Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #91
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Loving your TR Claire, long may it continue.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #92
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Oh my gosh - laughing out loud about the whole beaver paragraph - hilarious. Love that you have a picture of the beaver saved as Lift Beaver.

Can't wait for more

Tammy
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #93
stephensmum
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report, Claire. You have a lovely writing style & crease me up with your humour. Never stayed at WL but I feel like I know it well from your writing. Thanks so much.

International Drive Aug 1991
Kissimee Sept 1996
All Star Movies Aug 2005
POFQ May 2007
CBR Aug 2008
SSR Aug 2009
SSR Aug 2010
SSR Aug 2012
stephensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #94
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Loving your updates Keeps me going until we can get back.

Usually we go every 2 yrs in Feb but due to 6th form and uni that's no longer possible. So I had it in my mind that we could go end of August but unfortunately DS has to resit one of his uni exams

So please keep on writing to keep me in the Florida mood
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #95
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Beavers -

Bus stop sign photos -
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #96
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
Beavers -

Bus stop sign photos -
This sums up my thoughts perfectly!

What a fab report! Keep up the amazing work - I feel like I'm there with you!
xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #97
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

another great update, glad you're getting to do all the things that you wanted to do. I agree that enjoying some time just sitting in a lobby area and soaking up the atmosphere (and people watchng) is a great way to relax.

Love your bus stop photo - I can see a whole new thread entitled "What on earth possessed me to take a picture of that!" But thanks for sharing!
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #98
mickeyforpresident
DIS Veteran

This trip report is like a guilty pleasure - i had to laugh out loud about the beaver nostrils !!! Thanks!

August 2012 - Back to the Contemporary - love that monorail !!!
August 2010 - 2 weeks at the Grand Floridian
August 2008 - 3 weeks at the Grand Floridian
August 2006 - Disneyland Hotel DLRP
August 2004 - 2 weeks at the Contemporary
August 2002 - Disneyland Hotel DLR Paris
August 1999 - Millenium Celebration - offsite
mickeyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #99
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

So I am sitting at my desk trying to look professional (not easy for me) and I am spitting tea out whilst laughing about beaver nostrills ................... well who'da thought my day would start in this way
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #100
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbell13 View Post
That looks like the type of picture my DH would take. It made me giggle!

I so can't wait to eat here again! Delicious food and fun games for the kids too!

I generally don't understand why some people let their kids run willy nilly all over the place but people do it all the time. So feeding the ducks and letting their kids chase after the ducks is no surprise but it still makes me shake my head.

I almost fell off my chair laughing at this. I could totally see my DS doing something like this on our last trip (he was 7). And to be honest, he probably would do it still, but that is a boy thing.
Thank you! We love Roaring Forks - it's underrated I think - we have spent rather a lot of our time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Loving your TR Claire, long may it continue.
It could be very long! Especially if I have breaks of over a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Stringer View Post
Oh my gosh - laughing out loud about the whole beaver paragraph - hilarious. Love that you have a picture of the beaver saved as Lift Beaver.

Can't wait for more

Tammy
I'm finding it a challenge to try and work out even more dubious names for saving photos under!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensmum View Post
Loving your trip report, Claire. You have a lovely writing style & crease me up with your humour. Never stayed at WL but I feel like I know it well from your writing. Thanks so much.
Thanks so much Do stay at WL - it's fab - just incase you weren't sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry blonde View Post
Loving your updates Keeps me going until we can get back.

Usually we go every 2 yrs in Feb but due to 6th form and uni that's no longer possible. So I had it in my mind that we could go end of August but unfortunately DS has to resit one of his uni exams

So please keep on writing to keep me in the Florida mood
Will try to do so Sorry about the break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
Beavers -

Bus stop sign photos -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
This sums up my thoughts perfectly!

What a fab report! Keep up the amazing work - I feel like I'm there with you!
xxx
Thank you!! Will try my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobzuk View Post
another great update, glad you're getting to do all the things that you wanted to do. I agree that enjoying some time just sitting in a lobby area and soaking up the atmosphere (and people watchng) is a great way to relax.

Love your bus stop photo - I can see a whole new thread entitled "What on earth possessed me to take a picture of that!" But thanks for sharing!
I am liking the idea for the photo thread - I felt I had to share such an exquisite example of photography that sums up the sheer amazingness of WDW - hmmm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyforpresident View Post
This trip report is like a guilty pleasure - i had to laugh out loud about the beaver nostrils !!! Thanks!
Ooooh - I've never been a guilty pleasure before I feel very honoured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
So I am sitting at my desk trying to look professional (not easy for me) and I am spitting tea out whilst laughing about beaver nostrills ................... well who'da thought my day would start in this way
Awesome! I now have a fantastic image in my head of you spraying tea everywhere - love it Ultimate professional!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Scoobymoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #101
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 6 Part 1: The Hat really comes into play!

Sorry, sorry, sorry!! Work has been sooooo madly busy - parents' evenings this week which kind of eliminates writing time! Many apologies - I'm not doing a disappearing act, it just all gets rather busy at times.

So where was I - ah yes, beavers and bus stops...

We had had a fab day at Epcot and next on the agenda was Animal Kingdom. I love the way this park has developed since it first opened. I was lucky enough to visit AK in its first year and at the time it really didn't feel like much....now it's a totally different park - so much more.

So, we woke at 7.30ish and DH made coffee. DD did some stickers (blimey does that girl loooove stickers!) We decided to head straight to AK and get some breakfast there. We tided DD over with some grapes in the car. We arrived at 9.15 and parked in Unicorn 29 - I love the way the car parks are organised - DD did too - thankfully she has a better memory than both DH and I so we could always find the car at the end of the day!

We knew from experience to head straight to the Safari but on the way we found a Photopass photographer. This was the first time DD was asked to pose with an imaginary 'thing' - we'd heard about this but so far hadn't experienced it. We love the result:

The Safari was a walk on and as it was relatively early there were lots of animals out and about including baby elephants:

Ok, so that's a giraffe bum but hey... you can't win 'em all...be grateful its not a bus stop

Once we had disembarked 'Simba 1' we had to go and pick up the buggy from the buggy park. It was at that point that I saw this cheeky chappy....

You'll notice a theme here...a squirrel related theme....it seems that wherever I go, I get photos of squirrels...random I know. Between us DH and I are photographers extraordinaires! We went to New York for part of our honeymoon and whilst there visited the Bronx Zoo. The animal I remember most was a black squirrel that we saw on the way back to the bus. We have many squirrel pictures that you can look forward to

So, by now it was a little late for breakfast and we had a somewhat hungry child (oops!) so we popped into Pizzafari. We went to the counter and while we were waiting one of the servers went up to DD and jokily asked her for her beaker of fruit juice because she was thirsty. Bless her, but DD handed it over much to the server's delight. Anyway, that was the start of our first little bit of Pixie Dust. We got seated with our breakfasts: DD had french toast, DH had a breaskfast pizza and I had a breakfast platter with bacon. Well, just as we had got settled, the server came over to DD with an individual cupcake for her as a surprise. Now given that DD is a total CAKE MONSTER you can imagine the sheer joy! Let's see if what you imagine matched the reality....

She was thrilled and full of icing - result!!!
There is something even nicer about breakfast with Pixie Dust

We then decided to wander over to camp Minnie Mickey to see what the queues were like. On the way there were other photopass opportunities....

The queues were ok so we decided to wait to meet the fab five...and Chip and Dale. Here goes...no bus stops or squirrels...I promise...!

Oh yeah...and Thumper with Miss Bunny...

Seriously...the chipmunks attacked DD....

And a whispered conversation...she speaks fluent quack...

This was the park in which we realised that everyone loooved DD's hat. One of the photopass photographers took one of our favourite photos of the trip. I'll leave you with it before I sign off for this installment...

Bwah hah hah hah.....!!!!

That's the real one!!!!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Last edited by Scoobymoons; 02-15-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Scoobymoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #102
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

I needed that update - fab photos (if you don't count the bus stop!). Thank goodness your dd didn't breathe in whilst taking her first bite of the cake - that icing was periously close to her nose.

Hope your parents evenings are nearly wrapped up now - I've got 2 appointments with teachers tomorrow afternoon and DH is doing tea and coffee (in his capacity as parent governor!).
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #103
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Really brilliant photos.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #104
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

I didn't think your daughter could get any cuter but these photos are absolutely beautiful.

Love the one with Simba and the one where she's giggling with Chip 'n' Dale
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #105
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Precious, seriously she's just so gorgeous. Love the pictures with Chip & Dale.

I really can't wait to take my own children to see the Disney magic one day...
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Rienchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: