Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #346
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Today is 5 months before we leave!
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #347
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA
Today is 5 months before we leave!
Yay!!!!👍
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #348
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Thanks! It's a big relief to be honest. Europe isn't the easiest when it comes to finding accommodation for large groups with mobility issues. Think no lift, narrow stairs, tiny rooms...arghh!!! But it's done!

I'm planning to continue my blog and DLP is close to the beginning so no one has to wade through our whole trip before getting to the Disney bit!
You really have done such an amazing job organising this trip Shushh. If you get time it would be great to see your itinerary again with links to the accom chosen, etc. I know you probably don't have time now but as you get closer it would be great to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Thats a huge saving!!

You know my thoughts on Disney resorts - although I didnt ever see this resort I know you are going to love it at POFQ - and unless you are a regular visitor - you are not going to be spending much time at the resort anyway.
This is so true. I know we won't spend alot of time there and in the end this was what won out. It just takes me a day or 2 to digest change .

I'm all good now and can't wait.

Quote:
You know Ms Shuttergirl, the exact same thoughts were going through my head as the 2013 dates were released today and I was going to try to do some 'maths'. I too am planning for free dining to be offered, and was thinking about split stays as we wanted to try different resorts. We really enjoyed the boardwalk last time. But like you've pointed out, that means we miss out on the dining bit when/if we move. Sigh...I do understand what you mean by it being a strange sort of blessing. We will probably end up in exact the same boat next year!

An option though that I'm tossing up, is renting a villa at one of the luxury resorts via DVC for the last 3 nights. These we'd use for our non-Disney days eg universal, outlet shopping when we're unlikely to dine within Disney property anyway. Perhaps this might work for you? I'm not sure what a availability would be like for December. From memory, you have to make reservations either 7 or 11 months out.
Hey Shushh - good suggestions but I must say I've had time to process it all and since we won't arrive until very late the first night, AKL was probably wasted on us that night. Then we only had 4 more nights there and were heading to POFQ for the remaining 6. It's not alot to give up for the free dining and additional savings and not having to pack the room up now will be nice. We will definitely go over to AKL and perhaps have a breakfast at Boma which we so enjoyed last time. That way I can check the resort out, take beautiful pics of the big tree and feel like I still got to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Wow! What an amazing saving. That's almost enough for another trip! AKL?
Hahahaha, I like the way you think. That money will now go into paying for our accom at Disneyland Paris since I really really would love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel there but wasn't sure I could stomach the "unbelievable" cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
Very little left in the DVC options for December. Have been down this path with Shuttergirl already! LOL
I'm such a disappointment Colin, I know

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #349
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post

I'm such a disappointment Colin, I know

Haha, just don't let Queenie get to you!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #350
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very little left in the DVC options for December. Have been down this path with Shuttergirl already! LOL
Colin, is that normal for December? Not the Christmas end but the first two weeks?
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #351
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
Colin, is that normal for December? Not the Christmas end but the first two weeks?
I did a search from 1st December to the 10th, the Boardwalk, Beach Club, BLT fully booked.

Animal Kingdom and Saratoga Springs had a night or two. I also checked the one bedrooms and much the same.

We book our home resort BWV at the 11 month window to the minute starting 14th December and through Christmas to make sure we get our lake view.

At the 7 month window you would have a good chance of getting DVC for the first week of December as long as you are free with the resort selection.

Last edited by ColinA; 07-16-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #352
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Thanks Colin - that is very helpful
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #353
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Haha, just don't let Queenie get to you!
Given I haven't uttered a word...what made this necessary? Useful? or helpful in ANY way?
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #354
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Given I haven't uttered a word...what made this necessary? Useful? or helpful in ANY way?
Where's your sense of humour! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2897714&page=3
Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #355
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Ms Shuttergirl - POFQ looks gorgeous and was my first choice before we decided a villa would suit us better than 2 rooms. I look forward to your photos around the resort. Free dining is a great money saver and and this way you don't have to pack mid trip which is a bonus too

I just purchased insurance through Travel Insurance Direct - they gave a good price and have unlimited medical cover which is the most important part. Another thing to tick off my list

I am researching shoes at the moment for the girls and myself (hubby wears Nike free runs so he is going to wear his current pair and buy another pair over there), but I don't know which way to go. I am planning on buying a pair of Crocs Cleo (mentioned heavily in a recent Aussie thread on footwear) they are a sandal style and very comfortable. I also want another pair so I can swap around a bit, something in a mary jane style but with a runner sole so I can wear them with pants or a skirt but they will be good for walking.

Any suggestions?

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #356
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Ms Shuttergirl - POFQ looks gorgeous and was my first choice before we decided a villa would suit us better than 2 rooms. I look forward to your photos around the resort. Free dining is a great money saver and and this way you don't have to pack mid trip which is a bonus too

I just purchased insurance through Travel Insurance Direct - they gave a good price and have unlimited medical cover which is the most important part. Another thing to tick off my list

I am researching shoes at the moment for the girls and myself (hubby wears Nike free runs so he is going to wear his current pair and buy another pair over there), but I don't know which way to go. I am planning on buying a pair of Crocs Cleo (mentioned heavily in a recent Aussie thread on footwear) they are a sandal style and very comfortable. I also want another pair so I can swap around a bit, something in a mary jane style but with a runner sole so I can wear them with pants or a skirt but they will be good for walking.

Any suggestions?
The Cleo's are AMAZING!!!!!! I don't have other suggestions but as a fragile/blister ridden/foot challenged person I can 100% vouch for Cleo's.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #357
shushh
DIS Veteran

All this talk about shoes makes me feel like I need to buy some! Going to check out the cleos now!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #358
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
It was removed by having EVERY best intention in trying to inform and help the MOST people ripped to pieces by the selfishness of one...
Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #359
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Thanks! It's a big relief to be honest. Europe isn't the easiest when it comes to finding accommodation for large groups with mobility issues. Think no lift, narrow stairs, tiny rooms...arghh!!! But it's done!

I'm planning to continue my blog and DLP is close to the beginning so no one has to wade through our whole trip before getting to the Disney bit!
That IS an achievement.

I still don't know if I'll need it so can't review them...but I've found a couple of places in nice areas with up to 3 bed apartments in London now. They are out there but you do need to hunt hunt hunt...
All I was looking for was something more than a double bed...I wanted a KING!!!! And a bath

Really looking forward to your report.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #360
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

MVMCP - link for those going

Came across this link in another thread. Gives you the low down on the party and if you scroll down it shows you the best way to maximise your night.

http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/is-20...orth-the-cost/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: