
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Sounds like a great tour! We're up for either date/time.
Quote:
I'm arriving the morning of the 23rd...so that's out for me. If you decide on the 24th, then count me in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardis1029 View Post
We are also arriving on the 23rd.So if you are going on the 24th we would love to join you.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
I would definitely love to do this, sounds like a lot of fun!

Jason

I think the 24th is the best time
May 24, 2012 9:45 AM

http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/...romefoodtours/

This guided 4-hour food and cultural city walking tour gives you a taste of Rome that few visitors experience. Rome has some of the best food in the world as long as you know where to find it. We take you to seven non-touristy places to savor nine fabulous food tastings (a hearty meal). Along the way you'll be dazzled with entertaining stories and insights into Rome’s culture, history, and architecture and be guided to many secret attractions. Join us and uncover the Real Rome!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #395
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This guided 4-hour food and cultural city walking tour gives you a taste of Rome that few visitors experience. Rome has some of the best food in the world as long as you know where to find it. We take you to seven non-touristy places to savor nine fabulous food tastings (a hearty meal). Along the way you'll be dazzled with entertaining stories and insights into Rome’s culture, history, and architecture and be guided to many secret attractions. Join us and uncover the Real Rome!

Have signed Jeri and I up for this tour and time. Our first extra thing booked! I am SO excited! Thanks for finding this!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #396
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Quote:
Have signed Jeri and I up for this tour and time. Our first extra thing booked! I am SO excited! Thanks for finding this!

I've signed up my mom & I too!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #397
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:

I just signed up, thank you for letting us know about this!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #398
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Oh, wow! That sounds so cool. I love that movie. Enjoy.

Sayhello
I love the movie too! Jane Powell still looks great and she told some great stories about her hollywood experience and specifically about making the movie. Very cool night!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #399
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!

Quote:
I've signed up my mom & I too!!!
We are also signed up !!!! Can't wait to meet everyone.

John

tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #400
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I love the movie too! Jane Powell still looks great and she told some great stories about her hollywood experience and specifically about making the movie. Very cool night!
How great for you! So glad you got to do that.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #401
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

So now we are under sixty days (58 I think), soon we all will be looking for those special boxes from ABD.

Note on Ipad chat discussion last week; I total forgot that my Ipad 2 is a Verizon 3g, which if I understand correctly, means no Sim card slot built in to the unit.

Need to discuss further with Verizon, along with global cell phone needs.

Or just buy an Ipad 3 non Verizon....
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #402
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
So now we are under sixty days (58 I think), soon we all will be looking for those special boxes from ABD.

Note on Ipad chat discussion last week; I total forgot that my Ipad 2 is a Verizon 3g, which if I understand correctly, means no Sim card slot built in to the unit.

Need to discuss further with Verizon, along with global cell phone needs.

Or just buy an Ipad 3 non Verizon....
I did some checking and that seems to be accurate about verizon iPads. But what a great reason to get a new iPad.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #403
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Did I miss anything good in chat??

I was up in Atlanta seeing my family for a few days. I don't know how something so great can also be so stressful at the same time (could be that there were nine of us.) And then I have to stand there with a big smile on my face waving while they drive back off to Chicago, and sniffle all the way back to Savannah on my own.

Sometimes I think I should be like my middle sister and just cry buckets all over everyone instead of sucking it up. But then I couldn't say something so loving like would you man up and calm down, you're upsetting Autumn (the littlest sister) That's me, nothing if not compassionate to a pregnant woman. (sigh) Not my finest moment. Luckily, my pregnant sister has never listened to a word that comes out of my mouth, so probably even if she heard me she didn't care anyway.

It must be love because I sure wouldn't suffer this much for just anyone!

The trip to ATL was a good dry run though. We've run out of some stuff we need for Italy. Like pants for me that aren't athletic wear for one thing, and maybe some new shoes for Jeri. As I told Jeri, no one wants to see me running around Italy in athletic pants and t-shirts. Not the Italians, and not the Pope. So I'm just going to have to break down and shop. I think my girlie gene for shopping was not installed properly.

Today I input all of our already planned stuff into my google calendar and printed out the pages so I can have a rough guide for what's what. Is it strange that I get such a sense of happiness and satisfaction watching calendar pages come off a printer?
Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #404
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Did I miss anything good in chat??

I was up in Atlanta seeing my family for a few days. I don't know how something so great can also be so stressful at the same time (could be that there were nine of us.) And then I have to stand there with a big smile on my face waving while they drive back off to Chicago, and sniffle all the way back to Savannah on my own.

Sometimes I think I should be like my middle sister and just cry buckets all over everyone instead of sucking it up. But then I couldn't say something so loving like would you man up and calm down, you're upsetting Autumn (the littlest sister) That's me, nothing if not compassionate to a pregnant woman. (sigh) Not my finest moment. Luckily, my pregnant sister has never listened to a word that comes out of my mouth, so probably even if she heard me she didn't care anyway.

It must be love because I sure wouldn't suffer this much for just anyone!

The trip to ATL was a good dry run though. We've run out of some stuff we need for Italy. Like pants for me that aren't athletic wear for one thing, and maybe some new shoes for Jeri. As I told Jeri, no one wants to see me running around Italy in athletic pants and t-shirts. Not the Italians, and not the Pope. So I'm just going to have to break down and shop. I think my girlie gene for shopping was not installed properly.

Today I input all of our already planned stuff into my google calendar and printed out the pages so I can have a rough guide for what's what. Is it strange that I get such a sense of happiness and satisfaction watching calendar pages come off a printer?
I did a virtual tour of the Piazza Barberini on Google Earth because John is looking forward to cheap sausage cheese balls in Rome. My electrical goodies arrived along with new shoes and a SD card of Northern Italy for my Garmin, and, as always, Matt did something monumental, I just can't remember what. Oh, and Kevin said there will be no string quartet or dancing at the final dinner in Venice.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #405
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm officially signed up too!! Yay!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: