Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #31
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I just realized that again, I forgot to reserve a spot for chapter links, just like I did in my PTR. So once I get going, I'll just be adding chapter links to the first post! I can't believe I forgot again!!!

Thanks so much to everyone for joining, I can't wait to get started! I will TRY to get my first update posted tonight, but if not, definitely tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Subbing and going back to read!

All caught up! Love the intros and yay on being able to return to your beloved Wilderness Lodge!

Love the title and the reason behind it. Looking forward to reading more!
Yay, you were first on my PTR and now my TR!

Loved being back at the WL, it really feels like home! Can't wait to actually get started with some updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Darn.too slow
2nd's not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Your title drew me in. I waffles and can't wait to get one next week!
You're going to WDW next week?? Be sure to stop by the Belgium booth, it's one of my favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I'm here! Great start! Can't wait to hear all about it
Yay, thanks, so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm here! Love the title! (: Can't wait to read all about!
Woo hoo, thanks, I'm pretty happy with the title, I'm SO bad of thinking of cute, creative titles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Yay, so happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Yay! You began your trip report! Just subscribed and now can't wait to follow along!
Yay, thanks for joining, I'll hopefully be getting started soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
SO excited to read about your trip!!!
Yay, I was wondering where you've been! So happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon23 View Post
Hey I'm here to follow along. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. You're title is making me regret not trying the belgian waffle now
Hi, glad you're here! LOL, the waffle was really, really good! I was a little skeptical at first, because I'm not a big fan of berries, but everything together was just SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm here!! And now I want waffles!
Woo hoo, you're here! A waffle would be really good right about now!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #32
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I'm heeeeeeere!
Yay!!! Glad you're here, I was gonna text you to let you know I started, but you made it over here before I even had to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I'm here!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! And, now I want a waffle.
Glad you're here! LOL, it seems like I'm going to be hearing that a lot, I'm making everyone crave waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here!

I can make you one more waffle. My mom's from Belgium, so it's our specialty.
Yay! LOL, that must be nice, having Belgian waffles whenever you want! Although, I could also see that being a problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I am here and subscribing!
Yay, glad you made it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I am here. Great introductions. I LOVE the title of the TR.

I can't wait to read more.
Hey Kathy, glad you made it!! I can't wait to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
Waffles?! I'm totally in.
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancah76 View Post
So excited to see your trip report, can't wait to read about your adventure!
Oh how I would looove to stay at Wilderness Lodge someday
Thanks, I can't wait to start updating, I'm still in the middle of uploading pics, so I want to get most of that done before I update! It's taking forever!

I hope you can stay at the WL someday, it's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Can't wait to read more of your trip report!
Thanks for joining, I can't wait to get started!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Joining in!!
Yay, so happy you're here Nikki! I can't wait to see how the days that we were there at the same time compare, I know we were at the same MNSSHP! I looked for Potato Head costumes, and actually saw some, but none of them were you!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #33
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dort View Post
I'm joining too Waffles...YUM
Thanks for joining! I don't think anyone can resist a good waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Thanks for joining, glad to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkle View Post
This sounds fun!!!! I love finding fellow Dsiney freaks!!!!! I have converted my DH and my 16 DS has got it bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for joining! Disney freaks are the best, aren't they? I don't have kids yet, but when I do, they better grow up to love Disney, or we're going to have some issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Welcome home! Obviously subscribing!
Thanks! So happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
YAY!!! Can't wait to read all about your trip
Yay, so glad you're here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
I'm always in for your ptr's and tr's!! Can't wait to read all about it!!
Yay, thanks, I'm so happy to have you here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTLaugher View Post
Hi. Looking forward to reading your report!
Thanks for joining!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstewart View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip! We are planning on staying at the WL too so I can't wait for you to start the report!
Thanks for joining! You're going to love the WL, it's beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
I'm here. Found my way over from your PTR. So glad that you have started. I leave tomorrow for the World so I will catch up when I return.

P.S.- Can't wait to try a Belgian waffle.
Yay, glad you're here! Can't believe you're trip is here, yay! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairnyn View Post
Can't wait to hear your review! Now hand me a waffle.
Thanks for joining! LOL, I'd gladly share the waffles if I smuggled some home with me!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #34
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I'm here!!!! Can not wait to hear all about your trip!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #35
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Im here!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #36
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm back from WDW and ready to hear about your trip! Glad things went well! And YUM to the waffles!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 10-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #37
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I'm here!!! I'm here!!!! Can not wait to hear all about your trip!!!!
Yay, glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Im here!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
Woo hoo, so happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm back from WDW and ready to hear about your trip! Glad things went well! And YUM to the waffles!
Yay, welcome home from WDW! Can't wait to read your TR!

Old 10-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #38
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

No Better Feeling

Hi everyone! Ready to get this TR started, finally! Before I do get started, I want to apologize for the lack of pictures in this update, and if the travel part of arrival day might be a little boring. I'm going to try to make the travel portion kind of brief and have this update get us up to arriving in Disney! I actually started before, but I deleted everything I wrote, it was just way too much detail about arriving at the airport!

Anyway, here we go!

Thursday, 9/29

There is no better feeling than waking up and knowing you are going to Disney World that day! Even at 2:30 in the morning, after you have only slept a few hours. I was tired, but I was ready to go...I was convinced it was going to be a great day and I wanted to get moving!

I made myself a cup of tea to wake up a little, then surprisingly woke Brandon up with no arguments. We got our stuff together, and we were out the door!

We had to make a quick stop at 7-11 for gum and cough drops (I was getting over bronchitis and still had a horrible cough, and didn't want to annoy everyone on the plane!) so while I waited in the car, I snapped this picture, just to remember what time we left:

Ohhhh, so early...

We got to the airport in no time and parked the car in a long term lot. We waited a few minutes for the shuttle to pick us up to bring us to the terminal, and when we did get on the shuttle, Brandon and the driver complained about the Red Sox the whole way, as I daydreamed about what an amazing night in Epcot we were going to have when we arrived in Orlando!

(If you are a baseball fan, you will remember that the night before, the Red Sox and Tampa Bay Devil Rays were in a tie for the Wild Card to get into the playoffs. The Sox needed to win and the Rays needed to lose...well, the opposite happened, and Brandon, and all of Red Sox Nation, was NOT happy, to say the least. At least the Yankees ended up getting knocked out in the first round of the Division Series, though. )

We made it to the terminal, and checked our luggage and quickly headed over to security. The lines were not bad at all and we would have made it through pretty fast, but Brandon had powder in his carry on that they thought was suspicious, I guess. They pulled him aside and ran all these tests. When they realized that it was, in fact, just powder, we were on our merry way!

We had our usual breakfast at Mc Donald's, and then went to our Gate. Brandon chatted with a few people about the Red Sox again, and I silently freaked out about the upcoming plane ride...

Ok, not so silently:

Me-"I'm afraid of the plane."

Brandon-"You're fine"

Me-"I know I'm fine, but I'm afraid. What if the landing gear doesn't work? What if I get a blood clot? What if-"

Brandon-"You're insane. It's fine."

I'm sure that wasn't the exact conversation, but that was the basic idea. We have the same one every single time we fly. I'm not afraid of flying exactly, but I hate taking off. And turbulence. And landing.

My worrying was all for nothing, we had a great flight! I was amazed when we took off from rainy, gray CT that within minutes, we were in beautiful, blue, sunny skies:

We arrived in Orlando about 20 minutes early, and hopped on the mini monorail. I LOVE this little monorail, just one of those little things that reminds me that I'm almost in Disney World!!!!

Palm Tree!!!

When we stepped off the monorail, I turned to Brandon and said "It smells like Disney World!" I love the way Florida smells, I don't know what it is, but if I could bottle that and bring that home with me, I'd be a happy girl.

We went to baggage claim, grabbed our bags, and made our way over to Alamo to get our car. I always let Brandon pick the car, since he does 95% of the driving, and he picked a white Hyundai Sonata, which we both really loved.

We loaded our bags into the car, cranked up the AC (it was unbelievably HOT that day already, and it was maybe 10 am!) and we were off to Disney World!

The drive from the airport seems shorter and shorter each trip, because soon I saw this:

Yayyy!!!

We're here!!!

Up next...lunch at Downtown Disney, checking into CSR, and our first night in the parks!

Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #39
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Waking up the morning you're going to Disney is always easy! I hate mornings, but I get up nice and easy when it's time to go to WDW!

That's awesome that you guys got there so early in the morning! I hate the fact that I lose an hour traveling from our central time zone, so we always land no earlier than 11ish.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #40
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I too never get sleep the night before we leave. We went to Las Vegas earlier this year and I had no problems sleeping the night before we left. But the night before leaving for Disney....maybe 3 hours.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #41
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! You got there!

I feel your pain when it comes to flying. I've got no problem if the flight is smooth, but I cannot handle any bumps.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #42
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Wow, you guys got up even earlier than we did! Glad things went well. I'm with you on the not liking take-off, turbulence, and landing! Can't wait to hear about CSR!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 10-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #43
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!!!! Great start!! I'm glad the flight was good for you Even when you live in FL, going to WDW still smells great!!! Can't wait to see where you stayed at CSR since we checked in the next day!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #44
MEK
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!!!!!! Florida by 10am!

I haven't necessary noticed the Florida "smell", but I think the air feels different. It just has a tropical feel even at the same temperature as up here. A cleaner feel!

Denny and I used to joke that no matter where we went from Philly, when we got home and the captain would announce "......and the weather in Philadelphia today is....." We would say "45 degrees and rainy".

Your new camera is taking great pictures so far!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #45
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what you thought of CSR. I forgot to ask you when I saw you. I have resisted the urge to switch from Pop, but CSR was calling. I am really hoping when we stay at Pop everyone will love it so much so that I dont have to spend so much on our next trip, whenever that is.

What time was your flight? Our flight is at 630 on Thurs and I am trying to figure out when to leave. I always leave way too early.

I have never met someone who thinks they are going to have blood clots issues the way you do

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: