Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #376
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
I just did a quote on their website for our Honolulu car hire and I agree the all-inclusive prices look good. However it seems that, when you book, you only pay a deposit and then pay the balance when you pick up the car. It said something like the price given today was based on the current Euro-NZ$ conversion. So, that's a bit of a worry because, although the NZ$ is doing well (for us) against the Euro right now, who's to say what it will be doing in January 2013 when I'd pick up the car. Normally our currency gets worse! Hmmm not sure what to do
same here when in hawaii last feb, just take a print out of the total cost and dont let them convince DH that he needs "space shuttle coverage"......

seriously, never ever let DH handle check in at car hire places, they fold re extra insurance like a cheap card table...not pretty..well not pretty afterwards for him
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #377
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl
I just received an advance purchase email for a live stage show of Grinch that Stole Christmas at Madison Square Garden Theatre in December in NYC. I think we have to go, I love that story and to see it performed on stage would be wonderful.

http://www.theateratmsg.com/content/...os/GRINCH.html
I got that email too - very jealous of you going because if doesn't start till after we leave.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #378
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh

Dabecs, can you update my trip details on the 1st post? Its only minor and I seem to be the only going to DLP but you never know! Someone might just be going there at the same time...

We're now leaving on the 6th Dec and we're going to be at the Disneyland Hotel from 12-16 of December.

Thanks!
Done!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #379
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
I got that email too - very jealous of you going because if doesn't start till after we leave.
Well I shall just have to enjoy it twice as much for the both of us. I'll let you know what I thought.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #380
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs

Double digit dance for me today - 99 days to go!!
yay!!! Somehow 132 days to go doesn't quite sound the same!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #381
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just received an advance purchase email for a live stage show of Grinch that Stole Christmas at Madison Square Garden Theatre in December in NYC. I think we have to go, I love that story and to see it performed on stage would be wonderful.

http://www.theateratmsg.com/content/...os/GRINCH.html
That looks really good! I think it'll be awesome! Looking forward to your report on it. I'm getting the promos for the radio city hall Christmas spectacular and so wishing that I could be in NYC
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Old 07-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #382
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum

I just did a quote on their website for our Honolulu car hire and I agree the all-inclusive prices look good. However it seems that, when you book, you only pay a deposit and then pay the balance when you pick up the car. It said something like the price given today was based on the current Euro-NZ$ conversion. So, that's a bit of a worry because, although the NZ$ is doing well (for us) against the Euro right now, who's to say what it will be doing in January 2013 when I'd pick up the car. Normally our currency gets worse! Hmmm not sure what to do
Travel Mum is there an option of paying beforehand? If you're happy doing this and have the money ready, it might be an option?!?
Old 07-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #383
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
That looks really good! I think it'll be awesome! Looking forward to your report on it. I'm getting the promos for the radio city hall Christmas spectacular and so wishing that I could be in NYC
Shushh, did you guys go the the Christmas spectacular last year when you were there?

We have our tickets but I have to say I was a little shocked at how expensive they were and we aren't anywhere near the front . I'm sure it will be worth it though. Very much looking forward to it.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #384
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Shushh, did you guys go the the Christmas spectacular last year when you were there?

We have our tickets but I have to say I was a little shocked at how expensive they were and we aren't anywhere near the front . I'm sure it will be worth it though. Very much looking forward to it.
Yes we did! I LOVED it! Think of 1920s 1930s vaudeville style entertainment modernized. The dancing was incredible
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #385
shushh
DIS Veteran

Ms Shuttergirl I found a special code which let me buy VIP seats at regular prices. We were seated on the 1st row of the mezzanine. And it wasnt cheap but i didn't remember it being super expensive? But the prices have probably increased alot since we've been! I think the stage is so wide and the performance is not centered on 1 person so it's actually better to be a little further back so you can take in the whole stage
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #386
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes we did! I LOVED it! Think of 1920s 1930s vaudeville style entertainment modernized. The dancing was incredible
Quote:
Ms Shuttergirl I found a special code which let me buy VIP seats at regular prices. We were seated on the 1st row of the mezzanine. And it wasnt cheap but i didn't remember it being super expensive? But the prices have probably increased alot since we've been! I think the stage is so wide and the performance is not centered on 1 person so it's actually better to be a little further back so you can take in the whole stage
We are definitely on the mezzanine, I like an elevated position. Perhaps the price is reasonable, it just seemed expensive but really in the scheme of things, as my husband would say:-

"it's just another photo shoot honey" .

I'm gonna need to do a whole lot of photo shoots to pay for these 2 big trips .

Old 07-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #387
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
The others to get a quote from is http://www.uscarhire.com/ also uk based but dollar is doing well against the gb pound!

It also includes all insurance (CDW etc) and included an extra driver for free. might also be worth checking out carrental8.
Found anywhere for a better quote when renting in France?

I've got a quote from Hertz booked through .com.au (on CC req) which was the same price on .com and .com.au but more on .co.uk go figure.
But I'm just wondering if you've found any better places for booking France with?
Only 'restriction' is the car has to be automatic which no...is NOT normal in Europe

YAY for the Euro/AUD
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #388
shushh
DIS Veteran

Yes we too were getting annoyed that 'auto' was always more expensive than manual!!! We ended up going through carhire3000. We got redirected to travel jigsaw. It was the cheapest. Car will be from europcars.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #389
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Yes we too were getting annoyed that 'auto' was always more expensive than manual!!! We ended up going through carhire3000. We got redirected to travel jigsaw. It was the cheapest. Car will be from europcars.
Thanks. Just searched Travel jigsaw. Would save about $50 I guess. Not enough for pre paying with a 3rd party for me I don't think. Not given our previous experience when things go wrong booking through third parties...and that this is the French I'll just keep watching around.
Is there a way (other than logical deduction) to work out which company the car is ultimately coming from before you book though out of curiosity?
Some you can deduce once you're familiar with what companies 'stock' but I would be curious.
Oh and did you buy their excess refund thing? just wondering..
Thanks
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #390
shushh
DIS Veteran

Queenie from memory the provider of the car was revealed from the beginning? I've since gone back to carhire3000 and it looks different from when we booked? We were given the option of only paying the deposit. But if we paid the whole amount them we re able to change dates etc with no penalty, so we did. But we didn't choose the excess option as our travel insurance covers excess for car rental.

Any luck with getting better prices?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: