Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #136
amazingact21
Upendi

Ugh, being sick at Disney is horrible! I think you did a great job lasting as long as you did.
And I'm glad a good night's sleep helped with the headache. Can't wait to hear what you thought of MNSSHP.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #137
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR! CSR looks beautiful! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well in Disney! Migraines are the worst, you just can't even function. I hope you were feeling better the next day!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #138
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I just found your trip report and I'm joining in for the rest.

Can't wait to hear all about the Wilderness Lodge. I've always wanted to stay there but since they can't take a family of five it looks like that won't happen for a while. I'm so looking forward to seeing all your pictures.
Thanks for joining!

The Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful, I hope you get to stay there someday! That's too bad they don't take 5 people, it seems like the room is big enough for a daybed or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Hi! Just joining in for a fellow Oct. TR! I felt so bad for you in these first few installments, what a crummy way to start a Disney trip!

But I was VERY happy to see the blue skies start to peek through on Day 2! Can't wait to hear about you WL check-in and your trip to MNSSHP!
Thanks for joining! You went in October too? It's definitely a fun time to go, are you doing a TR?

Awww, thanks! I'm so glad I felt better the 2nd day, I don't think I could have handled another miserable day in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Ugh, being sick at Disney is horrible! I think you did a great job lasting as long as you did.
And I'm glad a good night's sleep helped with the headache. Can't wait to hear what you thought of MNSSHP.
Thanks! I was kind of disappointed in myself for not being a little tougher, I get migraines a lot, you figure I could just fight my way through! But sometimes there's just nothing you can do, and that was one of those times!

I can't wait to get to the MNSSHP in my TR, I have to do my WL update tonight because I have a feeling it might be a little boring...I want to get to the parks part of the TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
I just found your TR! CSR looks beautiful! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well in Disney! Migraines are the worst, you just can't even function. I hope you were feeling better the next day!
Thanks for joining! CSR was lovely, I wish I got to see more of it! Ugh, migraines are terrible, especially in Disney! I did feel much better the next day, luckily, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #139
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home!

Friday, 9/30

When we left off, I had just woken up at CSR, migraine free! I was ready to get going, as nice as CSR was, I kind of wanted to get out of there, leave the horrible night I had behind me, but it was so early...I decided to let Brandon sleep for a little while longer while I packed and watched some Stacy!

Finally I woke him up and told him we should probably check out and get to the Wilderness Lodge.

"Fine with me, this place sucks."

Apparently, Brandon didn't like CSR at all, because the 2 times he had to leave the room the night before, he got really lost on the way back! That, and he said it doesn't feel like a Disney resort, which I actually kind of agree with. Then again, I don't think I got a good feel for it, considering we were only there for one night, and I felt awful!

Anyway, we stopped at Panchito's after checking out, and Brandon bought 2 shirts. I didn't take pictures of them, but one was a green Disney World shirt and one was the monorail shirt! I've been begging him to buy that for a while, and he finally did! He also bought me some adorable Chip and Dale earrings, which I wore for most of the trip!

Finally, we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom resort area! I love staying by MK, I love feeling like I'm in the middle of everything. I can't imagine how wonderful it must be to stay at the Poly or the Grand Floridian!

Soon we were at the Magic Kingdom gate!!!

Yay!!!

It was tempting to just go directly to the MK, but we stayed to the right, and turned down Timberline Drive, where I saw this adorable sign:

I tried to get a picture of the arch that you drive under, but there was a car behind us, so we couldn't really slow down that much. I think I got one later in the week, though.

We stopped at security, showed our ID's, got our parking pass for the week, and were welcomed home by the guard!

Me-"Yay, he said it!"

Brandon-"Said what?"

Me-"Welcome home, I love when they say that."

Brandon-"Don't they always say that?"

Me-"Nope. Only here."

I know they must say it at other resorts, but the first time I ever heard it was when we stayed at WL in 2009, so to me, it's the only place they say it!

We parked and quickly made our way up the stairs

and into the lobby!

I love walking into the Wilderness Lodge! It's strange to me that I have such a connection to this resort, I'm not especially outdoorsy, but I just love it! I love the music that is always playing, I love how it smells in there (kind of a mix of Florida and something else, something wilderness-y), I love the lobby. When I'm there, I really feel like it's my Disney home. I want to try other resorts, but I really wonder if I will feel this way about any of them.

Anyway, we got in the online check in line and got all checked in, but our room wasn't ready. I wasn't really expecting it to be, since it was still kind of early, so the CM said we would get a text when our room was ready, and we remembered we still hadn't eaten breakfast! We went to Roaring Forks and we both had the breakfast croissants, which are so good!

Once we were finished, we wandered around the lobby for a little while

and then went outside to figure out what to do next.

We knew a park was out, because we were going to the Halloween Party that night and I wanted to be in the Magic Kingdom by 4, so we decided to hop on the boat to the Contemporary and go for a ride on the monorail!

Walkway to the boats...looks like an Ewok Village!

Once we got to the Contemporary, we walked around the shops for a little while, but quickly got bored and got on the monorail.

Brandon took one of me on the monorail, but it's awful, sorry!

We thought we should skip the Poly since we would be there later in the week and go to the Grand Floridian! I have this fascination with the GF, I've been kind of in awe by it ever since I saw it on one of our family trips to Disney. To me, it's the deluxe Disney resort.

We walked around, went in every shop we could find, (even Basin, which I was afraid to go in the last time I visited the GF) and went down a staircase and passed Princess Aurora, who was going upstairs and said to us "beautiful day outside, isn't it?" That made me love the GF even more-princesses just roam freely! Once that happened, I turned to Brandon and said "I don't care if we have to save for years, we are staying here someday."

We had a magical time at the Grand Floridian, but it was getting late and we still hadn't received a text from WL about our room, so we decided to go back and check at the desk. It's a good thing we did, because our room was ready, but something wasn't working in their system properly, so people were not getting texts when the rooms were ready!

We got our luggage and went up to our room, which was on the 4th floor, and for some strange reason, I didn't take pictures of the room! I don't know what was wrong with me the first couple days, not taking pictures of the most important things, but I did take a picture of the view from our room:

Beautiful, isn't it? Unfortunately, we didn't have a lot of time to admire it, because we needed to take a quick nap and then get ready for our first Halloween party!!

Up next...our first MNSSHP...a sold out MNSSHP!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #140
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

It's always so nice going "home" isn't it? Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! I love the view from your room. It looks so peaceful! I can't wait to hear about the party! I hope it's not too crowded!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #141
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love hearing the Welcome Home too! Only certain resorts do it. It's a DVC thing.

It's one of my favorite parts.

Great pictures of the resort! I admit, I've only stayed at WL once. But I want to go back for sure.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #142
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I want to stay at the GF one day too. I blame the Tanners for drilling that idea into my head.

John has decided he is done with Disney. He also pointed out that most women were with other women and I should just go to Disney with you b/c obviously we ware both crazy people and will only have fun with other crazy Disney people. I am ready for a Disney break since I am broke after our last two trips. I am thinking of trying to get there in Nov. in 3 years and staying at GF. We'll see though. I don't think I could go to Disney with you and not bring Caitin. After the issues we had with her on the cruise it will be years before I take her on another vacation.

I am glad to hear WL is getting refurb. I never liked the rooms much, but did end up liking the resort towards the end of our stay. I would like to give it another shot.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #143
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Haha, your day sounds like the opposite of mine!! I had like 8 posts on my TR so far for this day and I'm just now at the point you are at. Next up will be dinner and the, yes, SOLD OUT MNSSHP!!! How did we not run into each other?!

BTW, your pictures of the WL make me SOOO happy I'm saying there in Feb! I LOVE that place and can't wait to be back there.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #144
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I heard about the MNSSHP being sold out that night. It was sure crowded wasn't it?! It was a cast member discount night. Oh well!

GF was awesome to stay at. I couldn't believe it when we got the phone call to stay there last year. Greg still jokes that we should book at CSR again so we can get upgraded for free again. Talk about pixie dust!

I've never visited the Wilderness Lodge. There's one in Wisconsin Dells which is just a few hour drive from us so for some reason I don't associate WDW with the Wilderness Lodge. Weird, right?

I can't wait to read about MNSSHP! I think we may have passed by you guys down main street. (The only time I thought I saw you by the way.)

Old 10-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #145
BerrysGirl
Waiting for the Lights

When I stay at Coronado Springs in December I sure hope I like it more than your DH... and then I'll be sure to let you know so you can let him know... because you know, men CAN'T be right, right?

(87) Offsite (91) Disney Inn (95) Port Orleans (99) Dixie Landings (02) Contemporary (05) Wilderness Lodge (08) Boardwalk (09) All Star Movies (10) Dolphin (11) Bay Lake Towers (11) Caribbean Beach (11) Coronado Springs (11) Boardwalk Villas
Old 10-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #146
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a relaxing way to spend the first half of your party day. Nice view from your room!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #147
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, great update. I'm glad you were able to go "home." I love when they do that too (they do that for us every visit to the CSR, they did it at AKL and OKW...it just sends gooosebumps up your arms.

Sorry Brandon didn't like CSR. Truthfully, I don't think any of the resorts have a "true" Disney feel unless it is the values with all the big icons, etc.

Glad you were able to get in your room and take a nap for the MNSSHP; ours was very crowded too (we won't be doing it again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I heard about the MNSSHP being sold out that night. It was sure crowded wasn't it?! It was a cast member discount night. Oh well!

GF was awesome to stay at. I couldn't believe it when we got the phone call to stay there last year. Greg still jokes that we should book at CSR again so we can get upgraded for free again. Talk about pixie dust!

I've never visited the Wilderness Lodge. There's one in Wisconsin Dells which is just a few hour drive from us so for some reason I don't associate WDW with the Wilderness Lodge. Weird, right?

I can't wait to read about MNSSHP! I think we may have passed by you guys down main street. (The only time I thought I saw you by the way.)
I remember when that happened and how excited you were. I would have had to ask to stay at CSR or go to another deluxe because my DH won't even go in the GF to eat.

I'm with you on the WL. I don't think it is weird. I think we see certain places that remind us of other places near home and we don't want to be anywhere near it on vacation (I feel that way about the WL and the BLT -- the BLT because I work in Downtown Chicago and it looks like an office building to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrysGirl View Post
When I stay at Coronado Springs in December I sure hope I like it more than your DH... and then I'll be sure to let you know so you can let him know... because you know, men CAN'T be right, right?
If it helps, my DH LOVES the CSR.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #148
amazingact21
Upendi

I agree about the Grand Floridian. It really is the ultimate Deluxe resort.

WL looks so nice, and it's nice that you guys have a resort that feels like home. I'm still waiting to find mine.
I can see why CSR can get confusing, some places are so big and all the buildings look the same at night!

I bet your Chip and Dale earrings were really cute, and it's great you got a lot of use out of them at the parks.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 10-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #149
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about Wilderness Lodge, it just feels so right to be staying there. Even when we visit there, I get this all over calm feeling. I really want to stay there next year on our trip.

I agree with you about GF being "the" deluxe resort, I think for me it's ever since the Full House family stayed there on their Disney trip.

Every single time I sign up for a text when my room is ready it NEVER works. Maybe it's just me.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #150
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Aw I just love WL! If we were to ever become DVC members I would want that to be my home resort. Your view looks to be on the opposite side of our view from Memorial Day week. Hope it was quiet enough for you.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: