Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #226
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Beginning to hear some more about your trip, itinerary, plans
Hehehe...I know your're waiting!
We've decided to keep it simple and stick to travelling straight down from Paris into Italy towards Rome.
Dec 6 Paris along with 3 days at DLP
Dec 16 Skiing
Dec 23 Turin
Dec 25 Milan
Dec 28 Venice
Jan 2 Bologna
Jan 4 Florence
Jan 10 Rome
Jan 12 Cruise
Jan 23 Fly home

It seems as though are incapable of travelling in small groups. From Venice onwards we will have DH's parents join us. For the cruise, my parents, my aunt and my brother will also be joining us! It will definitely be interesting!

I am also trying to wrap my head around our Dec 2013 Fantasy cruise. Somehow, we now have a total of 22 cruisers. No problems right. I should be a pro at this by now...
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #227
baf65
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
I've updated the OP Where are you staying?

Aussiepossum - I have decided on the 15th as well, I am going to buy our tickets this week. I realised we arrive on the day of the last Halloween party (Nov 2) but we will get in late after a long flight so we won't be able to do it which is sad because it would have been fun.

When will the Halloween decorations come down?
I am veering towards Windsor Hills, we will definitely be staying off site, unless some SUPER deal comes out for a disney property. But I much prefer the idea of having my own 'house'. To throw a spanner in the works my parents have made a suggestion of meeting us there (from UK) and i dont think they would be able to pound the parks as often as us so I have to consider if they do come should we stay somewhere they can do stuff if they dont want to come to the parks...so another option is Floridays

I think the 15th would be the day we would do the MVMCP as well!! Or possibly the 9th. I almost shed a tear watching the video of it on the Disney site last night...!!!
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #228
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Hehehe...I know your're waiting!
We've decided to keep it simple and stick to travelling straight down from Paris into Italy towards Rome.
Dec 6 Paris along with 3 days at DLP
Dec 16 Skiing
Dec 23 Turin
Dec 25 Milan
Dec 28 Venice
Jan 2 Bologna
Jan 4 Florence
Jan 10 Rome
Jan 12 Cruise
Jan 23 Fly home

It seems as though are incapable of travelling in small groups. From Venice onwards we will have DH's parents join us. For the cruise, my parents, my aunt and my brother will also be joining us! It will definitely be interesting!

I am also trying to wrap my head around our Dec 2013 Fantasy cruise. Somehow, we now have a total of 22 cruisers. No problems right. I should be a pro at this by now...
That looks like one amazing trip Shussh. Will you be hiring a car to get from city to city or travelling via train?

Would love to hear your thoughts on places to stay in Paris, Rome, Venice and Florence. Are you thinking hotels, holiday rentals, B&B's etc?

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #229
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf65 View Post
I am veering towards Windsor Hills, we will definitely be staying off site, unless some SUPER deal comes out for a disney property. But I much prefer the idea of having my own 'house'. To throw a spanner in the works my parents have made a suggestion of meeting us there (from UK) and i dont think they would be able to pound the parks as often as us so I have to consider if they do come should we stay somewhere they can do stuff if they dont want to come to the parks...so another option is Floridays

I think the 15th would be the day we would do the MVMCP as well!! Or possibly the 9th. I almost shed a tear watching the video of it on the Disney site last night...!!!
If your parents are coming from the UK Disney has really great deals, very often room discount and free dining combined. I think you could all book the deal (not just your parents). Have a look at the Disney site at the international part and have a look at the specials. And maybe contact a UK Disney travel agent to check..

We are going with 4 adults 2 kids (my parents are coming) and we are getting the 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga to give us some more space, they look very nice and they have a full kitchen and washer/dryer etc.

Good luck

Looks like there will be quite a lot of us at MVMCP ont he 15th!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #230
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

I started a seperate thread to try to get some more opinions but I want to also post it here so that everything is contained in the Nov/Dec thread. This is my list of ADRs I am hoping for - the times in red are bookings I have laready made

Nov 2 (Friday) - arrive

Nov 3 (Saturday) - Downtown Disney Dinner @1900 Park Fare 5:35pm

Nov 4 (Sunday) - Animal Kingdom Breakfast @ Tusker 9:15am

Nov 5 (Monday) - Epcot Lunch @ Arkershus 12:00pm

Nov 6 (Tuesday) - Magic Kingdom Dinner @ Ohana 6:30pm

Nov 7 (Wednesday) - Hollywood Studios Dinner @ Sci Fi 4:45pm

Nov 8 (Thursday) - Rest Day [COLOR="blue"]Breakfast @ Chef Mickey 10:00am
Dinner @ Whispering Canyon 6:20pm

Nov 9 (Friday) - Magic Kingdom Lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern 12:30pm

Nov 10 (Saturday) - Kennedy Space Centre

Nov 11 (Sunday) - Oulet mall shopping Dinner @ Raglan Road 6:00pm

Nov 12 (Monday) - Animal Kingdom Lunch @ Yak and Yeti 1pm

Nov 13 (Tuesday) - Epcot Dinner @ Coral Reef 5:20pm

Nov 14 (Wednesday) - revisit any park we want/Rest day Dinner @ T-Rex 5pm

Nov 15 (Thursday) - Magic Kingdom Dinner @ Crystal Palace 4:30pm Mickey's VM Christmas Party

Nov 16 (Friday) - Hollywood Studios Lunch @'50s prime time 12:05pm

Nov 17 (Saturday) - Magic Kingdom Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Lunch @ Cinderella's Royal Table. 12:20pm

Nov 18 (Sunday) - depart

I have had no luck so far booking online, I could book a restaurant that was 180 days away but it would not recognise my accommodation booking so I couldn't book my +10. I rang last night and made my first week of ADRs but I don't want to have to ring Florida every night so not sure if I will ring again in a few days or just wait for 180 days out for each restaurant and book online that way.

I am happy to be flexible with times and I was listening to a WDW podcast with Len Testa (from Touring Plans) who was talking about how many days before you had to book each restaurant and most you could still get a table a few weeks out without any trouble. Obviously Cinderella's RT is the big one but I want a booking for lunch and would be quite happy to have lunch anytime from 11:30am to 3:00pm so that should help.

Has everyone else started choosing restaurants and park days?

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/

Last edited by dabecs; 05-12-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #231
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Hi!

I hope it's ok that I come and join you in here. Some of you probably saw my other post about my trip, we're intending to head over the US on the 8th Nov, returning on the 19th Dec! I love reading everyone's plans and thought I'd throw myself in here.

Belinda
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #232
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Just bought my Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets for Thursday 13 December. Woohoo. I am super excited for this party .

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #233
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy32 View Post
Hi!

I hope it's ok that I come and join you in here. Some of you probably saw my other post about my trip, we're intending to head over the US on the 8th Nov, returning on the 19th Dec! I love reading everyone's plans and thought I'd throw myself in here.

Belinda
Welcome Belinda. Saw your post about the free dining. Can't help you as we always arrive at WDW around the 15th Dec.
ColinA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #234
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Just bought my Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets for Thursday 13 December. Woohoo. I am super excited for this party .
Last weekend we bought our tickets for the 18th Dec.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #235
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy32 View Post
Hi!

Belinda
added to the OP. Will you be at DL or WDW?

I was just able to link my dining plan to my reservation online so I managed to make two more bookings! I've added them in to my post above - Yak and Yeti on the 12/11 and Coral Reef on the 13/11.

Only a few more days that need booking (including the big one - CRT) but so far I have got everything I wanted and I am super excited about actually eating at these places I have read so much about

Congrats to everyone who has bought their MVMCP tickets!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #236
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

It is done now - I rented DVC points but the only accommodation I could get was SSR! so into SSR that first week of Dec and then spending my last few days at VWL with friends.
Got a great deal on a studio - but can't believe DVC members points rooms are all booked out!
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #237
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider View Post
It is done now - I rented DVC points but the only accommodation I could get was SSR! so into SSR that first week of Dec and then spending my last few days at VWL with friends.
Got a great deal on a studio - but can't believe DVC members points rooms are all booked out!
SSR would be better than a value resort and not much more on points. How many points for the time you stay and what value if you don't mind me asking.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #238
hellosue
Mouseketeer

I am travelling to Hong Kong and of course visiting Disneyland, plan on staying on site for 1 night and DL for 2 days ..... your advice on comparison to DL and MK I do realise it is smaller do you need more than 2 days?

hellosue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #239
mindy32
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
added to the OP. Will you be at DL or WDW?

I was just able to link my dining plan to my reservation online so I managed to make two more bookings! I've added them in to my post above - Yak and Yeti on the 12/11 and Coral Reef on the 13/11.

Only a few more days that need booking (including the big one - CRT) but so far I have got everything I wanted and I am super excited about actually eating at these places I have read so much about

Congrats to everyone who has bought their MVMCP tickets!
WDW!

I'm still undecided about MVMCP, not sure whether we'll do it since it's just three adults!
mindy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #240
DVCAustralia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider
The most popular time for DVC members to stay (if they can) is from December 1st to 15th (and even 23rd) as you get all the Christmas extras, good weather and the LOWEST points of the year.
Further, many members book at 11 months out when the booking window opens for the resort you own points at to secure a room.
Also, studios are typically the most popular as they are by far the lowest points and can accomodate singles, couples as well as families up to four adults. In addition, many two bedrooms are actually a studio and one bedroom so each of those two bedroom bookings takes out a studio.
Finally, SSR is by far the largest DVC resort so it is always the last to book out.

It may be worth doing some research on your preferred location or locations within SSR and request a particular section (they each have names).
DVCAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: