Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #271
Libby
Mouseketeer

I'm lucky that DH is his own boss :-). We had originally planned a 3 week trip but I've managed to stretch it out a few extra days. Now we're going to have 2 days at Universal after our cruise (which is after WDW). Have you started working on your day to day plans yet?

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #272
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We are leaving on Sat 24th November and departing on the 18th Dec (arriving Syd on the 20th).
Lucky you got the flights cheaper. We leave 14th Dec and the prices have only gone up.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 03:18 AM   #273
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm lucky that DH is his own boss :-). We had originally planned a 3 week trip but I've managed to stretch it out a few extra days. Now we're going to have 2 days at Universal after our cruise (which is after WDW). Have you started working on your day to day plans yet?
lol. that is lucky.. we have extra time up our sleeve but we don't want to fall behind at work - lucky for your hubby he is his own boss..

we stretched ours one extra day

we have some pretty specific day to day plans for the cruise (for part of each day anyway) and some specific activities for some days (i want a spa treatment, cruise excursions, palo, remy etc) but the rest of our trip, we're going to take mostly day by day to determine when we want to do certain things... we may have to lock in some more specific activities ie tours, excursions, but the stuff around that will be more of a free-flow activity

i'm incredibly OCD about the logistical planning, but carlo is very strict about the 'go with the flow' style of planning... although i have some specific plans about which parks to visit each day

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #274
Beee
Mouseketeer

we're under a bit of time constraints too - if it wasn't for meeting up with my entire family in Hawaii the week before Christmas we would not be going in December - my busiest month at work and not much better for DP, as it is we arrive back at 6am on the 26th and he will be off to work 3 hrs later...

I'm a planner and DP is not, lucky he is very easy going and will just do whatever I have planned. I am trying to just make vague plans for most of our time so we have plenty of time to relax and go with the flow but we only have 2 days in LA after disneyland and lots on the list so they will be busy days. I am just starting to nut out a basic plan of attack for that now so I know what the best options are for accommodation.

I feel the need to book and get everything organised as so far have only done flights, insurance and my AP - there is still so much more to pay for and 6 mths will fly by...

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #275
AussiePossum
Disneyland 2009 & Disney Paris 2012

Hi Guys...

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all the well wishes that you sent. After much discussion we have decided to cancel the holiday as we felt that letting new potential employers know about a 4.5 week holiday may be a deal breaker in this economy. Especially if DH finds contract work (he works in the computer industry and his software programs have been used here and overseas).

On the upside, we are now going next year so its back to counting for me (525 days to go) and as my brother pointed out to me - the majority of the fantasyland extensions should be completed. I will look into all the details later on.

I wish everyone a wonderful and magical time on your (very soon) upcoming holiday and I would love details on what was good etc about your trips. Are you allowed to say FB names and email addresses?

Enjoy and have a wonderful time....

Poss
Old 05-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #276
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Aussiepossum - it sounds like you are feeling at peace with this decision and that is the main thing. As much as I adore holidays, permanent employment is obviously the priority so I think you have made a good call.

And now you get to start your planning all over again, and we all know the planning is nearly as much fun as the trip

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #277
DisneyGirlInOz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePossum View Post
Hi Guys...

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all the well wishes that you sent. After much discussion we have decided to cancel the holiday as we felt that letting new potential employers know about a 4.5 week holiday may be a deal breaker in this economy. Especially if DH finds contract work (he works in the computer industry and his software programs have been used here and overseas).

On the upside, we are now going next year so its back to counting for me (525 days to go) and as my brother pointed out to me - the majority of the fantasyland extensions should be completed. I will look into all the details later on.

I wish everyone a wonderful and magical time on your (very soon) upcoming holiday and I would love details on what was good etc about your trips. Are you allowed to say FB names and email addresses?

Poss
Well done on your decision. It is a hard one to make. We were in this situation and had to postpone for a year later. It worked out for the best as we got to do even more
April 2011 - Disneyland @ Off Site
May 2011 - Disneyworld @ Contemporary
May 2011 - Disneyworld @ Boardwalk Inn & 7 weeks travelling around the USA

Planning for:
November 2012 - The obsession continues: Planning for Disneyworld

Disney: Been there, done that, going back!!
DisneyGirlInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #278
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePossum View Post
Hi Guys...

Poss
this sounds like you've made the best decision for you and your family and your current circumstances... sad for you that you're not going this year but so happy that this decision is one that suits your family and that you get the joy of planning another trip for next year...

and who knows... maybe it will be an even bigger trip next year

Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #279
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Just booked my girls into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! In the Castle on our last full park day - and after the make over we dine with the princesses at CRT

Can't wait to see their faces when they spin around in the chair!

Aussipossum - that is a really tough decision you have had to make. And I know it sounds cliche but the next 12 months will fly by - and you will enjoy the holiday so much more when you feel financially secure.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #280
Libby
Mouseketeer

Poss - you've done the best thing for your DH and family. We had to postpone a trip to the UK for a year because of work concerns. You do what needs to be done and what will ensure a wonderful trip when you eventually get to have it. Hugs to your family.

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #281
Libby
Mouseketeer

dabecs - what a wonderful treat for you girls. I'm rather sad my girls are too old for that now (being 10 and 13) but they were lucky enough to dine at CRT when they were 3 and 5, and had their hair done at DL when they were 5 and 7. I'm sure I'm going to feel a bit nostalgic seeing all the little princesses at the parks :-).

Old 06-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #282
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
dabecs - what a wonderful treat for you girls. I'm rather sad my girls are too old for that now (being 10 and 13) but they were lucky enough to dine at CRT when they were 3 and 5, and had their hair done at DL when they were 5 and 7. I'm sure I'm going to feel a bit nostalgic seeing all the little princesses at the parks :-).
Thanks - I can't wait to see their faces!

Has anyone made any more plans? Bookings? I haven't done anything travel related for a while, but you know when you are pregnant and start nesting? Hubby and I are both getting like that about our trip! We are having house sitters stay here to look after our dog and so we are both trying to get the house ready for other people to live in. Hubby fixed the doggy door which has needed doing forever and I am decluttering like mad and cleaning out cupboards etc to make more room.

I went and saw Annie which I loved so much I have bought tickets to take my girls in July! I bet they will love it - and they have never seen the movie so it will be a totally new story for them

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #283
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Thanks - I can't wait to see their faces!

Has anyone made any more plans? Bookings? I haven't done anything travel related for a while, but you know when you are pregnant and start nesting? Hubby and I are both getting like that about our trip! We are having house sitters stay here to look after our dog and so we are both trying to get the house ready for other people to live in. Hubby fixed the doggy door which has needed doing forever and I am decluttering like mad and cleaning out cupboards etc to make more room.

I went and saw Annie which I loved so much I have bought tickets to take my girls in July! I bet they will love it - and they have never seen the movie so it will be a totally new story for them
i am holding off on our domestic flights from lax - mco return as our preferred carrier (southwest) has yet to release our dates... other than that, and the insurance and our spending money/food money etc, everything else has been booked/paid for.

the only things i need to buy that i have not yet is the FE gifts and our actual FE. still trying to decide whether i want to make a FE or just buy one...

Old 06-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #284
ColinA
DIS Veteran

December hours for WDW now released on the official site.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #285
Libby
Mouseketeer

I've been working on our day to day plans. Booked our first lunch at Crystal Palace. Wanted to eat at T-REX another night but only time available is 10pm!!! Thinking I'm not going to get a few other bookings I wanted but I will see what happens (the downside of staying off-site). We're not that into big meals so will eat mainly in our room or counter-service.
Seeing as ticket prices go up on Sunday I got our passes today. I've spent nearly all day here on the boards reading and researching :-).
Still trying to decide what do to for our 20th wedding anniversary on the 5th Dec. At this stage thinking of an early morning balloon flight (never done one before), hanging out at Disney quest and then dinner in the castle (if I can get a table - doubtful), and Illuminations cruise (again provided I can get one) or lastly La Nouba. Anyone got any great ideas?
Oh, we've also decided go swim with the mantees on day.

dabecs - your girls will love Annie. I took my girls in Jan and they were singing the songs for days. Get the movie to watch beforehand if you can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: