Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #481
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Not long for you now dabecs! (rushes off to count number of days til her own trip....) Only 56 sleeps until our trip!!! (I seriously didn't realise it was only that long until I just checked, so excited!).

All our accomm, flights etc for the entire trip are booked now. Got my new passport (changed to married name) in the mail. Starting to look at booking a couple of tours in NY etc, basketball tics for LA, just all the little details! Oh and we need to look up ESTA and visas for Cuba and Mexico *** I have no idea!
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #482
Ozdisneydreamin
Earning My Ears

I love a good countdown. We are at 79
Ozdisneydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #483
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

I think I've still got too many days to start counting

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #484
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Good news today on the DVC member site.

From October 1 through December 31, 2012, DVC Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!

The best part is the 20% discount of the merchandise and includes the paintings in DTD.

The DVC annual pass renewal is $385.00

AP is a 10% merchandise discount. It is worth it to pay the extra $14.00 to get the 20% discount.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #485
shushh
DIS Veteran

I think we're all slowly getting closer to our departure date. It's a little hard reading about all the September folks leaving for their trips. Wish it was me!

ColinA I saw that DVC offer! Wish I had bought some DVC at our last cruise...oh well we'll just keep dreaming...
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #486
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

reading about all these september departures has me rushing off to start counting... 358 days til we leave for our trip

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #487
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
I think we're all slowly getting closer to our departure date. It's a little hard reading about all the September folks leaving for their trips. Wish it was me!

ColinA I saw that DVC offer! Wish I had bought some DVC at our last cruise...oh well we'll just keep dreaming...
You could buy a resale for 25 or 50 points, then you would qualify!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #488
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
reading about all these september departures has me rushing off to start counting... 358 days til we leave for our trip
3 months today and we are outta here!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #489
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Less than 40 days to go

I just pre ordered the photo plus cd - international postage is free! The offer saves $30 which is better in my pocket plus it's another thing done and paid for which feels good!

Was happy to hear the Statue of Liberty is re-opening at the end of Oct, would love to do the climb, but the ticket site isn't allowing bookings yet... I'll keeping checking and hoping

How are the travel plans everyone?

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #490
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, it's getting so close dabecs. Thanks for the heads up on the photopass cd. I will have to get onto that closer too.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #491
IvanovaTC
Earning My Ears

Joining the Aussies in WDW Dec 2012

Hi all,
I'm new to the DISBoards but have been a podcast fan for a couple of years. Taking my DD to New York for 3 days and then 8 glorious days at WDW after Thanksgiving madness is over this year. DD is finishing Year 12 and this trip is instead of the horrible Schoolies thing on the Gold Coast! Did a similar trip with my son 2 years ago and had a blast. This time it is a girlie trip and I can't wait. We've got tickets for a couple of Broadway shows and breakfast with Tigger already booked and an't wait to get to the Poly and relax.
IvanovaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #492
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanovaTC View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the DISBoards but have been a podcast fan for a couple of years. Taking my DD to New York for 3 days and then 8 glorious days at WDW after Thanksgiving madness is over this year. DD is finishing Year 12 and this trip is instead of the horrible Schoolies thing on the Gold Coast! Did a similar trip with my son 2 years ago and had a blast. This time it is a girlie trip and I can't wait. We've got tickets for a couple of Broadway shows and breakfast with Tigger already booked and an't wait to get to the Poly and relax.
I think that is a fantastic alternative to Schoolies. I think I will have to suggest that to my kids when they get to that age.

You will have so much fun with your daughter. Look forward to hearing more.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #493
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanovaTC
Hi all,
Great idea! Instead of schoolies my dad and I went on safari in Africa It was a great daddy/daughter time.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #494
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanovaTC
Hi all,
Wow , what a fantastic idea and so much better than the horrible schoolies stuff. Welcome and enjoy your trip!
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #495
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Less than 40 days to go

I just pre ordered the photo plus cd - international postage is free! The offer saves $30 which is better in my pocket plus it's another thing done and paid for which feels good!

Was happy to hear the Statue of Liberty is re-opening at the end of Oct, would love to do the climb, but the ticket site isn't allowing bookings yet... I'll keeping checking and hoping

How are the travel plans everyone?
Yay!!! That's not very long at all. And good news regarding the Statue of liberty. Good luck with the ticket stalking! I hope you do manage to get some, it was definitely great getting to go up to the crown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanovaTC View Post
Hi all,
What a wonderful thing to do with your DD! And welcome to the boards, you have a fabulous trip planned.

As for me, Iím so behind on everything its not funny. I feel like I never have enough time, and I donít even work full time. Sigh..
Well I canít remember what Iíve posted and what I havenít.

We went ahead and made a reservation for lunch at Le Jules Verne at the Eiffel tower. At 88 euros for a 3 course meal, it isnít too bad when you think about it. Youíd easily pay over $100 here in Australia for a 3 course meal at a decent restaurant. The bonus is that we donít have to buy tickets to get to the 2nd level at the Eiffel Tower. Iíve also bought tickets to see Buffalo Billís Wild West show at Disney Village.

We finalised all our shore excursions including those for Egypt and Israel.

Iím impatiently waiting for the train tickets to be released for sale for our dates so I can buy it and get it over and done with! Need to buy 3 legs.
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: