Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #16
ChereeCA
Earning My Ears

Each time my family has gone to the world we bring a stroller. On our last day at MK we find a family who's looking to rent a stroller and we give them the stroller and ask that they do the same when they leave. Hopefully everyone is spreading kindness around. It's so much fun to see their faces . We are going in November and plan to do it again!
ChereeCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Bump! I like the stories!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Several years ago on a Tuesday Judy and I were in Town Square on a slow day in January and got into a conversation with a CM wearing a tie and jacket. Toward the end of the conversation he asked when we were going home. We said Saturday. He then said: "Since you will be here past Thursday, would you like to be Grand Marshals in Thursday's 3:00 Parade?" And that was during Party Gras, when the Grand Marshals rode in the first real float, with Roger Rabbit Cavorting above us.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

My daughter and her boyfriend, at the time, went to Mitzikoshi for dinner. He is a Marine and was wearing a t-shirt with the Marine logo. They were seated at a table with a very nice family and had a great time talking to them over dinner. When dinner was over, the family paid their tab and said goodbye to my daughter and her friend. They told my daughter's friend thank you for his contribution to our country. When my daughter's boyfriend tried to pay their tab, the server told them that it was taken care of by the family. It was so nice of them and meant a great deal to my daughter's boyfriend.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #20
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

While in fantasyland, my DS, 2 1/2 y/o at the time, was starting to meltdown and we had not been able to ride peter pan at all on the trip. DH and I were standing outside the ride, while DS was crying "no more line", and we were trying to derive a plan to not miss peter pan.
A CM approached my son and said, "Are you Jimmy? Well Peter has been waiting for you young man. I think I better just get you to the front immediately, it's off to neverland with you."
It was a life saver. I know I should gotten a FP early, but I wasn't the disney expert I am now. I guess she must have overheard me, and knew there was no way we could make it 50mins in line. Thanks Disney!!
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
MouseEarsForAll

Bump!

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 10-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #22
cmurray234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
I was taking my 21 year old neice who had cancer(along with my two daughters). She had paralysis from the knee down on one leg. I could only afford a wing room at the Contemporary. I faxed Disney a letter asking that they not put our wing room out too far as I had rented a scooter from an outside company and we would be arriving around 1pm, but the scooter would not be there till 6 pm. When we went to check in, they had upgrades us to a TOWER MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW ROOM! They also went out of their way to send balloons up from Ariel, chocolates, a few other fun things. All I asked for was a wing room close to the main building as some of the wing rooms are far out. My neice passed away 4 months later. What a wonderful memory for all of us. Truly some Disney magic.
That's a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.
cmurray234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #23
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissi View Post
I've posted this story before...here's the shortened version of it.

Last November, we were in a very crowded Starlight Cafe and my son was potty training at the time. My husband went up to get food and my son was saying "Potty". So we went to get on line for the bathroom and the line was just so long. I mean it was bad. My son has autism and waiting is not exactly his strong point. I decided to just go back to the table and wait because he was wearing a diaper. Bad choice. He looked at me desperately and I decided to bring him someplace else. I picked him up and he couldn't wait any longer. We were both soaked. I was in tears, I felt terrible for not making a better choice sooner. My husband went up to get our food wrapped up to go, and a manager came over to check on us. I explained what had happened and he gave us a voucher to go to any store we wanted to buy a clean outfit for my son. I am forever grateful.
What a great story! Both my daughters have autism and sometimes it's hard to know what the "right choice" is at that moment!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #24
BrerVixen
Br'er Fox's biggest fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_missy66 View Post
If you aren't going to use a FP you have, hand them off.
I tried to do this with 3 couples of people on my last trip. ALL of them looked at me like I had 2 heads.

"I don't understand you" (even though you'd just been speaking to your kid in ENGLISH)

"We don't wan't them" (O...k... fair enough)

"We're not riding Toy Story Mania" (OK, who comes to MGM and doesn't ride TSMM!)

Seriously, these are 2 extra FP, I don't wan't money, or your soul... Why not just take them

BrerVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #25
MouseEarsForAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerVixen View Post
I tried to do this with 3 couples of people on my last trip. ALL of them looked at me like I had 2 heads.

"I don't understand you" (even though you'd just been speaking to your kid in ENGLISH)

"We're not riding Toy Story Mania" (OK, who comes to MGM and doesn't ride TSMM!)

Seriously, these are 2 extra FP, I don't wan't money, or your soul... Why not just take them
Wow, so kind...

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Old 10-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
1308Miles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerVixen View Post

Wow! That's insane. I played the part of FastPass fairy this past vacation and every family I chose was unbelievably appreciative and couldn't thank us enough. It felt great.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #27
Moon Child
On a Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1308Miles View Post
Wow! That's insane. I played the part of FastPass fairy this past vacation and every family I chose was unbelievably appreciative and couldn't thank us enough. It felt great.
That IS so insane, I never understood that mindset when people don't want fastpasses
We always hand them off and are forever grateful when we are on the recieving end.
We just spent 6 days in WDW and 3 at US/IOA, on our first day at US, the parks close early (5 and 7 pm) and we still had one more day on our Disney passes, so we drove back to Hollywood Studios
My ds8 fav ride is Star Tours, so we hit that first, did TOT 2 x and my ds11 and I really really wanted to ride RRC ONE LAST TIME, we walked up, fastpasses are of course sold out and the line was over an hour long. I know DH and DS8 don't want to wait an hour or more for us
Just then, and ANGEL and her daughter walk up and hand us 2 fastpasses for RRC!! We were so so happy, and we got to ride in the front row! Made our night!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #28
ducky_love
Saving the world one tourist at a time.

I've been joking that I'm building up our fastpass karma for months in preparation for our week in DL. Just about every time we go to the parks (which is OFTEN!) I grab fastpasses to a headline attraction and give them away. It is so fun to make other people happy!

Well- our first day at DL a couple weeks ago it was cold, rainy, and frankly miserable. We were fading fast after a morning fighting the weather. My DH had given up and headed to the front of the park when a couple approached us and offered two fastpasses to Star Tours - the longest line in the park!! I almost cried!

I've got to tell you - I'm giving away more fastpasses if everyone appreciates them the way I did!!
DLP: November 2013
FIRST TRIP TDL: September 2014!!
ducky_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #29
Mrsjvb
DIS Veteran

during our trip to DL last June, I recived a little Magic. we had been in line for the Aladdin show and were far enough back that when it came time for me to get situated( i am in a WC) there were PLENTY of open WC spots, but nowhere for my husband to sit anywhere near. and when a CM asked a single gentleman to move one row behind so that my DH could sit in the chair directly next to a spot, he refused rather rudely, actually.
Unfortunately this theater did not cover seats next to HA spots to keep them from being used until filled by companions of said HA takers

anywho the CM was like, well we can take the elevator up to the balcony and see if there is anything.. so myself and 2 others and their companions traipsed over( having to wait of course as only one set could fit in at a time.. very tiny elevator) by the time we all got up there there were again, plenty of open WC spots. DH did manage a seat within reasonable proximity and I was visibly upset/stressed still over Mr Rude. well this lady just handed me a plush Mickey and said it looked like I needed a friend. Now let me state here that I am ..shall we say.. mature.. I am not a youngster or a teenager or mentally disabled the type of person one would expect a little magic to be bestowed upon.

of course i thanked her and kept asking if she was sure.. and she was like good gravy yes It cost her nothing, it was some freebie she got as a perk somewhere.

the more cynical part of me sez she gave it to me cuz she already had a dozen at home, or didn't wanna carry it around the rest of the day, but ya know what, It's a teeny part currently. It helped me get over Mr Rude and helped me enjoy one of my favorite shows at disney and I hope to be able to pay it forward next September when we are back at WDW.
Mrsjvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #30
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

I have 2 stories – One about arrival and one about departure…
Arrival –
DD (6 at the time) knew we were going to WDW, but it was her first trip and she had NO idea what she was in for! : I mean, even at MCO, she was amazed at the lights and was SO excited to get on the tram “Is this a ride?!?” it was precious. Anyway… I had made an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for the next day, and made an invitation “From Cinderella” for DD. When we got to our hotel (Wilderness Lodge) for check in, I handed it to the CM who was checking us in and asked her to hand it to my daughter, pretending that it was waiting for her. She said no. I looked at her in shock and she quickly follwed it up by “but I WILL take it and have it delivered to your room.” 20 mins later, there was a knock at our door, a CM with a big bunch of balloons, and she was asking for DD. She said that Cinderella had sent her with a note and was asked to wait for a reply so she could tell Cinderella right away! DD tore that note open and was SO excited! She told the CM, “Yes, yes! Tell Cinderella Yes! Oh wait – Mommy and Daddy, can I have dinner with Cinderella and her family? She said you can come too.” It was so cute! The CM told her that it was great that she stopped to ask permission first, and that she would pass along the response, and her kind manners to Cinderella. And all the while, I forgot to take pictures, and never got a pic of DD with her balloons

Departure –
When we were leaving, I was following through on a tip that I had read before I left (on some other site, because I didn’t find DIS until after I came back). I asked our concierge to sign a postcard from Mickey, and he said he couldn’t do that. He said he WOULD take it to get it signed by Mickey though, and drop it in the mail for me. So… about 2 weeks after we got home, DD got a postcard in the mail from not only “Mickey” , but Minnie also! (although it was addressed in my handwriting, but she didn’t notice!) . 2 weeks after that, we got a package in the mail as we were leaving town to visit DH’s terminally ill grandpa, who we were all very close with, in a far-away hospital. We grabbed the mail as we were pulling out of the driveway, and in it, there was a package addressed to “the Smith* Family” with a return address of Disney. I let DD open it, and inside was a note from that Concierge CM who got the postcard signed by Mickey. (I recognized the handwriting). The note was attached to an autograph book, and there was a large photo in the back of Minnie and Mickey with DD’s post card. The note said something like “The boss sent me to put your postcard in the mail, and I ran into some friends along the way and they wanted to say hi too! Thought you might enjoy it. From your Special Disney Pal” Inside the Autograph book, every single page was signed, some 2-4 per page!!! What an AWESOME surprise. It really brought the magic to a day that was already doomed to be emotionally tough and gloomy. She showed her Great Grandpa that book and was SO excited to tell him about all the characters. (oh, now I’m crying because I miss Great Grandpa!)

I’ve written e-mails to thank that CM and a letter to his manager to praise his exemplary service and for going WAY out of the way… I think I’ll write one again, and tell his manager that we booked another vacation, and have chosen to stay at the same hotel again, partially because of that CM’s generous actions.

Sorry it’s so long… I can’t tell a short story!

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
making plans... so far looks like it'll be unlike either of our other trips. We're driving, we're not staying at WL, we're trying a moderate instead, we're cutting the Disney part shorter so we can go to the dark side for 2 days/nights!! We're SO excited to check out the Harry Potter areas!!!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: