Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #196
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirlInOz View Post
Oh Em Gee!!!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ne-train-more/

What does "Holiday Season" mean?

I wonder if soft openings will be going on in November!!!

As you can tell by the smilies I'm not sure what to think!!
How exciting. I can't wait to see the changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikdisney View Post
Hi shuttergirl - my parents live outside of toronto so that's why the long visit. We'll hire a car and take in some of the Christmas sights while we're there. DH tells me that if there is no snow in Toronto we will be getting in the car and driving north until we find some!

Wilderness Lodge looks amazing, we are sooooo excited. We were planning on staying at the polynesian but then saw some photos of WL at Christmas. That changed our minds right away. Being from Canada I'm a Christmas nut, so I can't wait to see all the decorations at Disney!

You've got a lot of stops on your list - how long will you be away for?
Ahhh well that explains it. We'd love to hire a car and drive it ourselves but having never driven in winter/snowy conditions like the ones we would experience in Canada, we feel nervous to try it. It certainly would be alot easier though .

I'm glad you went with WL, it is such a beautiful resort. The teepee light fixtures in the foyer are unbelievable.

We sure do have alot of stops on this trip . We are away for 5 weeks broken down as follows:-

11 nights WDW
9 nights NYC
5 nights Quebec city
2 nights Niagara Falls
4 nights Boston
4 nights Washington

Whew.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #197
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
aussiepossum - have you booked a tour for Kennedy Space Centre or are you driving? If going by tour, I would love to know who you decided on and why.
We have done a KSC tour, it was with http://www.grayline.com/United_State...Airboat_Safari
They picked up at ASMusic (I think, it was one of the AS resorts). Stopped at the airboat place on the way, which was awesome, then went on to KSC. Some on our bus didn't do the airboat tour, so the bus left, dropped them at KSC, then returned for us.

It was an awesome day (we saw a rocket launch at KSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Ms Shuttergirl did you hire a car to go outlet shopping? If not how did you get to the malls? We were thinking about hiring a car and going to Kennedy one day and the outlet malls the other but depending on cost I would much rather be driven
We went to both outlet malls (several times) and also many of the malls around. We took a taxi most times. The outlet mall that is farther away from WDW is a better outlet mall than the one closest to WDW. I do go once to the one closest to WDW with friends and they had a car, but when I went by myself, I took a cab. As we were at AKL, we found that taking the WDW bus to DTD, then catching a taxi to the different malls saved us about $15. Then on the way back, we would get the taxi to drop us at DTD near the buses, so we could just hop on the bus back to our resort. If you are at a resort close by, then it won't add much to the trip, but if you are at say one of the MK resorts or AKL, it can shave a good $15 to $20 off your taxi ride by taking the bus to DTD

Quote:
Oh Em Gee!!!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ne-train-more/

What does "Holiday Season" mean?

I wonder if soft openings will be going on in November!!!

As you can tell by the smilies I'm not sure what to think!!
That looks awesome!

Holiday Season is Christmas Season, which starts in mid November until early January
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #198
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ms Shuttergirl did you hire a car to go outlet shopping? If not how did you get to the malls? We were thinking about hiring a car and going to Kennedy one day and the outlet malls the other but depending on cost I would much rather be driven
Sorry dabecs, I missed this question. My DH caught cabs to and from. I think it was something like $25-30 which after he had shopped for 5 hours was money well spent. We think that the saving of time and fuss for us is worthwhile, esp since we don't drive in the US as of yet. But I would definitely consider hiring a car if you'll get a few days use out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post
We have done a KSC tour, it was with http://www.grayline.com/United_State...Airboat_Safari
They picked up at ASMusic (I think, it was one of the AS resorts). Stopped at the airboat place on the way, which was awesome, then went on to KSC. Some on our bus didn't do the airboat tour, so the bus left, dropped them at KSC, then returned for us.

We went to both outlet malls (several times) and also many of the malls around. We took a taxi most times. The outlet mall that is farther away from WDW is a better outlet mall than the one closest to WDW. I do go once to the one closest to WDW with friends and they had a car, but when I went by myself, I took a cab. As we were at AKL, we found that taking the WDW bus to DTD, then catching a taxi to the different malls saved us about $15. Then on the way back, we would get the taxi to drop us at DTD near the buses, so we could just hop on the bus back to our resort. If you are at a resort close by, then it won't add much to the trip, but if you are at say one of the MK resorts or AKL, it can shave a good $15 to $20 off your taxi ride by taking the bus to DTD

That looks awesome!

Holiday Season is Christmas Season, which starts in mid November until early January
Thanks for the info on the tour Aussietravellers. That is exactly the sort of thing we want to do.

Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #199
DisneyGirlInOz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post

That looks awesome!

So at the least we should have soft openings
April 2011 - Disneyland @ Off Site
May 2011 - Disneyworld @ Contemporary
May 2011 - Disneyworld @ Boardwalk Inn & 7 weeks travelling around the USA

Planning for:
November 2012 - The obsession continues: Planning for Disneyworld

Disney: Been there, done that, going back!!
DisneyGirlInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #200
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
So at the least we should have soft openings
Soft openings would be perfect I am concerned that if an announcement comes out saying everything will be open by early November then heaps of extra people might go to the park to see the new attractions and it will be much busier...

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 AM   #201
DisneyGirlInOz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Soft openings would be perfect I am concerned that if an announcement comes out saying everything will be open by early November then heaps of extra people might go to the park to see the new attractions and it will be much busier...
I agree. It could make an otherwise quiet time, busy. Lets just hope for soft openings so we can get in before twitter and facebook explode and everyone knows

I watched the Fantasyland presentation video with Imagineer Chris Beatty today. It looks so good

Planning for:

Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #202
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Sorry dabecs, I missed this question. My DH caught cabs to and from. I think it was something like $25-30 which after he had shopped for 5 hours was money well spent. We think that the saving of time and fuss for us is worthwhile, esp since we don't drive in the US as of yet. But I would definitely consider hiring a car if you'll get a few days use out of it.
We have decided to hire a car - when I mentioned your post to hubby he asked why we wouldn't hire a car when he is looking forward to driving over there! I would - but this is great news because it will be cheaper and much easier to do KSC and the outlet shopping with a car.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
Old 05-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #203
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

I have just read the thread about Mickey's Halloween party, I didn't realise Christmas party tickets also went on sale May 1st. Has any Nov/Dec Diser thought about buying their MVMCP tickets yet?

I was tempted to buy ours today but then I decided I will wait till I have made my ADRs in case anything has to get moved around. I want to buy them soon though because there are not many dates available for the time we will be there and basically I am a little obsessive about booking things

Does anyone know why there is a party on Nov 16 and then not another one till the 25th? My plan was to go to the one on the 16th (which is a Friday) but now I am wondering if it will be super busy seeing there is not another party scheduled for 9 days afterwards? Looking at the prices there is no discount for buying early for the 16th which suggests to me they are expecting a crowd

They are also having the party on the 15th so I might juggle things around and go that night instead

Old 05-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #204
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have just read the thread about Mickey's Halloween party, I didn't realise Christmas party tickets also went on sale May 1st. Has any Nov/Dec Diser thought about buying their MVMCP tickets yet?

I was tempted to buy ours today but then I decided I will wait till I have made my ADRs in case anything has to get moved around. I want to buy them soon though because there are not many dates available for the time we will be there and basically I am a little obsessive about booking things

Does anyone know why there is a party on Nov 16 and then not another one till the 25th? My plan was to go to the one on the 16th (which is a Friday) but now I am wondering if it will be super busy seeing there is not another party scheduled for 9 days afterwards? Looking at the prices there is no discount for buying early for the 16th which suggests to me they are expecting a crowd

They are also having the party on the 15th so I might juggle things around and go that night instead
Are the December MVMCP dates out? Where would I find them?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #205
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are the December MVMCP dates out? Where would I find them?
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...ristmas-party/

click on Buy Tickets Now.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #206
DisneyGirlInOz
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I think that there is no MVMCP for 8 days because of Thanksgiving. I think that is why they don't have it that week but I am happy to be corrected on this.

Go on the 15th, that's when we plan on going

Maybe even the 12th if we can

Planning for:

Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #207
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
I think that there is no MVMCP for 8 days because of Thanksgiving. I think that is why they don't have it that week but I am happy to be corrected on this.

Go on the 15th, that's when we plan on going

Maybe even the 12th if we can

Yep I've juggled things around - planning MVMCP for the 15th and Fantasmic! for the 16th instead of the other way round.. Still going to wait a week or so before buying tickets while I do a bit more research We are planning AK on the 12th so we could go that night, on the 9th we are planning MK but planning Kennedy SC the following day so would be prefer an early night that night....

Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #208
Libby
Mouseketeer

Thanks for letting us know tickets are on sale. I'm still very much in the early stages of making day to day plans. I've been to the Halloween party before and loved it and can't wait for the Christmas one. We're there so long I wonder if it's worth going to twice!!!

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #209
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

does disneyland do a christmas party???

we will be there from dec 1 - 11 ... would love to get as much holiday cheer as possible

also, does anyone know when santa's reindeer roundup is available?

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #210
JennyN
Mouseketeer

No DL doesn't do a Christmas Party as such. The MVMCP is wonderful, we have done it twice and we think it is definitely a priority. Santa's Roundup in DL normally starts after thanksgiving.

Disneyland 1985, 93, 96, 98, 99, 02, 03, 05, 07,April 08 and Dec '08, Sept '11 and Dec '11, Nov '12, July '13 and Dec '13.
WDW 03,05,10 and 2011 Disney Wonder Cruise 2010
JennyN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: