Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #61
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Brilliant updates,

Artist Point looks amazing, congratulations on 5 years.

I agree with Vanda, lets see the pic!!

x
Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #62
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

So with DDs obsession with the Mickey and Minnie Wedding Set, you better start saving for the Wedding Pavillion right now
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #63
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

great update and lovely photos.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #64
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Just found your TR and am loving it! Your DD is too cute for words. Where in Berkshire are you from?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #65
queendisney
DIS Veteran

ok I am seriously getting withdrawal symptoms..I need to read more I am finding myself checking twice a day for more as they are just so much fun to read

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #66
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I'm really enjoying your report! Your daughter is lovely.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #67
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

An apology

Hi,
Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

Thanks for all the replies and sorry I haven't responded to them.

On Monday morning my school got the dreaded phonecall to say that Ofsted were arriving on Wednesday and staying for 2 days. That was two days of hell and four days of 17 hours solid work.

Not a fun experience - totally gruelling and exhausting
I have no recollection of what I have even eaten this week so definitely haven't been able to write anything!

My aim is to remedy that situation tonight so please don't give up on me - I haven't deserted the report!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Scoobymoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #68
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

Claire,

I just had to reply to say what a delight I had reading your TR so far. I love reading about WDW from the perspective of others and yours is one of the best so far. I do so hope you don't mind if I join in and read your TR from across the pond?

Some of your phrasing and word usage reminds me so much of my dear grandmother, who still used the "Queen's English" as she called it right up to her last day, even though she had come over right after the war. You revived so many great memories for me tonight - thank you!

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #69
linzdr
Earning My Ears

Lovely report! Those food pics are making me drool slightly (lol). Will check for more updates soon!
linzdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #70
catherinen
Earning My Ears

Hi Claire

I hope Ofsted went ok for you. DH is a headteacher so I sort of feel your pain. Eagerly awaiting more updates when you're feeling re-energised!

Catherine x
catherinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #71
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_uk View Post
Loving your report! That chocolate pudding looked incredible!!
Sorry for the delayed response but yes, it was delicious! Highly recommended!!!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #72
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry blonde View Post
Another great day apart from you forgetting your bra That's the sort of thing I do.

I forgot the boys boxers and shorts one year when they were younger. Never entered my head as they were wearing long swim shorts when I rushed everyone out of the hotel. We had to borrow a couple of TL towels for them to sit on in the car on the way home as they were soaking.

Your DD is getting cuter by the minute
I'm glad it's not just me!! Thanks for lovely comments about DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
love it...

you can tell that the wedding Mickey and Minnie are her pride and joy in that photo.

I do think you really should share your photo from TL though, its only fair!!
Oh yes, her pride and joy - she was slightly obsessed with weddings for the whole holiday. And in terms of the photo...erm...that'll be a....NO!!!
I have very little dignity as it is...that would just be the final straw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Brilliant updates,

Artist Point looks amazing, congratulations on 5 years.

I agree with Vanda, lets see the pic!!

x
Yum....Artist Point...it's just lovely. Thanks for the congrats - it was the perfect way to spend an anniversary

Honestly, the picture has to stay hidden...I would like people to keep reading the report and the photo might just put them off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
So with DDs obsession with the Mickey and Minnie Wedding Set, you better start saving for the Wedding Pavillion right now
Oh blimey....handn't thought of that...mental note to self...stay away from Grand Floridian.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
great update and lovely photos.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Just found your TR and am loving it! Your DD is too cute for words. Where in Berkshire are you from?
Glad you found it Thanks for comments about DD - I think she's cute but I am terribly biased! I'm from Sandhurst...not far from you at all!! Small World! (cue for a song....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
ok I am seriously getting withdrawal symptoms..I need to read more I am finding myself checking twice a day for more as they are just so much fun to read
THANK YOU. You are most kind. Sorry for the temporary desertion. I promise I would rather have been writing than doing Ofsted....grrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
I'm really enjoying your report! Your daughter is lovely.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbell13 View Post
Claire,

I just had to reply to say what a delight I had reading your TR so far. I love reading about WDW from the perspective of others and yours is one of the best so far. I do so hope you don't mind if I join in and read your TR from across the pond?

Some of your phrasing and word usage reminds me so much of my dear grandmother, who still used the "Queen's English" as she called it right up to her last day, even though she had come over right after the war. You revived so many great memories for me tonight - thank you!
Thank you. That's such a lovely thing to say. Please, please feel free to pond-hop as much as you wish!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzdr View Post
Lovely report! Those food pics are making me drool slightly (lol). Will check for more updates soon!
Mmmmm....food. Am planning more writing as soon as I've finished these responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinen View Post
Hi Claire

I hope Ofsted went ok for you. DH is a headteacher so I sort of feel your pain. Eagerly awaiting more updates when you're feeling re-energised!

Catherine x
Thanks for the sympathy Catherine. The whole experience was gruelling and quite frankly horrible but thankfully is over now. I admire anyone who puts themself forward to be a Headteacher Looking forward to writing to send the Ofsted blues away

Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #73
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 4 Part 2: The Fountain of Youth...

A couple of WL piccies by way of apology:

5.8.11 photo DSCF0686.jpg

5.8.11 photo DSCF0691.jpg

Having purchased the Mickey and Minnie wedding set - did I mention that when you press Mickey's foot it gives a full musical rendition of 'Here Comes the Bride'?...oh yes...it's true...and not at all annoying - we headed back to WL, had a drink and replaced absent underwear Oh and of course played 'weddings' repeatedly...

5.8.11 photo DSCF0684.jpg

I discovered at this point that DH knew some rather inappropriate alternative lyrics to the wedding march...how romantic

We decided to pop across to Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day and after a short boat ride we were there. Our first stop was Casey's - while I went to order food, DH and DD went into the shop to find a spot for us to sit. Let's just say DD was somewhat mesmerised by the black and white cartoons....

5.8.11 photo DSCF0714.jpg

We polished off a speciality hotdog meal between us and put the Crackerjack and candyfloss in our bag for later. Once we had peeled DD away from the screen (square eyes child ) we went out onto Main Street. Talk about perfect timing; just as we left Casey's, the afternoon parade was coming up the street. We had a perfect view and decided it would be rude not to stop and watch

The floats were great and all of the dancers seemed to make a beeline for DD - she seems to attract parade people and characters as you will see as the report progresses

Once the parade was done and dusted it was time for some rides so we wandered through to Fantasyland. A trip on the carousel was followed by a spin on the teacups - DH will not touch tea cup style rides with a barge pole whereas....

I promise you I was also in the cup - we did not let a four year old on teacups on her own!!! Blurry proof:

Despite DH's hatred of teacups, DD loves these rides as do I. Who'd have thought it...there is clearly a teacup ride gene...

As soon as we had wobbled off the teacups - I really feel like I have written teacups way too many times now - the heavens opened and there was a torrential downpour. I still can't quite get over how suddenly weather happens in Florida. You can go from 'getting a tan' to 'half drowned' in a matter of seconds...have they not heard of giving people a bit of warning?? I don't know

We dashed over to Tommorowland and went to the People Mover. Now despite having been to WDW three times previously I hadn't been on it - I don't know why, it just hadn't ever happened. So this was a soggy first.... We all really liked it - although I wasn't so chirpy during the Space Mountain section as I'm a total wimp - I'm not scared of the dark but that sense of the unknown gives me the heebie geebies (how the heck do you spell that???!) - DD was fine though - yes, I was shown up by a four year old...

We then used Fast Passes for DH's favourite ride...yes....you guessed it...it's Winnie the Pooh!!!! A true man my DH!!! I love this ride too - it is positively genius. While we were briefly in the FP queue we peered into the new interactive queuing system and whilst it did look good fun, we still didn't think it was worth it for the hour long wait. Fast Passes all the way for us!

Following WTP we had a quick trip on Small World - you've got to love that ride - before zipping back to WL by boat.

DD went straight to bed once we had hugged and kissed her....and wedding Mickey...and wedding Minnie - the things we do for kids!! DH and I sat on the balcony (yay) with a bottle of the rose from the anniversay basket. It was a bit too sweet for us but rather special Afterwards, I went to stretch my legs and popped down to the shop. I bought some postcards (in the vain hope that if we sent them at the beginning of a 3 week holiday there would be a slim chance of them getting home before us...) I also got DH a hoodie that he'd seen and liked on our first day and which was ta da! reduced - what's not to love about a Disney bargain?!?

My journey back to the room took me past the Territory Lounge and as I've been brought up properly and know it is rude to ignore people, I did the polite thing and went in to see the barmaid. While I was there I ordered a Widmer beer for DH and an Ultimate Long Island Ice Tea for me!

Guess where we drank them???...yes, you're right!

I eventually persuaded DH that it was a good idea for him also to be acquainted with Territory Lounge and was feeling proud of myself, until he returned with an enormous grin on his face, pretzels, Moosehead beer for him and, for me...a cocktail called Fountain of Youth....he thought it might help...

Last edited by Scoobymoons; 02-14-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #74
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

great TR so far and I'm pleased it's taking ages for you to write as it may just keep me going until we get back to WDW in 2013! Not far down the road from you either (Hook).

Great pictures and lots of detail, just perfect so please don't hurry too much!
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #75
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Yay the TR continues

I have the same gene as your DH...teacups

You do make me laugh Claire, you have a very talented knack of putting things.

Glad you went for 3 weeks because that means you still have LOTS and LOTS of writing todo.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: