Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #76
catherinen
Earning My Ears

Welcome back Claire!

I'm glad you clarified DD didn't ride the teacups all by herself - that first picture made me feel really sorry for her! But it's quite amazing you were invisible - unless it was the G-force that squashed you out of the picture!
catherinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #77
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

love the photo of your DD "on her own" in the teacups
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #78
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobzuk View Post
great TR so far and I'm pleased it's taking ages for you to write as it may just keep me going until we get back to WDW in 2013! Not far down the road from you either (Hook).

Great pictures and lots of detail, just perfect so please don't hurry too much!
Hmmm....yup...thinking it might take a little while. Can't believe you're only in Hook - that's soooooo close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
Yay the TR continues

I have the same gene as your DH...teacups

You do make me laugh Claire, you have a very talented knack of putting things.

Glad you went for 3 weeks because that means you still have LOTS and LOTS of writing todo.
So pleased you're enjoying it. It's comments like yours that just make my day and encourage me to write more. I genuinely smile from ear to ear and blush!!! Way too much writing to do plus a trip to DLRP not far off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinen View Post
Welcome back Claire!

I'm glad you clarified DD didn't ride the teacups all by herself - that first picture made me feel really sorry for her! But it's quite amazing you were invisible - unless it was the G-force that squashed you out of the picture!
It's nice to be back! Thanks for the welcome Yeah freaky photo - perhaps it was the G-Force...good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
love the photo of your DD "on her own" in the teacups
Thanks...I promise she wasn't....she'd never have moved...that wheel in the middle is pretty heavy to move!!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Scoobymoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #79
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

hahaha ,funny trippie tho my first thought was when I saw your dd all alone in the teacups was, gosh those are fast those teacups .......that wee soul all alone !! surely not !!! it made me laugh to see you hadn't let her go on her own , phew ....!

great loving it keep it up...
Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #80
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 5 Part 1: Imaaaaagiiiinaaaaation.....

The photo with DD in the tea cups on her own (but not) has caused some interest. I do blame my DH for the photo - he seems to have a skill for taking photos and making people invisible...bear with me now. We have a fab photo of from our honeymoon in NYC when we went down to see the Statue of Liberty. Near to where the boats were departing from, there was a lovely fountain which had literally hundreds of people playing in it. DH took a photo and when we got a print of it.....no people at all freaky!!! I have the opposite problem. I took a photo of my brother in law and DH on a bouncy castle and when we received a print of that....there was a small boy in between them....I swear he was not there when I took the shot...be afraid....be very afraid...

Anyway, enough of my random wafflage....back to the plot...

We had already decided that day 5 was going to be a rest day (we learned pretty fast in 2009 that rest days were crucial!) so we got up at 8ish and once we were ready for swimming we headed to Roaring Forks for breakfast.

DD had a grape cup while DH had a croissant and I had a bagel (I braved using the funky bagel/toast toasting machine...I suppose some might call it a...toaster...) with cream cheese. After eating, we took a quick stroll across the beach before having a paddle in the little pool. We then moved into the big pool and had lots of fun swimming and jumping in...and swimming...and jumping in....and jumping in...and jumping in....spotting a pattern??? Following this it was a shower and change, then hopping on a boat across to MK. From MK it was over to the TTC and getting the monorail to Epcot to go to our ADR. I don't think I've ever got the monorail from the TTC to Epcot and we all loved the way it circumnavigated Spaceship Earth before stopping at the station. Knowing that we had many days planned in Epcot, we ignored Future World and pressed on into World Showcase straight towards Canada. I have to admit that although I'd heard mixed reviews about Le Cellier, I was really looking forward to this meal.

We did have a few minutes to pop into the shop...

Once we had put the moose away, we went to the restaurant....oooh....exciting.

I must apologise for lack of food photos at the mo....when I find them, I'll post them. They'll probably appear randomly at an inappropriate moment...in the middle of Seaworld or something....brilliant! So, we were led into the restaurant and I have to admit that the service was fab...we were seated in a nice private booth and regaled with some info all about Canada. We were brought the breads...er...yum! DD loves bread....I may have mentioned this before (if that is the case, think how often I will have repeated myself by the end of 3 weeks...bwah hah hah! ) but when asked 'What are your favourite things?' at the start of school, her answer was 'flowers and sandwiches'....she's not wrong but it just shows her level of commitment to all things bread. These were really delicious
Our ordering was as follows:
DD: Apple juice, Carrot and celery sticks, apple slices, turkey macaroni with marinara sauce, ice cream.
DH: 2x Moosehead beers, coke, spicy chicken and chipotle sausage and roasted corn polenta, filet mignon with risotto, chocolate moose.
Me: Pomegranate lemonade, Pinot Noir, Cheese soup (assisted by DD!), filet mignon with risotto, maple creme brulee.
Now, I don't know what other people have been eating at Le Cellier to warrant complaining but...Oh.....my.....goodness....This was just deeeeeelicious. We loved it...every mouthful. YUM!!

After dinner, we wandered back through WS but sadly I wasn't too well again We slowly pootled over to Future World and took our first ride on Figment - one of DD's favourite rides.

The ending gets me every time - I leap out of the seat much to the amusement of DH...

After a visit to the little purple dragon (surely that's a euphemism for something...) we popped over to the fountains near Test Track where I was able sit down and drink water whilst DD played in the water!

She got totally soaked... We then decided that it was time to go home so we went towards the bus stop. On the way we saw Daisy Duck - one of DD's favourites but unfortunately she was just finishing her time at the front of Epcot (ok, that doesn't sound good either...sorry). Stitch was still there so DD got his autograph but every time we tried to get a photo, she ran out of it...I think she was chasing Daisy!!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Last edited by Scoobymoons; 02-14-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #81
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

thanks for the update - it's left me wanting more which shows what a great job you're doing! You're DH sounds like the perfect photographer, I'm sure professionals would pay a fortune for software that magically erases people not want wanted in the background!
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #82
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

don't you love kids, favourite things "flowers and bread", classic
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #83
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a lovely way to spend your day

You have just made me realised that we have never arrived at Epcot on the monorail either, we always drive to that park

I think we should park at TTC next time just for a change
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #84
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great update! I'm enjoying your photos of Wilderness Lodge in particular as we're staying there for the first time in October.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #85
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Fab update!

Glad you liked Le Cellier, we really enjoyed it too. Love the cheese soup.

Also love the photo of DD on the tea cups alone - thats one skilled photographer you've got in DH. You should hire him out for special events!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #86
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Glad to hear you loved Le Cellier - it's certainly one of my favourite World Showcase restaurants. The cheese soup and fillet mignon - delicious

Your daughter is so photogenic - you have some gorgeous photos of her.

Can't wait to read more - really loving your style of writing

Tammy
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #87
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

Le Cellier is one place I would like to try on a trip some day. I've heard really good things about the cheese soup.

And I just have to say that your daughter is a little darling! She is such a cutie. I love the picture of her soaked after playing in the fountains. It just exudes the joy she was having at that moment.

WL is beautiful. I love all the pictures you have posted of it. It is on my list of resorts tostay at some day.

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #88
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
hahaha ,funny trippie tho my first thought was when I saw your dd all alone in the teacups was, gosh those are fast those teacups .......that wee soul all alone !! surely not !!! it made me laugh to see you hadn't let her go on her own , phew ....!

great loving it keep it up...
Glad you're enjoying it. The social workers don't need to be called yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobzuk View Post
thanks for the update - it's left me wanting more which shows what a great job you're doing! You're DH sounds like the perfect photographer, I'm sure professionals would pay a fortune for software that magically erases people not want wanted in the background!
Now there's an idea....hmmm...I wonder how much people would pay? Obviously you'd get a cut of the profits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
don't you love kids, favourite things "flowers and bread", classic
She's totally right though...that is exactly what she likes best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a lovely way to spend your day

You have just made me realised that we have never arrived at Epcot on the monorail either, we always drive to that park

I think we should park at TTC next time just for a change
Definitely! It was an unexpected first for me too! Recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Fab update!

Glad you liked Le Cellier, we really enjoyed it too. Love the cheese soup.

Also love the photo of DD on the tea cups alone - thats one skilled photographer you've got in DH. You should hire him out for special events!
Mmmmm....cheese soup...mmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Stringer View Post
Glad to hear you loved Le Cellier - it's certainly one of my favourite World Showcase restaurants. The cheese soup and fillet mignon - delicious

Your daughter is so photogenic - you have some gorgeous photos of her.

Can't wait to read more - really loving your style of writing

Tammy
Thanks Tammy. DH and I think she's really photogenic...as I say, I reckon she's actually the milkman's child because there are a few of her traits that seem to have eluded DH and I completely...go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbell13 View Post
Le Cellier is one place I would like to try on a trip some day. I've heard really good things about the cheese soup.

And I just have to say that your daughter is a little darling! She is such a cutie. I love the picture of her soaked after playing in the fountains. It just exudes the joy she was having at that moment.

WL is beautiful. I love all the pictures you have posted of it. It is on my list of resorts tostay at some day.
She absolutely adores all of the fountains and it's fab that she dries so quickly afterwards! At least she's not in nappies like she was in 2009 when she'd come out of the fountains with a bottom the size of a small country

Definitely recommend Le Cellier - we loved it. And absolutley definitely stay at WL - just incredible....

Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #89
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 5 Part 2: Step away from the ducks....

I don't have a clue why DH took a picture of the bus stop sign but I'm sharing it nevertheless....enjoy!

I understand this photo a little more...

...I just don't get this one....

We eventually got a bus back to WL - it was probably the longest we had to wait for WDW transportation, but even then it wasn't horrendous and the journey back was quick.

I was beginning to feel a bit better (phew!) so we refilled our drinks at Roaring Forks and took them to the lobby. We had already decided that this holiday we were going to try to spend more time in the lobby - I know that sounds a bit random, but it really is a fantastic space and in 2009 we'd seen other people just chilling out as we dashed past and we were determined to spend a bit of down time just sitting in there.

Now, if you recall, the previous day we'd been virtuous and bought postcards so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to write and post them. I was desperately trying to avoid doing our usual trick of:
1. Buy postcards
2. Write postcards
3. Add postcards to ever-expanding collection of previously bought, written and unsent postacards

If 'thinking about contacting people from holiday but not actually doing it' ever happened to become an Olympic sport, then DH and I would be in with a pretty good chance of gold medals

So...we decided to remedy this terrible situation and yes...round of applause please...we actually:
1. Bought postcards
2. Wrote postcards
Drum roll......
3. Sent postcards

DD was the main decider of what we wrote -this was hilarious in itself as she didn't have a clue about the etiquette of postcard writing (being 4...and not having the best role models as parents...) so we had a jolly good giggle writing what she said and wondering what on earth our parents would think we had been drinking in order to write such daft things.

Here's a quick snap of the Whispering Canyon sign;

Oh, and incase you are missing it....

So, feeling virtuous with postcards posted we went to Roaring Forks where DD had a turkey sandwich with fries (I originally mistyped that as fires - thank goodness I noticed - No, I don't put my DD in stupidly fast spinney rides on her own...nor do I feed her flames for tea). DH and I decided to get something later to eat on the balcony. We got a table outside where DD pranced around a little while DH ordered the food.

I'm not sure quite what she was doing at this point - looks like meditation but I'm pretty sure it wasn't....

We did get very irritated by a family nearby who insisted on harrassing the ducks. There are signs everywhere saying don't feed them and quite frankly common sense and general understanding of how to behave around wildlife dictates not to let your children chase the poor things. Grrrr. The bloke in the family was even flicking ice cream on the floor - I honestly could have throttled them (not the ducks...) Even DD was getting cross and wanted to stop the girls from chasing the ducks but couldn't work out how to - felt very proud that she was so keen to see justice done though
Thankfully moments like this were few and far between. Phew!

Once DD had finished eating we headed back up to the room. It was on this journey that DD found this in the lift:

This is the handle in lift...and yes, it's a beaver...(it is saved on my computer with the title of Lift Beaver....ahhh it's the small things in life....)

DH and I looked down to find her with her fingers up the beaver's nostrils (that sentence ranks pretty high in the 'sentences I never ever thought I'd type' stakes ) - she was fascinated by this....totally fascinated. Every single time we were in the lift, the fingers were straight up the nostrils. Such a proud moment....

We did some colouring with DD (she adores colouring), then had a story before she went to bed. Unsurprisingly, DH and I sat on the balcony with food from Roaring Forks:
DH: BBQ pulled pork flatbread, magic bar
Me: Chicken nuggets, fries (not fires), S'mores cupcake
The desserts were put in the fridge and saved for the next day. Then it was time for sleep.

One last photo:

Last edited by Scoobymoons; 02-15-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #90
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobymoons View Post
I don't have a clue why DH took a picture of the bus stop sign but I'm sharing it nevertheless....enjoy!

Photobucket
That looks like the type of picture my DH would take. It made me giggle!

Quote:
Here's a quick snap of the Whispering Canyon sign;

Photobucket
I so can't wait to eat here again! Delicious food and fun games for the kids too!

Quote:
We did get very irritated by a family nearby who insisted on harrassing the ducks. There are signs everywhere saying don't feed them and quite frankly common sense and general understanding of how to behave around wildlife dictates not to let your children chase the poor things. Grrrr. The bloke in the family was even flicking ice cream on the floor - I honestly could have throttled them (not the ducks...) Even DD was getting cross and wanted to stop the girls from chasing the ducks but couldn't work out how to - felt very proud that she was so keen to see justice done though
Thankfully moments like this were few and far between. Phew!
I generally don't understand why some people let their kids run willy nilly all over the place but people do it all the time. So feeding the ducks and letting their kids chase after the ducks is no surprise but it still makes me shake my head.

Quote:
Once DD had finished eating we headed back up to the room. It was on this journey that DD found this in the lift:

Photobucket

This is the handle in lift...and yes, it's a beaver...(it is saved on my computer with the title of Lift Beaver....ahhh it's the small things in life....)

DH and I looked down to find her with her fingers up the beaver's nostrils (that sentence ranks pretty high in the 'sentences I never ever thought I'd type' stakes ) - she was fascinated by this....totally fascinated. Every single time we were in the lift, the fingers were straight up the nostrils. Such a proud moment....
I almost fell off my chair laughing at this. I could totally see my DS doing something like this on our last trip (he was 7). And to be honest, he probably would do it still, but that is a boy thing.

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: