Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #586
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
That's very true. It's a shame it took us 2 years and alot of money to find that out, but at least we did in the end .

It would've been very different if our house wasn't big enough to accommodate our family, etc. We would've kept going with that plan. But it wasn't any of those things, we always loved this house. It was more a "move closer to the city" thing and hey, who doesn't want a beautiful new house right. I've no regrets though, which is a relief .

I'm getting really excited for our trip now. Just need to organise that other pesky trip alot more before we head off on this one. I'm very disorganised.
If you've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, then you're good to go! At least that's what I'm telling myself!!!

I saw that you only 49 sleeps to go which led me to the realisation that we leave in 45 days. Panic!! Oops sorry, I meant to say...I've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, I'm good to go!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise

Last edited by shushh; 10-21-2012 at 08:17 PM.
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #587
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,075

Ms Shuttergirl, can you tell me where you bought the towels from, please? And would they still be on sale?
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #588
kyl
DIS Veteran
 
kyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Wow! You're really trying out a few resorts. How awesome. In particular would love to hear your thoughts on SSR and bay lake tower. Was it you who booked through DVC?

Good luck with all the last minute things before the trip!
Hey shushhh, yes I booked through davids vacation rentals so I will let you alll know how I get on! I hope I have no issues. So far so good though. I have checked my reservation through disney and its all set to go. Yes looking forward to all three resorts and having a fridge etc will be great. Good luck with your house. Looks like it is moving along! My husband built ours and I mean built itEvery brick, tile piece of wood he put in. While we lived in the only two rooms he had left of the orginal house. It was hard going for 12mths but worth it at the end. I often think how lucky we are when the kids have birthdays or we have christmas at ours. Its lovely to share the end result with family and friends
__________________
Disney Dream Cruise 4 night Bahamas Oct 2012
WDW Bay Lake Tower Nov 2012
WDW contempary resort Nov 2012
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #589
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran
 
Ms. Shuttergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
If you've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, then you're good to go! At least that's what I'm telling myself!!!

I saw that you only 49 sleeps to go which led me to the realisation that we leave in 45 days. Panic!! Oops sorry, I meant to say...I've got flights, accomodation and transport sorted, I'm you're good to go!
Well now see Shushh, that's the problem. I haven't booked any of the internal flights, just the to and from international ones. I don't have flights from Canberra yet, I haven't booked DLP accom yet because I want a deal and there aren't any yet. And no transfers/transport. I'm having a little moment and my workload has shot through the roof.

So why am I playing here on the Dis I hear you ask .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Ms Shuttergirl, can you tell me where you bought the towels from, please? And would they still be on sale?
We bought them at Kathmandu Marlea. The items were marked down in the store, not sure if that is all stores though.
__________________


Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #590
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
Hey shushhh, yes I booked through davids vacation rentals so I will let you alll know how I get on! I hope I have no issues. So far so good though. I have checked my reservation through disney and its all set to go. Yes looking forward to all three resorts and having a fridge etc will be great. Good luck with your house. Looks like it is moving along! My husband built ours and I mean built itEvery brick, tile piece of wood he put in. While we lived in the only two rooms he had left of the orginal house. It was hard going for 12mths but worth it at the end. I often think how lucky we are when the kids have birthdays or we have christmas at ours. Its lovely to share the end result with family and friends
I shuddered in fear when I read that! But good for you! What an achievement, and how rewarding it must have felt at the end of it.

I'm going to be lazy here and ask if you made requests with regards to which area you wanted at SSR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Well now see Shushh, that's the problem. I haven't booked any of the internal flights, just the to and from international ones. I don't have flights from Canberra yet, I haven't booked DLP accom yet because I want a deal and there aren't any yet. And no transfers/transport. I'm having a little moment and my workload has shot through the roof.

So why am I playing here on the Dis I hear you ask .
The same reason I am?!??!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #591
kyl
DIS Veteran
 
kyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 595

Yes I asked for the paddock pool area. It looks like a nice pool and a newer section of SSR. We booked a one bedroom villa even though there is five of us. They do allow an extra person at SSR?! but our little fella will sleep with us in the king bed which will be fine. Since he makes his way into our queen sized bed most mornings at home! Yes it was hard work with the build!! Our eldest was going to school (kindergarten) and our second was only 18mths old. Lucky we moved in by the third. I remember at times thinking what have we done....wouldn't do it again. BUT glad we did do it, if that makes sense! Its never ending though there is always something else on the to do list....now he has pulled apart the orginal bathroom downstairs and is re-building that! Its not fun having one toliet up stairs with five in a house hold yikes......ah disney keeps me sane. I dream away about our next adventure and try to ignore the mess etc.
__________________
Disney Dream Cruise 4 night Bahamas Oct 2012
WDW Bay Lake Tower Nov 2012
WDW contempary resort Nov 2012
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #592
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

We’re planning to stay at DVC villas next Dec when we visit WDW. The plan is either AKL, BLT or SSR. I know I can/should research myself but laziness prevails! I know that SSR is quite big and spread out. When we’re there, we’re likely to go the Downtown area so would be interested to hear an Aussies perspective on walking distances/transport from SSR, especially from another family of 5 with similarly aged children!

So I don’t suppose your bathroom will be ready before you leave then...
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #593
kyl
DIS Veteran
 
kyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 595

Sure I will let you know! If you are planning on doing BLT or AKL I would book in as soon as possible as these DVC resorts fill fast! Especially if you want a one bedroom standard. SSR is easy enough because its so big but the other two I would check into how far in advance you can book and do so. We booked BLT right on the dot of being able to I think it was early December last year!!! That was for a booking in early November this year! I know that the standards fill fast within a few weeks of being able to book...as they have the same views as the other villas just that they are on the lower 5 floors. We tried to book AKL for our second week and couldn't get in although we did leave this booking until June this year. All that was available was SSR or OKW. I am happy though as we love downtown disney and will use SSR days for this. Oh goofy candy cane I hear you calling.....
__________________
Disney Dream Cruise 4 night Bahamas Oct 2012
WDW Bay Lake Tower Nov 2012
WDW contempary resort Nov 2012
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #594
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Thanks for the info! Which BLT villa did you get?
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #595
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran
 
Travel Mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,403

Shushh, I have earlier been in contact with David's DVC Rental about renting for December next year, even though now I know for sure we won't be going.
Anyway, for December 13 dates, you can book in January 13. DVC owners can book their home resorts 11 months out and, since you'd be renting from an owner, that makes it possible for you too. The only problem is that I think December dates are hard to get though as that is when a lot of DVC owners go to stay themselves. Good luck though and I'll be keen to know how you go as I'm got my fingers crossed that luck might shine on us to be able to afford to go back the following December. Hope that helps
__________________
************************************************** *************************
Disneyland - September 2014
Walt Disney World - Sep/Oct 2011 our first WDW trip (POR) plus our Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #596
Luisa
Mouseketeer
 
Luisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 401

Just realized its 6 weeks today for me! My final payment for WDW was done on Friday so all I've got left to do is buy my DLR ticket- yay!!
__________________
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #597
kyl
DIS Veteran
 
kyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 595

Hey, we booked a standard one bedroom villa. Travel mum is right about December being really busy! If you book 11mths out though you should be fine. David has a website and on that site he lets you know how long in advance you should book depending on what it is you want and where. I would definately look into it now for next year as you don't want to miss out. As I said before I will let all know if my experience renting through him has gone well. But so far so good it was easy!!!! Can't believe we have four sleeps peoples four sleeps!!!!!!!
__________________
Disney Dream Cruise 4 night Bahamas Oct 2012
WDW Bay Lake Tower Nov 2012
WDW contempary resort Nov 2012
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #598
baf65
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 88

one week to go until we set off for melbourne and 8 days until the long long flight!!
i still wont believe it until im actually standing in Orlando ! still living with the doubt in my mind that things are actually going to work out now!
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #599
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
Shushh, I have earlier been in contact with David's DVC Rental about renting for December next year, even though now I know for sure we won't be going.
Anyway, for December 13 dates, you can book in January 13. DVC owners can book their home resorts 11 months out and, since you'd be renting from an owner, that makes it possible for you too. The only problem is that I think December dates are hard to get though as that is when a lot of DVC owners go to stay themselves. Good luck though and I'll be keen to know how you go as I'm got my fingers crossed that luck might shine on us to be able to afford to go back the following December. Hope that helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
Hey, we booked a standard one bedroom villa. Travel mum is right about December being really busy! If you book 11mths out though you should be fine. David has a website and on that site he lets you know how long in advance you should book depending on what it is you want and where. I would definately look into it now for next year as you don't want to miss out. As I said before I will let all know if my experience renting through him has gone well. But so far so good it was easy!!!! Can't believe we have four sleeps peoples four sleeps!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing the info
I have found an owner who will rent me his points. I just have to work out the type of villas I want, eg at Saratoga springs. Travel mum I hope you get there in 2014. Fingers crossed for you! Kyl I wish I was leaving in days rather than weeks...whoa hold that thought...maybe not. Im not ready!!!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #600
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Just realized its 6 weeks today for me! My final payment for WDW was done on Friday so all I've got left to do is buy my DLR ticket- yay!!
Woohoo!! I always find it a great relief to have final payments made.
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: