Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #256
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Sugarglider - we are staying at SSR too, we needed something with 2 bedrooms (living area, kitchen and washer/dryer were a big bonus) that wasn't too expensive. Having never been there I have no real idea of how far away from everything it is but I am looking forward to the spread out quiet vibe people say it has.

Well all my ADRs are made! I had to get CRT for lunch on our last park day rather than dinner because when I put in dinner it kept saying their was an error and please check the time. So I went for lunch instead which I have now decided will be better. On that day the Main St Electrical Parade is scheduled to run at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm, I would love to go and watch them so if we go to CRT for lunch we can go back to the resort for a rest before heading back to MK for our last night.

I feel so relieved to have everything booked - and I got every restaurant we wanted at good times. Hope everytone elses ADRs are sprinkled with Pixie dust.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #257
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Congrats Dabecs! All done! (now just have to wait until time to go......)

A villa is a good choice for multiple bedrooms. off to SSR and the horsey theme!
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #258
Libby
Mouseketeer

Just booked our flights. Am so happy - we got flights to Orlando with Qantas and United for $1533 each!!! Just a few weeks ago I was quoted around $2,200 to go with Qantas. DH said 6 months out was the magic time period and he was right. So the trip is definitely going ahead now. So far we have our flights, accomodation for 14 nights at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and our RCCL cruise booked. Need to get on with day to day planning so I can book any dining we require.

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #259
AussiePossum
Disneyland 2009 & Disney Paris 2012

Hi Everyone...

I am feeling absolutely devastated at the moment... After 648 days of thinking, dreaming, planning and PAYING for our trip.. I think I have to cancel... Hubby has come home saying he is now retrenched from his job that he has been in for the last 16 years and I know that he won't have a problem getting another job but it's just the timing.... When he starts his new job there won't be any leave available. Every thing is so up in the air at present. I feel like I am in limbo.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #260
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePossum View Post
Hi Everyone...

I am feeling absolutely devastated at the moment... After 648 days of thinking, dreaming, planning and PAYING for our trip.. I think I have to cancel... Hubby has come home saying he is now retrenched from his job that he has been in for the last 16 years and I know that he won't have a problem getting another job but it's just the timing.... When he starts his new job there won't be any leave available. Every thing is so up in the air at present. I feel like I am in limbo.

that sucks....good luck with the job hunt, it must be "restructuring" time....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #261
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone...

omg hon, i'm so sad for you. i have my fingers crossed that a new job comes along soon -- hopefully they will honor the leave for your trip...

same thing happened to my brother, got 'retrenched' on the same day his son was born, 2 months ago. he's been on stacks of interviews and still nothing...

sending lots of and good thoughts into the universe for you
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #262
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone...

I hope your DH finds a job really quickly.
Some employers are great and will still let you have the leave but unpaid that's what DH is doing he only started his new job in March and they were fine with our trip because it was already booked just concerned for him that he would have no income for that time.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #263
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone...

I am so so sorry this has happened to you and your family. It must feel very overwhelming at the moment. I agree with the others that perhaps he will find a new job very quickly with an understanding employer. Fingers crossed for you.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #264
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Hi Everyone...

So sorry to hear this I can just imagine how shattered you are both feeling right now. I really hope that your DH finds a new job very, very soon!!

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #265
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

The December 2012 WDW park times are out on the travel agents operating calendar. Here is the link for those who are interested:-

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_dec.pdf

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #266
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Hi Everyone...

Hugs hugs and more hugs!

My husband started a new job just after Easter and his new employer was happy for him to take leave but it will be without pay - hope your husband can find a new job quickly and his new employer is understanding.

Hugs again!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #267
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

so.. paid for our flights today. we're definitely locked into our dates. and that means almost all our expenses are paid except our insurance, esta, internal flights, disney accomododation (that is paid when we check in) and spending/food money. woot!!

and we just realised that we're coming back on 12.12.12. woohoo.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #268
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Just booked our flights. Am so happy - we got flights to Orlando with Qantas and United for $1533 each!!! Just a few weeks ago I was quoted around $2,200 to go with Qantas. DH said 6 months out was the magic time period and he was right. So the trip is definitely going ahead now. So far we have our flights, accomodation for 14 nights at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and our RCCL cruise booked. Need to get on with day to day planning so I can book any dining we require.
What dates are you flying.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #269
Libby
Mouseketeer

We are leaving on Sat 24th November and departing on the 18th Dec (arriving Syd on the 20th).

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #270
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We are leaving on Sat 24th November and departing on the 18th Dec (arriving Syd on the 20th).
wow... those are close to our dates. we fly out fri 23rd november and come back wed 12th dec, arriving bne on 14th.

hope you enjoy your 4 week trip..we could only afford time off for 3 weeks away from work..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: