Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #46
m3b
Mouseketeer

Here is one I will never forget. Long story short - wife goes over to CSR from where we were staying, AKL, with daughter. When she gets out of the car at the CSR the battery in our van explodes. Car is dead in the water and we are driving home to PA that evening (we drive through the night). She can't get me on my phone so she calls the desk at AKL. The CM who gets the call, a man named Junior, sends a van over for her and tells her they will take care of the van. Wife finds me at the pool, tells me her story. I go up to find the CM to see what this is going to cost me. "Sir, you go relax. I am going to take care of this for you." "What does that mean - 'We are going to take care of it'?" "It means no charge. I am getting a mechanic to come, replace your battery. You can get your car when it is done."

They literally got us a new battery, didn't take a penny for it, then drove us in their van to where it was and gave us back the keys. We left from there and drove home deeply touched by this act of remarkable service. It made what would have been a vacation nightmare into one of the best Disney moments my family ever had!
m3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #47
TChrist05
DIS Veteran

In the late 90's my DW and I checked into the Contemporary with the understanding that we were in a tower room....it had been a rough year since my wife was battling depression at the time.....so we ended up in the wing.....that night a knock on the door with milk and cookies from Minnie Mouse....just a nice little touch. Next morning we get a call from Mickey to tell us that our room in the tower would be ready later that day and to leave our luggage in the room and it would be moved to our new room....Magic Kingdom view....real nice. That night they deliver a nice floral arrangement and a fruit and cheese platter for us....just made us feel so special.....

You have to pay it back....last year we had 4 one day park tickets that we did not need....we get an annual pass each year.....so we go to the Magic Kingdom and kind of wait for a family that needs to buy tickets for the day...found a family of 4 and surprised them.....they could not believe that someone would do such a thing.....it cost us nothing but made us feel great.....it is better to give than to receive.....and each time we go we try to do a little something for someone....just makes us feel good.
TChrist05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #48
FirstTripEver
Mouseketeer

Bump!
FirstTripEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #49
sp0ngem0nkey
♪ I'm wishing for the one I love... and now I have 3 loves.

My story is nothing fancy but it meant a lot to me-

Me and my DD4 were in one of the Disney stores in Epcot I believe. I saw a trading pin board and was looking through my purse for my pins I was going to trade out for my daughter. She found a beautiful Sleeping Beuaty pin that was huge and in a oval frame. I could not find my pins I had put in my purse that morning. So, we were to walk away. Some lady took her pin off and traded the CM for the Sleeping Beauty pin and handed it to my daughter. DD was so happy. I was stunned and said thank you. I felt a little odd but then remembered where we were at. A Place where pixie dust happens and smiles on kids matter. Thank you sweet lady to who ever you are!
2011 Wilderness Lodge: me DH DD4DS4
2013 First Timers @ Disneyland: MNSSH Family Reunion
sp0ngem0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #50
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerVixen
I tried to do this with 3 couples of people on my last trip. ALL of them looked at me like I had 2 heads.

"I don't understand you" (even though you'd just been speaking to your kid in ENGLISH)

"We don't wan't them" (O...k... fair enough)

"We're not riding Toy Story Mania" (OK, who comes to MGM and doesn't ride TSMM!)

Seriously, these are 2 extra FP, I don't wan't money, or your soul... Why not just take them
Well, with me it would be because it's a 3D attraction.
I can't see that since I only have one funtioning eye. I was actually offered fastpasses for philharmagic once,can't see that either

And some rides I just find too scary

Other than those I'd gladly accept such an offer (or make it!) You need to spread the fun around, it only increases your own.
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #51
dgundry
Disney's In My DNA

We were fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of Soarin' FP's that someone handed us out of nowhere a few years back. Ever since, we have hogged up every FP we are eligible for and distributed the ones we don't use like Robin Hood throughout the parks. It works out great since we are a family of 4 and DW & DD don't ride some of the rides my DS and I do. So we get 4 FP's, use 2 and give away 2 (and of course, we dump all our FP's on unsuspecting families and couples when we leave the parks for the day).

Talk about "it's better to give than to receive". I love playing Robin Hood and seeing the look on faces when they get handed TSM, Soarin', BTMRR, EE, or TT tickets when the line wait times are 60+ minutes.

So calling all Robin Hood's - pay it forward!!!

dgundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #52
buzz2400
The TF waves to buzz2400's DS

We always give our fp away before we leave the park. Sometimes we get people who do look at us very strangely. Anyway, in every day life I give out coupons that I am not going to use for instance we are in a store and I decide I am not going to use a coupon, I will hand it to someone in line. I have had many people turn me down but I still persist. I figure someday someone will pass it forward to me. Hoping, hoping, hoping.
buzz2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #53
ducky_love
Saving the world one tourist at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz2400 View Post
We always give our fp away before we leave the park. Sometimes we get people who do look at us very strangely. Anyway, in every day life I give out coupons that I am not going to use for instance we are in a store and I decide I am not going to use a coupon, I will hand it to someone in line. I have had many people turn me down but I still persist. I figure someday someone will pass it forward to me. Hoping, hoping, hoping.
IT WORKS!! See page 2.
DLP: November 2013
FIRST TRIP TDL: September 2014!!
ducky_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #54
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

missing Crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysaint View Post
Last year we were staying at the Beach Club. We just come into the lobby from the boardwalk when I looked into the stroller and saw my one-year-old was down one shoe.
Last year I was sitting on a bench behind the Beach Club. A family rode by in a surrey bike. One of the kids on the bike dropped his Croc. The family in the bike didn't notice, but a stranger did. She picked up the Croc and ran after the bike. It took quite a while for the family to realize why she was chasing them, but they finally stopped so that she could give the Croc to them. She went out of her way to help them (literally).

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #55
fireman17
"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day there's always firemen".

We just returned on Monday from a back to back Disney cruise on the Dream and even on a Disney cruise acts of kindness exist. My DW had picture frame mats to be signed by the characters and two were misplaced I went to guest services to check and see if they were located and was greeted by crew member Panos who was the officer in charge of guest services. He told me to check back by 7 a.m. as this was the Sunday that we would be disembarking off the ship.
I returned at 7 and was informed by Panos that the frames could not be located but he had me wait off to one side as he told me he had something for my children to make up for the loss of the frames. He returned a few minures later carrying two large bags and each contained two plush Minnie Mouse dolls. He apologized that he didn't have enough time to get more for me and I told him that he didn't even have to do what he did.
I told him I understand the Dream has 4,000 people on board and having the frames misplaced was not upsetting to us but thanked him over and over for the gifts.
My daughters eyes lit up when she awoke to Minnie Mouse laying by her the day we were getting off the ship. It made all my kids very happy.
Again, Disney doing what Disney does best...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #56
jking6
DIS Veteran

We were on vacation in May which I had booked as a Christmas gift to my DD. Well in March I was diagnosed with Melanoma and had to undergo surgery. Several infections and flat in bed for what seemed like forever my doctor had finally given me permission to go to Disney 5 days before my vacation but I was not allowed to walk and had to rent a scooter.
One night getting of the bus a young boy on a scooter came up to me and asked me what was wrong. I told him and he said mom I knew she had cancer too. He proceeded to tell me to be strong and I would survive. I am 52 and hearing this from a teenager,it melted my heart. I just wish I could reach out to him and see how he is doing.e were staying at Allstar Sports so if someone out there knows him please let him know I think of him often.
I will be returning in Dec and I will be walking.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #57
Vivianne
Close enough to enjoy what Mass has to offer
I'm ready for a PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
We were on vacation in May which I had booked as a Christmas gift to my DD. Well in March I was diagnosed with Melanoma and had to undergo surgery. Several infections and flat in bed for what seemed like forever my doctor had finally given me permission to go to Disney 5 days before my vacation but I was not allowed to walk and had to rent a scooter.
One night getting of the bus a young boy on a scooter came up to me and asked me what was wrong. I told him and he said mom I knew she had cancer too. He proceeded to tell me to be strong and I would survive. I am 52 and hearing this from a teenager,it melted my heart. I just wish I could reach out to him and see how he is doing.e were staying at Allstar Sports so if someone out there knows him please let him know I think of him often.
I will be returning in Dec and I will be walking.
Your story showed how simple things mean alot. Teenagers can say and do things than can be positive even to strangers. Good for him.

Take care and be well.
Vivianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #58
parrothead365
I'd rather have a kiss than a smoke
Dr. Said I have evil toes!
I like laundry as much as Tabasco enimas
I just hope I end up with the licking end of the dog under my nose

We were at HS eariler this month and had made the early entry. We had enjoyed several rides and decided to grab a coffe and sweet roll from Staring Rolls. It was a rainy morning and when we got to the cafe the line was kind of longish and all the tables were full. As we were waiting a table opened up and my well trained DS grabbed it for us while we waited in line. Well a family came out of the cafe and were trying to eat off of the top of a trash can and still stay out of the rain. I went over and told them to go sit at the table my son was holding for us because we still had a bit of a wait in line. They looked at me like I had three heads. Guess the never heard of such a thing. But they sure learned quick, when we came out with our snacks there they were at the table just waiting to return the favor Just love spreading that Disney Magic around!

"Phins to left...Phins to the right"

I'm an analog guy in a digital world

Proud Dad of a Shotokan Black Belt

We should all remember that the Freedom we ALL enjoy was NOT FREE....Thank a Veteran today!
parrothead365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #59
mavslab
Mouseketeer

Well thanks a lot!! I am sitting her a wet, sopping mess

Love these stories

Here is mine:
We walked up to the line for RnRC. I had stopped at the CM to get a baby swap pass becuase I was convinced my 5 year old would be too short to ride. When he stood up to be measured he was ECSTATIC to find out he was tall enough!! The CM said, I think this calls for a celebration so here are fastpasses for all 5 of you to go ride it right now.

Made our whole day!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #60
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Bump!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: