Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Lightbulb Random Acts of Disney Kindness

Who's had one of those moments? I have seen many stories of those since I joined, and I want a place to put them together for everyone to share! It doesn't matter if the act is from a family member, friend, CM, or even a total stranger! It's nice to know that Disney still makes some people feel good.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Vivianne
Close enough to enjoy what Mass has to offer
I'm ready for a PARTY!

Well, we were staying at CR on Sun and Mon 10/10 & 10/11. We decided to take a trip to the Grand Floridian just to see it around 9 or 10 p.m. I can't remember. We took the monorail got off and just walked around the GF since we thought it was a nice resort. Once we were done we were going to get back on the monorail to go back to CR.

Then we found out it wasn't running. They were working on it and stopped the monorail so we had to find a bus to take us back. The first bus was not going there but the driver of the second bus was willing to take us, even though it wasn't part of his route. We were really appreciative and the bus driver chatted with DH on our trip back. He was extremely nice explaining why and just talking with DH. I was very happy to get back.
Vivianne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
ms_missy66
Official WDW Addict

I've contributed to and accepted many acts of Fast Pass kindness. We always seem to get Toy Story Mania FP that are for late in the day and my daughters just can't make it. We end up handing them to four people at the end of the 90 minute line, making them quite happy. It's happened to us also. We've had people randomly walk up to us, "Would you like to ride Jungle Cruise? We won't use these FP." My girls begin jumping for joy. Stuff like that is so nice and so easy for people to do. If you aren't going to use a FP you have, hand them off.

7/82, 7/88, 5/99, 5/04, 12/05, 9/07, 12/08, 8/09, 12/09, 6/10, 12/11, 12/12, 4/13, 10/14 (DCL) and looking forward to 1/15!
ms_missy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
auntmeme7577
Mouseketeer

This week, a DISer posted 2 free waterpark passes that she wasn't going to use. I was the lucky first responder. We have 2 teenagers who will have an awesome day thanks to her generosity! And, I have made a new friend! Thanks again Alicia
auntmeme7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
no capes darling
I never look back, it distracts from the now

It was my DD's 7th birthday and she was not happy about having that birthday for whatever reason. We had just come from breakfast at 'ohana and going into the MK. Wendy was at the head of Main St, near the spot they do the flag ceremony and saw that she was so upset, so Wendy approached us and wanted to know what was wrong. I told her that DD was sad about having a birthday and was having a rough morning... Wendy, the dear, said to DD very matter of factly, "I understand about never wanting to grow up." It was awesomely appropriate for the moment. I'll never forget it.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
JayT
Earning My Ears

My DS and I were entering Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP, when another guest on her way out approached me. She had rented a stroller and asked me if I wanted it since she was leaving and not attending the party. I thought it was so thoughtful! My son didn't need it, but it was such a kind gesture! I hope she found someone who could use it!
JayT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
scootch
DIS Veteran

I was taking my 21 year old neice who had cancer(along with my two daughters). She had paralysis from the knee down on one leg. I could only afford a wing room at the Contemporary. I faxed Disney a letter asking that they not put our wing room out too far as I had rented a scooter from an outside company and we would be arriving around 1pm, but the scooter would not be there till 6 pm. When we went to check in, they had upgrades us to a TOWER MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW ROOM! They also went out of their way to send balloons up from Ariel, chocolates, a few other fun things. All I asked for was a wing room close to the main building as some of the wing rooms are far out. My neice passed away 4 months later. What a wonderful memory for all of us. Truly some Disney magic.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
~~March 2015 Disney Dream
[/SIZE]
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
4under4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
I was taking my 21 year old neice who had cancer(along with my two daughters). She had paralysis from the knee down on one leg. I could only afford a wing room at the Contemporary. I faxed Disney a letter asking that they not put our wing room out too far as I had rented a scooter from an outside company and we would be arriving around 1pm, but the scooter would not be there till 6 pm. When we went to check in, they had upgrades us to a TOWER MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW ROOM! They also went out of their way to send balloons up from Ariel, chocolates, a few other fun things. All I asked for was a wing room close to the main building as some of the wing rooms are far out. My neice passed away 4 months later. What a wonderful memory for all of us. Truly some Disney magic.

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
Vivianne
Close enough to enjoy what Mass has to offer
I'm ready for a PARTY!

Quote:
Aww, I'm so glad you have such a good memory. Deservedly so. It brings tears my eyes.
Take care...
Vivianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
angryduck71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That made me tear up. Yay for you too for giving your niece a magical experience!
angryduck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #11
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Quote:
This is one of the stories that I heard...I am glad you made the best of your time with her.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Cruz91
Always at Disney in my mind...

I've got a unique one!

So some old high school buddies and I went to ESPN Weekend last year. It was a BLAST. We don't get to hang out much anymore (you know - families, kids, work, etc), so it was great to catch up. One thing we did (of course) was the Drinking Around the World game at Epcot. It was going quite well (maybe too well) when in England, I decided to celebrate making it around with double shots on top of the beer we had there. Yeah, not so smart, and I started feeling my age. So what's the random act of kindness? Well, one of the guys we ran into in England offered me a ritalin (?????) which I declined, but then he ended up giving me a bottle of water instead. That, at the time, was the kindest thing he could do (unless, you know, he could stop the room from spinning or something).
WH - Christmas '10 - OUR 10th trip!!
WBC - Spring Break '11, WH/WBC - June '11 (Surprise Trip)
WH - Thanksgiving '11,
AS-Sports - Solo Marathon Weekend '12 - I DID IT!!
WP - March '12
WH- June '12
Paradise Palms- TGiving '12 (also our 15th wedding anniversary)
AS Spo - Jan '13 Solo Marathon (again)
DW DH DD11 DS9
Cruz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

At MNSSHP on 9/27 we put off seeing the princesses until later in the night, hoping the line would get smaller. DD really wanted to see Rapunzel and Flynn and this was her only chance.

When we got to the princess line at 11:10, we were told it was closed. DD7 immediately burst into tears, which is a rarity for her. It was a combination of disappointment, the heat, and fatigue. The CM felt terrible, but I reassured him that she'd be OK. I felt terrible because it was pretty much my fault. I should've just stood in the line earlier, knowing how important it was to her. I had stood in line for the 7 dwarves for 90 minutes and was not ready to stand in another 60+ minute line right after. But I should have just done it.

DD and I stayed in the theater for about 5 more minutes so she could compose herself before heading out the door to the Emporium.

When we hit the street, the CM came running up to us, got down to eye level with DD and said "Guess what, princess? You get the see Rapunzel and Flynn!" The CM said seeing DD so upset broke his heart because he didn't want her to leave the party so sad. So, he whisked us back into the building and 60 minutes later, DD was beaming with her autograph from Rapunzel and Flynn!

It was a wonderful way to end a pretty disappointing night. Nothing like that has ever happened to my family or me before, and knowing that the CM totally saved my butt made me forever grateful!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #14
Nissi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have a 21-yr old daughter and I can't imagine. This was something very special that you and the CM's did to make a wonderful thing happen for your niece. Brought tears to my eyes too. God bless
Old 10-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #15
Nissi
Mouseketeer

I've posted this story before...here's the shortened version of it.

Last November, we were in a very crowded Starlight Cafe and my son was potty training at the time. My husband went up to get food and my son was saying "Potty". So we went to get on line for the bathroom and the line was just so long. I mean it was bad. My son has autism and waiting is not exactly his strong point. I decided to just go back to the table and wait because he was wearing a diaper. Bad choice. He looked at me desperately and I decided to bring him someplace else. I picked him up and he couldn't wait any longer. We were both soaked. I was in tears, I felt terrible for not making a better choice sooner. My husband went up to get our food wrapped up to go, and a manager came over to check on us. I explained what had happened and he gave us a voucher to go to any store we wanted to buy a clean outfit for my son. I am forever grateful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: