Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #376
corky441


It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.
 
corky441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Posts: 2,788

Happy Birthday Italy
March 17th is Unification Day.
Italy - as we know it - is 151
today
Hard to believe that a country with so much history is so young.
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #377
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!
 
JWren1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 316

Outstanding Documentary: Discovery Atlas - Italy Revealed

I just watched an outstanding documentary called Discovery Atlas - Italy Revealed. I rented it from Amazon (free if you are an Amazon Prime member).

It looks at Italy (Rome, Tuscany, Venice, Sicily, Siena and Milan) through the eyes of the people who live there. A man studying to be a gondolier in Venice, an aspiring race car driver in Rome, etc.

This was fascinating to watch, as it gives a very unique insight into Italy.

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #378
GAN
DIS Veteran
 
GAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
Posts: 1,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
I just watched an outstanding documentary called Discovery Atlas - Italy Revealed. I rented it from Amazon (free if you are an Amazon Prime member).

It looks at Italy (Rome, Tuscany, Venice, Sicily, Siena and Milan) through the eyes of the people who live there. A man studying to be a gondolier in Venice, an aspiring race car driver in Rome, etc.

This was fascinating to watch, as it gives a very unique insight into Italy.

Jason
I caught that on Netflix as well --we really enjoyed it. Especially Siena since that is probably out most favorite city in the World.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #379
apurplebrat


Turning the whole world purple!
 
apurplebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 500

Anbody interested in doing this food tour?

http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/...romefoodtours/


This guided 4-hour food and cultural city walking tour gives you a taste of Rome that few visitors experience. Rome has some of the best food in the world as long as you know where to find it. We take you to seven non-touristy places to savor nine fabulous food tastings (a hearty meal). Along the way you'll be dazzled with entertaining stories and insights into Rome’s culture, history, and architecture and be guided to many secret attractions. Join us and uncover the Real Rome!
__________________
apurplebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #380
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
Anbody interested in doing this food tour?

http://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/...romefoodtours/


This guided 4-hour food and cultural city walking tour gives you a taste of Rome that few visitors experience. Rome has some of the best food in the world as long as you know where to find it. We take you to seven non-touristy places to savor nine fabulous food tastings (a hearty meal). Along the way you'll be dazzled with entertaining stories and insights into Rome’s culture, history, and architecture and be guided to many secret attractions. Join us and uncover the Real Rome!
I would definitely be interested. When are you thinking of taking the tour?
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #381
apurplebrat


Turning the whole world purple!
 
apurplebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I would definitely be interested. When are you thinking of taking the tour?
We were thinking either May 23, 2012 10:30 AM or May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
__________________
apurplebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #382
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
We were thinking either May 23, 2012 10:30 AM or May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
I'm arriving the morning of the 23rd...so that's out for me. If you decide on the 24th, then count me in.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #383
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
 
skunkvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
We were thinking either May 23, 2012 10:30 AM or May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
It sounds like a great tour, but unfortunately we don't get into Rome until mid morning 5/24.

We decided to add time in Venice on this trip.
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #384
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,978

Sounds like a great tour! We're up for either date/time.
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #385
apurplebrat


Turning the whole world purple!
 
apurplebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
It sounds like a great tour, but unfortunately we don't get into Rome until mid morning 5/24.

We decided to add time in Venice on this trip.
Bummer Frank - maybe we can look to see what they have in Venice too! We do have 1 extra day in Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Sounds like a great tour! We're up for either date/time.
I think Thursday will be a good day. Maybe we can confirm in chat tonight
__________________
apurplebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #386
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,358
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
We were thinking either May 23, 2012 10:30 AM or May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
I think you should do it on May 24, in honor of my Birthday!

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #387
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I think you should do it on May 24, in honor of my Birthday!

Sayhello
You should come with us and then we totally would!
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #388
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,358
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
You should come with us and then we totally would!
Thanks! I would, but I'm going to be on Maui on that date!

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #389
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Shoot! I just realized that I'm not going to be able to make it to chat tonight either. I'm going to a TCM Road to Hollywood screening of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Robert Osbourne is going to host the event with Jane Powell being a special guest. I'm excited for the screening but bummed that I'm going to miss chat again tonight. Let me know if you make any final decision on the restaurant tour...I'm definitely in if you all decide on the 24th.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #390
corky441


It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.
 
corky441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Posts: 2,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
It sounds like a great tour, but unfortunately we don't get into Rome until mid morning 5/24.

We decided to add time in Venice on this trip.

Ditto

Our flight doesn't get in until 10:30am on the 24th
__________________
*Marilee
Your best life isn't necessarily your favorite life or the one you selfishly want. It's simply the life you're best at.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the acqua alta.



Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: