Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #286
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I've been working on our day to day plans. Booked our first lunch at Crystal Palace. Wanted to eat at T-REX another night but only time available is 10pm!!! Thinking I'm not going to get a few other bookings I wanted but I will see what happens (the downside of staying off-site). We're not that into big meals so will eat mainly in our room or counter-service.
Seeing as ticket prices go up on Sunday I got our passes today. I've spent nearly all day here on the boards reading and researching :-).
Still trying to decide what do to for our 20th wedding anniversary on the 5th Dec. At this stage thinking of an early morning balloon flight (never done one before), hanging out at Disney quest and then dinner in the castle (if I can get a table - doubtful), and Illuminations cruise (again provided I can get one) or lastly La Nouba. Anyone got any great ideas?
Oh, we've also decided go swim with the mantees on day.

dabecs - your girls will love Annie. I took my girls in Jan and they were singing the songs for days. Get the movie to watch beforehand if you can.
Libby, from memory, it is possible that you could get an ADR with TRex direct that you can not get through Disney Dining. They only release a small number of bookings to Disney Dining and keep a large number of bookings for themselves for those who book direct.

So you may be able to call TRex direct and get the time you want.

I found it easy to get illuminations and wishes cruises when I wanted. I had an amazing cake delivered to the wishes cruise which is an idea for your anniversary. I did call early for the cruises, but didn't have any trouble getting the dates I wanted over our three week trip.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #287
Libby
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback. I'll call T-REX and see I can get a booking. Good to know you had no trouble getting a cruise booked. And love the idea of getting a cake.

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #288
AussiePossum
Disneyland 2009 & Disney Paris 2012

[QUOTE

the only things i need to buy that i have not yet is the FE gifts and our actual FE. still trying to decide whether i want to make a FE or just buy one...[/QUOTE]

Hi alicia1506...

If you have time make the FE as it is more personal and it can reflect your personality. Have they given you a list of the people yet? There is also a thread about FE crafts and ideas on here as well. I came across it a while back because so many people were mentioning FE and I didn't know what it was, so I looked into it. Got to love Google at times.... But on cruises, FE is a really big deal.

For me I have new plans in place since I had to cancel ours to WDW. When hubby gets a job (which should be really soon), I'm using some of the money from our canceled trip and taking my mum to France. She is over the moon and is already packed. I've had some really negative comments about this but hubby thinks it's a great idea and is pushing for me to go.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #289
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

Do it! If you have the opportunity, take it.
You never know when your health or your mum's will prevent you from travelling.
(Just my two cents worth.)

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #290
AussiePossum
Disneyland 2009 & Disney Paris 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangarucci View Post
Do it! If you have the opportunity, take it.
You never know when your health or your mum's will prevent you from travelling.
(Just my two cents worth.)
Thank you Kangarucci.. I actually had 2 people tell me what a selfish (beep) I am for still going overseas without hubby and the kids. Which really surprised me. I really want to do something nice for my mum (I can still remember the "teenage years") and it is her dream to see Southern France so we leave in 11 weeks. But we are not going to Paris Disney.. That was one request by hubby and the kids.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #291
shushh
DIS Veteran

AussiePossum, good for you! What a nice thing to do for your mum. I don't think its selfish at all. Kangarucci is right, you never know what will happen in the future so take the opportunity when you can. And if hubby wants you to go, then who cares what anyone else thinks!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #292
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer

I can understand about not going to DLP. I would feel like I had betrayed my husband and girls if I went without them.

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #293
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Aussiepossum - I love the saying "Other people's opinions of me are none of my business". So as long as you and hubby are happy then that's all the matters

I booked our passes to the 9/11 memorial in NY today. I know I could have left it till later but it was another thing I can now tick off my list as done and I don't have to worry about it anymore. I went to the World Trade Towers when I was about 6 and have photos of me o the viewing deck, now I will be taking my 6 year old to a vastly different site. I think it will be very moving and (although it doesn't sound right said this way) I am really looking forward to being there. I have downloaded the associated app onto my iPhone today too.

Things are falling in to place, I will be happy when all of the concrete details are settled so I can have fun tinkering with the fine details (or should I say the most important ones - like eating and shopping).

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #294
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

re travel without family...the joys of..

I did a round the world with a mate (who is a guy) in 2008, and the Uk/scotland in 2010 with the same friend..DH stayed at home..

we may do Japan and Russia next, as we have the same interests and stamina....Dh does not

people dont understand, but i dont care, its my life and i'll do what I want.
As long as the DH is happy, then all is right with the world
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #295
Beee
Mouseketeer

Aussiepossum, sounds like it will be a great holiday, in a similar vein to the others one of my favourite sayings is "you can't please everyone so you may as well please yourself". This trip to DL & Hawaii is actually our first real family holiday because DP usually gets left at home - he likes working, I don't lol. I am looking forward to DD getting a bit older so we can do Europe together as DP has no interest, he has said he will go with me but its a lot of money for someone not to be that into it.

As for this trip, I feel like I have done nothing for weeks and I haven't really. The bank account has recovered from the DL ticket purchases but I have been hoping the dollar will go up a bit and being a bit indecisive about our DL accommodation - do I want to book DLH for the 5 nights and forget about how much it costs or stay a few nights somewhere cheaper and just do DLH for a couple of nights. Will probably book later this week so I can at least say to myself I have done something about the trip recently. Almost 6 months to go! think I will be more excited and focused once I have packed DD off for her exchange trip to Noumea next month - still have a lot to organise for that.

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #296
Beee
Mouseketeer

ok so I just psyched myself up for it and booked DLH for 5 nights, that total was alot of money! My workmate who is going next month started to tell me how much their Park Vue room cost and I was like lalalala I don't want to knoooow! (I think I heard $100 per night...)

Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #297
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee View Post
ok so I just psyched myself up for it and booked DLH for 5 nights, that total was alot of money! My workmate who is going next month started to tell me how much their Park Vue room cost and I was like lalalala I don't want to knoooow! (I think I heard $100 per night...)
But we travel so far, spend so much money getting there..whats an extra $$ to have the BEST DISNEY EXPERIENCE........Priceless...

its all or nothing ladies!

Go hard or go home....

A bird in the hand..oops...wrong thread
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #298
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

we have 8 nights at the desert inn & suites and then 3 nights at the disneyland hotel...

the 8 night stay... a fraction of the price of the 3 nights, but ... we get to stay onsite and experience the extra magic that's so worth the price to me !!!!!

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #299
Beee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
But we travel so far, spend so much money getting there..whats an extra $$ to have the BEST DISNEY EXPERIENCE........Priceless...

its all or nothing ladies!

Go hard or go home....
totally, now seeing the total on the screen is a distant memory (after the afternoon I had at work it seems like days ago!) I am so excited to stay there and get the total disney experience. Now I just need to find a good deal for our LA accommodation for it to balance out a bit!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #300
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Still haven't booked my airfare (struggling with waiting to see if any good deals come out or just go with the Delta/Virgin fare I've been looking at - MEL,NYC,LAX,MEL for $1694). I have though just book WDW with a bit of a change to my original itinerary. I'm now booked at AOA from the 12th to the 17th December, then I'll fly to Anaheim early on the 17th and have that afternoon and most of the 18th at Disneyland and CA before flying home that night.

Now to plan which days at which park as I've decided not to go with park hoppers for a short trip. I'm thinking a day and a half at EPCOT, morning at AK then shopping at DD for the rest of that day, then one day each for the other parks. Still debating whether or not I go to MVMCP - is it worth it for the parade and fireworks? I've worked out its better value to buy a 7 day WDW ticket and use two of the days for DLR than buy separate tickets for each. My only real worry is do I spend the 17th at DLR and see the fireworks or at CA for World of Color?

Decisions, decisions....thank goodness I'm travelling on my own, if I was having to make a plan to include someone else I think I'd go mad!!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: