Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #151
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of WL are gorgeous! I definitely want to stay there someday, it looks so cool! And that is pretty awesome about the random wandering princesses at GF!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #152
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

LOL, they say "Welcome Home" at all of the DVC resorts.

Great pictures of the Wilderness Lodge. I love it there. Such a neat resort and the theming is amazing. You don't even feel like you're in Florida!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #153
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

All caught up

Sorry you had such a dreadful migraine on your first day, nothing worse than a migraine, esp at Disney

Loving your photos of the WL, it is a beautiful looking resort

Looking forward to reading about the party
Old 10-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #154
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

So happy to hear you woke up feeling good

WL is beautiful!! I stayed there 2 times when I was younger when my dad took me to WDW and loved it even as a kid I thought it was amazing!!

I am eager to hear how your MNSSHP experience was, I saw a lot of complaints on the boards, but our party experience was great so I am hoping it was for you too
Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #155
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

So sorry you started your trip off feeling so badly. I am glad you got a good night's sleep and woke up feeling better.

I feel the same you do about being "home" at WL but at the Boardwalk for me. It just makes feel so happy walking through those doors

Can't wait to hear about your first MNSSHP! After all the posts about bad experiences, I was really nervous about the night we attended, but it was great, even with the "small" tropical depression that crossed over FL the week we there!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #156
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Glad you felt better. Wow, you had a beautiful view at the WL. Can't wait to hear how MNSSHP went.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 10-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #157
archdandy
DIS Veteran

It's really too bad you didn't enjoy CSR (I love it!) but I am glad that you got to go "home". I can't wait to see how MNSSHP went for you guys, I've been hearing some horror stories from it this year.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #158
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Thanks for joining! You went in October too? It's definitely a fun time to go, are you doing a TR?
I was there in October (13-17, stayed at CR). I just started my TR, come on over if you have a chance!

I was happy to read that you made a miraculous recovery in time to move to your favorite resort! WL looks beautiful. We originally were supposed to stay there on this last trip, but grabbed the chance to move to CR on the AP discount. One day I'll get to see how pretty WL is for myself, but for now I'll live vicariously through all you WL lovers.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #159
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I also love the GF! The only time I have been inside is when we ate at 1900PF in May 2010, and I totally fell in love. I will stay there someday too!

Your view from WL is awesome.

Can't wait to hear about the sold out MNSSHP. We went two days later!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #160
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear you guys did not enjoy Coronado Springs, however yay on going 'home' and being welcomed when you got there!

Love the WL pics and yay on meeting Aurora whilst roaming Grand Floridian resort - how cool! Looking forward to hearing all about MNSSHP.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #161
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
It's always so nice going "home" isn't it? Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! I love the view from your room. It looks so peaceful! I can't wait to hear about the party! I hope it's not too crowded!
It was nice returning to the WL, I didn't want to repeat a resort so quickly, but we both love it so much, it really does feel like home! The view from the room was beautiful, but during the day, definitely NOT peaceful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love hearing the Welcome Home too! Only certain resorts do it. It's a DVC thing.

It's one of my favorite parts.

Great pictures of the resort! I admit, I've only stayed at WL once. But I want to go back for sure.
LOL, yeah, I figured it was a DVC thing, although I'm not sure I remember them saying it when we stayed at the Beach Club!

WL is beautiful, I wonder once I have tried all the resorts if it will still be my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I want to stay at the GF one day too. I blame the Tanners for drilling that idea into my head.

John has decided he is done with Disney. He also pointed out that most women were with other women and I should just go to Disney with you b/c obviously we ware both crazy people and will only have fun with other crazy Disney people. I am ready for a Disney break since I am broke after our last two trips. I am thinking of trying to get there in Nov. in 3 years and staying at GF. We'll see though. I don't think I could go to Disney with you and not bring Caitin. After the issues we had with her on the cruise it will be years before I take her on another vacation.

I am glad to hear WL is getting refurb. I never liked the rooms much, but did end up liking the resort towards the end of our stay. I would like to give it another shot.
Haha, yeah, I thought about Full House while we were in the GF too, it's so nice in there.

Haha, that's funny, I guess we both are crazy Disney people! Brandon is pretty much done with Disney too, for now. He's stuck going in May for our anniversary, but other than that, he wants a break, and I suppose I can understand that. But I have AP's and there's no way I'm only getting one trip out of them. I'm thinking of possibly maybe considering a solo trip next summer. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough, but I'd like to try it, just to prove to myself I can do it. If you wanted to come, feel free, and bring Caitlin too, if she wants! I want to go in the summer because the parks are open so late, I love the idea of waiting til late to go to the parks, staying there until 2 am and then sleeping in and hanging out by the pool all day!

I'm glad the WL is getting a room refurb too, I like the rooms, but I'm not a big fan of the bedding, and I hope they change the color of the walls! Other than that, it's fine with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Haha, your day sounds like the opposite of mine!! I had like 8 posts on my TR so far for this day and I'm just now at the point you are at. Next up will be dinner and the, yes, SOLD OUT MNSSHP!!! How did we not run into each other?!

BTW, your pictures of the WL make me SOOO happy I'm saying there in Feb! I LOVE that place and can't wait to be back there.
I know, I can't believe you did so much that day, I admire your energy, especially in that heat! I don't sleep much in Disney, because I just want to keep going, but I do need an afternoon break!

I thought for sure I'd run into you at MNSSHP, but there were SO many people there, it was crazy!!

You're so lucky to be staying at the WL in February, it's such a perfect winter resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I heard about the MNSSHP being sold out that night. It was sure crowded wasn't it?! It was a cast member discount night. Oh well!

GF was awesome to stay at. I couldn't believe it when we got the phone call to stay there last year. Greg still jokes that we should book at CSR again so we can get upgraded for free again. Talk about pixie dust!

I've never visited the Wilderness Lodge. There's one in Wisconsin Dells which is just a few hour drive from us so for some reason I don't associate WDW with the Wilderness Lodge. Weird, right?

I can't wait to read about MNSSHP! I think we may have passed by you guys down main street. (The only time I thought I saw you by the way.)
Once I found out that it was sold out, I kept complaining to Brandon that it figures, my first MNSSHP and it's sold out! It was really, really crowded, but still fun!

I love the WL, but if you have one near you, it makes sense to stay away from it! I always thought I'd stay away from the Yacht Club, since it's supposed to be modeled after New England yacht clubs, but I'd probably still stay there if I had the chance!

I can't believe you got to stay at the GF, and as an upgrade!!! That must have been amazing!!!

Ahhhh, you thought you saw us!! Why didn't you come say hi! Although, I thought I saw you guys in Liberty Square, and I didn't say hi either...I thought it might have possibly been you, but I was afraid if I said something and it wasn't, I would have freaked that person out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
When I stay at Coronado Springs in December I sure hope I like it more than your DH... and then I'll be sure to let you know so you can let him know... because you know, men CAN'T be right, right?
LOL, I think you will like CSR! I think we would have liked it much better if we had more than one night there, and I didn't feel so awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Sounds like a relaxing way to spend the first half of your party day. Nice view from your room!
It was a nice way to start the day, but I was getting kind of impatient waiting for that text towards the end! The view from the room was great, especially in the morning!

Ugh, ok, I know I'm abandoning my responses right in the middle of everything, but it's SNOWING here in CT, so I should probably go out and do everything I need to do before it gets really bad! This is ridiculous!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #162
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
If it helps, my DH LOVES the CSR.
Thanks!

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 10-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #163
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, great update. I'm glad you were able to go "home." I love when they do that too (they do that for us every visit to the CSR, they did it at AKL and OKW...it just sends gooosebumps up your arms.

Sorry Brandon didn't like CSR. Truthfully, I don't think any of the resorts have a "true" Disney feel unless it is the values with all the big icons, etc.

Glad you were able to get in your room and take a nap for the MNSSHP; ours was very crowded too (we won't be doing it again).

I remember when that happened and how excited you were. I would have had to ask to stay at CSR or go to another deluxe because my DH won't even go in the GF to eat.

I'm with you on the WL. I don't think it is weird. I think we see certain places that remind us of other places near home and we don't want to be anywhere near it on vacation (I feel that way about the WL and the BLT -- the BLT because I work in Downtown Chicago and it looks like an office building to me).

If it helps, my DH LOVES the CSR.
I think we might have liked CSR better if we had more time there and I felt better. I really wanted to explore, see the pool, get a drink somewhere, but my migraine killed any hope of doing that after Epcot that night.

I'm not sure if we would do the Halloween Party again, I really liked it, but I'm more of a Christmas girl, if I have the chance between MNSSHP and MVMCP, I'll take the Christmas party every time! I just hope they don't get too crazy like the Halloween parties are getting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I agree about the Grand Floridian. It really is the ultimate Deluxe resort.

WL looks so nice, and it's nice that you guys have a resort that feels like home. I'm still waiting to find mine.
I can see why CSR can get confusing, some places are so big and all the buildings look the same at night!

I bet your Chip and Dale earrings were really cute, and it's great you got a lot of use out of them at the parks.
Isn't the GF amazing? I could have spent the whole day in there!

Don't worry, you will find a resort that feels like home to you! We were lucky to find ours so easily, but I have a feeling that once we stay in AKL and the Poly someday, they will become favorites as well!

I love my Chip and Dale earrings, I should take a picture of them for you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I know what you mean about Wilderness Lodge, it just feels so right to be staying there. Even when we visit there, I get this all over calm feeling. I really want to stay there next year on our trip.

I agree with you about GF being "the" deluxe resort, I think for me it's ever since the Full House family stayed there on their Disney trip.

Every single time I sign up for a text when my room is ready it NEVER works. Maybe it's just me.
You should definitely stay at WL on your next trip, I think it would be a great resort for baby's first trip! So nice and peaceful, yet so close to MK!

LOL, everyone thinks of Full House when they think of GF! I really love that resort, I can't imagine staying there!

We never get texts for our room either, I don't know why we even bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Aw I just love WL! If we were to ever become DVC members I would want that to be my home resort. Your view looks to be on the opposite side of our view from Memorial Day week. Hope it was quiet enough for you.
I would want WL to be our home resort too, if we ever bought DVC! I wanted to walk over to the villas but I never got the chance!

Ugh...it was NOT quiet. Soooo annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your pictures of WL are gorgeous! I definitely want to stay there someday, it looks so cool! And that is pretty awesome about the random wandering princesses at GF!
Thanks! WL is beautiful, you should definitely try it out someday! Although, I bet after your stay at the Poly, you will never want to go anywhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
LOL, they say "Welcome Home" at all of the DVC resorts.

Great pictures of the Wilderness Lodge. I love it there. Such a neat resort and the theming is amazing. You don't even feel like you're in Florida!
I love the welcome home thing! I wish they said it at every Disney resort, but I guess only DVC resorts makes sense!

Thanks, that's what I love about WL, you know you're in Disney, it has all these cute Disney touches, and you can see MK from there, but you also feel like you're out in the woods! It's amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
All caught up

Sorry you had such a dreadful migraine on your first day, nothing worse than a migraine, esp at Disney

Loving your photos of the WL, it is a beautiful looking resort

Looking forward to reading about the party
Thanks! It was pretty awful having a migraine, I'm glad I recovered the next day!

WL is so beautiful, we really love staying there!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #164
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
So happy to hear you woke up feeling good

WL is beautiful!! I stayed there 2 times when I was younger when my dad took me to WDW and loved it even as a kid I thought it was amazing!!

I am eager to hear how your MNSSHP experience was, I saw a lot of complaints on the boards, but our party experience was great so I am hoping it was for you too
Thanks!

WL is awesome, I know we will be staying there again!

The party was a lot of fun, but it did have some negative points too. I'm glad I finally got to go to one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
So sorry you started your trip off feeling so badly. I am glad you got a good night's sleep and woke up feeling better.

I feel the same you do about being "home" at WL but at the Boardwalk for me. It just makes feel so happy walking through those doors

Can't wait to hear about your first MNSSHP! After all the posts about bad experiences, I was really nervous about the night we attended, but it was great, even with the "small" tropical depression that crossed over FL the week we there!
Thanks!

We visited the Boardwalk on this trip and loved it, now it's another dream resort to add to the list! I never wanted to stay there because of the clown pool, but we looked at the pool area and it's not that bad!

What night did you go to MNSSHP? I think we left right when that tropical depression was just starting, 10/8, and it poured SO bad that day! I hope that's all the Disney rain I have to deal with for a while, I hope the party didn't get rained out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkii19 View Post
Glad you felt better. Wow, you had a beautiful view at the WL. Can't wait to hear how MNSSHP went.
Thanks! The view was amazing, however, being that close to the pool was kind of annoying, it's SO loud in the middle of the day! I will be doing my MNSSHP update soon, I hope, maybe even later, since I'm trapped inside bc of the snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
It's really too bad you didn't enjoy CSR (I love it!) but I am glad that you got to go "home". I can't wait to see how MNSSHP went for you guys, I've been hearing some horror stories from it this year.
CSR was absolutely beautiful, but we just didn't have enough time there! Maybe we will give it another chance in the future, when Brandon doesn't hate it so much!

Where are all of these MNSSHP horror stories that everyone is talking about? I've only seen positive reviews! I sometimes wonder if people expect too much from these parties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I was there in October (13-17, stayed at CR). I just started my TR, come on over if you have a chance!

I was happy to read that you made a miraculous recovery in time to move to your favorite resort! WL looks beautiful. We originally were supposed to stay there on this last trip, but grabbed the chance to move to CR on the AP discount. One day I'll get to see how pretty WL is for myself, but for now I'll live vicariously through all you WL lovers.
I will definitely join your TR!

Thanks, I'm glad I recovered also! WL is awesome, although I can understand moving to CR when you got the chance, I love how close CR is to MK! Did you like the pool area at CR? I really think the back of it needs a serious upgrade, but other than that, CR is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I also love the GF! The only time I have been inside is when we ate at 1900PF in May 2010, and I totally fell in love. I will stay there someday too!

Your view from WL is awesome.

Can't wait to hear about the sold out MNSSHP. We went two days later!
The GF is so beautiful, I can't even believe it's a resort, it looks like a movie set or something! I really want to try 1900 PF someday, but I doubt my DH would like it!

The sold out MNSSHP was crazy! Lots of fun, but wow, the crowds were out of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm sorry to hear you guys did not enjoy Coronado Springs, however yay on going 'home' and being welcomed when you got there!

Love the WL pics and yay on meeting Aurora whilst roaming Grand Floridian resort - how cool! Looking forward to hearing all about MNSSHP.
I think we would like CSR if we got to know it a little better, we weren't even there for 24 hours so it was a bit confusing, and I felt awful, so that didn't help! I think we might like it more if we stayed for a few days!

I loved passing Aurora on the steps in the GF! It was just so normal, walking by a princess on the stairs! The princess tea party thing they have for little girls there makes me wish I had a little girl of my own to bring there...someday, I hope!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #165
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

I love hearing the "welcome home"! Makes things that much more special

I love walking around and exploring GF- I told my DH we HAVE TO stay there one day as well
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: