Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #76
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Ugh I hate Florida heat. But as much as I hate it I love being in Disney World. I love the CSR rooms! They always look so pretty! Hoping your headache cleared up!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #77
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you had a great flight!!!

Also that your room was ready when you checked in- everytime we stayed at CSR our room was ready. I LOVE that resort

I am so sorry you had a massive headache/nausea!!!! The Florida heat is a killer I get that way when I don't eat enough and/or drink enough water.

I hope to read that you started feeling much better!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #78
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh no! That sucks that you weren't feeling well. I hate that feeling. Wanting to get everything done and get moving, but then your body rebelling against you for some reason! But I would rather be miserable at WDW than anywhere else.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #79
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Not sure if I've posted yet, but subscribing and enjoying it! So sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope it passed quickly.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #80
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I hope your headache went away soon! That stinks to not be feeling well at Disney. I agree, that picture of the one little blue margarita is pretty sigh-worthy!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #81
Dream426
Love Disney!!

Joining in. A little late with this comment but I always love seeing the little monorail at the airport. It always makes it seem more official that you are at Disney World and then even more official when you go to the Magical Express buses. I love it...haha

Isn't it always the case when you can't have a drink that is when you want it the most even if you aren't a big on having drinks...haha Love Soarin!!! One of our favorite rides.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #82
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I can totally relate to how you were feeling once in that intense Florida heat. Happens all the time especially around this time of year - going from colder weather from the north to crazy intense humid southern heat. Your body just does not adapt that quickly. I hope you started to feel better as the day went on. I would've still got the margerita. Would've numbed the pain temporarily
Old 10-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #83
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Aww, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! I hope the Excedrin kicked in soon enough!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #84
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Oh that totally stinks when you weren't feeling well! I get migraines, so I know how awful headaches can be. It really was VERY hot that day!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #85
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Being ill in Disney is never fun...and having ill kids in Disney is less fun too, as I know all about unfortunately. Hoping your day gets better...can't wait to read more!

The past:*Sep '14: SOG*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 10-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #86
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

on your room being ready and your request being granted.

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. I'm glad the food helped and hope you felt better soon.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #87
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Sorry to hear about your not feeling well your first day. We were suppose to originally go the same week as you and after reading so many accounts here on the DIS of how hot and miserable the heat and humidity made touring I am glad we changed our dates of our trip.
Hope you were feeling better by time for your dinner reservation in France.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 10-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #88
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Ugh, I can SO relate! The heat kicks my butt, every time. Ben and I spent a good portion of an afternoon finding the coolest places in the World Showcase: a bathroom in Germany and a good powerful vent in a shop in Italy. Better than any attraction at that point!

Hope the rest of the day gets better!
I agree, when I walked into Mitsukoshi I didn't want to leave, it was so cool in there, and so hot and miserable outside! I never thought to check the bathrooms, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I'm so glad that your room was ready at CSR and that you got the Casitas which you had requested.

I'm sorry you were getting sick from the heat, etc. I hope by the time you sit down for dinner that you are feeling much better.

By the way, great pics!
Our room at CSR was so pretty, I'm glad we got to try it out for one night!

Ugh, it's never fun not feeling well at Disney, I just don't do well in the heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh Jen - Of course you feel like crap. You were sick for days before you left and you were probably a little dehydrated before you even left home. I really, really hope that headache goes away soon and you start to feel way better. Not a fun way to start your trip.

Nice picks and the tuna melt sounds yummy!!!!!!
I kind of figured I was dehydrated, you would think after my migraine episode in May I would learn that when it's hot in Disney to drink water constantly, but nope! I was just too excited and didn't even think about it! Well, I did, but it was too late when I realized it.

Thanks, and the tuna melt was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom85 View Post
Enjoying your report so far. Thanks for posting.
Thank you! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Ugh I hate Florida heat. But as much as I hate it I love being in Disney World. I love the CSR rooms! They always look so pretty! Hoping your headache cleared up!
I hate any kind of heat, I just can't handle the change from cooler weather to summer weather, it's crazy!

The rooms at CSR are really nice, and I liked the double doors they have to block the bathroom area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I am so glad you had a great flight!!!

Also that your room was ready when you checked in- everytime we stayed at CSR our room was ready. I LOVE that resort

I am so sorry you had a massive headache/nausea!!!! The Florida heat is a killer I get that way when I don't eat enough and/or drink enough water.

I hope to read that you started feeling much better!!
Our flight was so nice, I even let myself doze off a little, which I NEVER do (and had a weird dream about Gumby...seriously...) and I was so happy our room was ready at CSR!

At least I know for next time to have plenty of water with me, and if I feel myself getting sick or nauseous, to slow down and get out of the heat for a little while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh no! That sucks that you weren't feeling well. I hate that feeling. Wanting to get everything done and get moving, but then your body rebelling against you for some reason! But I would rather be miserable at WDW than anywhere else.
LOL, I can handle stomach sickness or a cold in WDW, but headaches/migraines/heat exhaustion-forget it! At least I know what to do for next time, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Not sure if I've posted yet, but subscribing and enjoying it! So sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope it passed quickly.
Thanks for joining, glad to have you here! Ugh, yeah, it definitely was not fun feeling so terrible my first night in Disney!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #89
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ugh, I hope your headache went away soon! That stinks to not be feeling well at Disney. I agree, that picture of the one little blue margarita is pretty sigh-worthy!
Thanks, I was trying to have a good time in Epcot, but every time I would think I was ok, my headache would get worse! Ugh!

LOL, I seriously love those margaritas from Mexico! It's weird, Disney is the only place I drink margaritas, but they're the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Joining in. A little late with this comment but I always love seeing the little monorail at the airport. It always makes it seem more official that you are at Disney World and then even more official when you go to the Magical Express buses. I love it...haha

Isn't it always the case when you can't have a drink that is when you want it the most even if you aren't a big on having drinks...haha Love Soarin!!! One of our favorite rides.
I love the little airport monorail, it's so cute! I've never taken ME, can you believe that! We always rent a car, but I feel like I'm kind of missing out on the whole ME experience!

I drink so rarely that I never really care if I can't have a drink, but it was our first night of vacation, it was the Food and Wine fest, and I LOVE those margaritas from Mexico, so I was really sad that I couldn't have one! Don't worry though, I made up for it during the rest of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I can totally relate to how you were feeling once in that intense Florida heat. Happens all the time especially around this time of year - going from colder weather from the north to crazy intense humid southern heat. Your body just does not adapt that quickly. I hope you started to feel better as the day went on. I would've still got the margerita. Would've numbed the pain temporarily
LOL, I considered getting the margarita anyway, but I figured I'd feel worse. Brandon told me to just get one, but I was afraid I'd throw up or something, and I'd die from embarrassment if that happened to me in Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Aww, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! I hope the Excedrin kicked in soon enough!
Thanks! Usually Excedrin works miracles for me, but sometimes...not so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh that totally stinks when you weren't feeling well! I get migraines, so I know how awful headaches can be. It really was VERY hot that day!
It was SO hot that day! I thought I was prepared for heat, but I guess not! I'm glad the whole week wasn't that hot, or I probably would have had heat stroke or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Being ill in Disney is never fun...and having ill kids in Disney is less fun too, as I know all about unfortunately. Hoping your day gets better...can't wait to read more!
Awww, I can imagine how terrible it would be to have a sick kid in Disney! Thanks, I will hopefully finish the rest of the day tomorrow so you guys can see what happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
on your room being ready and your request being granted.

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. I'm glad the food helped and hope you felt better soon.
I love when you check in early and the room is ready!

Thanks, that ravioli from the Italy F&W booth is SO good, it did temporarily help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Sorry to hear about your not feeling well your first day. We were suppose to originally go the same week as you and after reading so many accounts here on the DIS of how hot and miserable the heat and humidity made touring I am glad we changed our dates of our trip.
Hope you were feeling better by time for your dinner reservation in France.
Thanks! I wish we could have gone later in October, but our pin covered the first week, so we kind of had to go with that! It actually wasn't bad the rest of the week, the first day was the worst! It's strange, I hate the heat, but I still really want to go to Disney in the middle of summer someday, to take advantage of the late park hours! I'd probably just sleep all morning, go swimming and then go to the parks when the sun went down!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #90
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well! It was very hot that day. Hope you managed to feel better and enjoy yourself quickly!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: