Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #46
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by plc001 View Post
I'm in Category 9A, #7504, I guess to be 9D. What does it mean? Better / Worst / Should I care?
We are also in 7504......I think it means we get a price adjustment (lower price....as we did not pay in full yet). If you paid in full you would get a refund.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #47
AmberHeartsDisney
DIS Veteran

hmmmm
March/April 2007- Offsite~11/29/09-12/07/09-Polynesian (For free! I won a trip)~11/29-12/07/10-Polynesian~5/12-5/17/11 Polynesian~9/16-9/19/11 All Star Music~11/13-11/17/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level - Honeymoon ~11/17-11/20/12 Disney Dream Cruise~11/2-11/9 2013 BLT/AKC (We finally bought a DVC!!!09/2013)~5/5-5/11 GFV~12/6-12/13 GFV

Our Disney Travel Blog

Last edited by AmberHeartsDisney; 10-13-2011 at 05:17 PM.
AmberHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #48
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Just got an email from DCL letting us know that one of our staterooms for one of our cruise on the Fantasy is one of those that have been recatagorized. We are in one of the 6Bs that have changed to 5E. The email included a chart with all of cabin changes.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #49
plc001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
We are also in 7504......I think it means we get a price adjustment (lower price....as we did not pay in full yet). If you paid in full you would get a refund.

MJ
Cool, we are there the 30th of October, I'll keep it clean for you
plc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #50
burnsoc
Do you have your exit buddy?

My opinion is that it is unlikely you will see a return of points due to this reorganization of categories. DVC management contracts with the cruise line once per year on points for cruises. It would probably be a legal headache as DVC and the cruise line are two different businesses. I hope for your sake they do an adjustment, but I don't think it's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudnut220 View Post
I was just told by DVC Member Services that there is "no change to the category of my stateroom on the October 23 sailing" (I'm in 8504 which is being downgraded from a 9a to a 9d) and "I will be notified if there is a change". Sounds like typical Disney tight lippedness. I'm going to be pretty upset if this goes into effect and members booked on points aren't compensated somehow.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #51
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

I guess I better make sure that we go on our Fantasy 2012 cruise. Our stateroomroom was a 5E ( & we're splurging on it) and it's been reclassified to a 4E that will probably be out of our budget for the future.

It is good to hear that Disney is reclassifying the staterooms with obstructions to a lower priced category.

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
twinmom108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #52
cloudnut220
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsoc View Post
My opinion is that it is unlikely you will see a return of points due to this reorganization of categories. DVC management contracts with the cruise line once per year on points for cruises. It would probably be a legal headache as DVC and the cruise line are two different businesses. I hope for your sake they do an adjustment, but I don't think it's that simple.
I realize a points refund is unlikely, but an OBC would help ease the pain. My DH is QUITE upset.

Running Disney -- The Happiest Pain on Earth

2012 and 2013 The Years of the Disney Races!

Marathon Weekend 2012: The Half and Half Challenge Expedition Everest Challenge: Recap
Disneyland Half Marathon: PR Time Baby! Marathon Weekend 2013: Third time is not the charm with Donald EEC 2013

Coming Soon: Dumbo Double Dare
My piece of the interwebs: 990 Square
cloudnut220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #53
BraveCruiser
Always Planning the Next Trip to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
We're in 10166 in 3 weeks which was a cat. 6A when we booked and will be changed to a cat. 5E. I can't wait to sit out on the verandah!
Let us know how you like 10166!! We are in that stateroom right after Christmas!
BraveCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #54
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I also just got the email from DCL......I am glad they are being proactive on this and sending info out to people.

MJ
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #55
WiscBill
Mouseketeer

We just received the e-mail also reclassifying our 5E to a 4E. In a strange way it is consistent with current system. There were no 4Es before, but the description on the website does say most (but not all )Deluxe Family Staterooms have the round tub and the pull down bed and can sleep 4 or 5. Also the square footage includes the veranda. So a 4E is a deluxe family family stateroom with a veranda that sleeps 3 or 4, does not have a round tub, and does not have a pull down bed, but is 299 square feet including the veranda ( based on people's estimates of how much extra square footage is in the extended veranda)..
WiscBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #56
over50visits
DIS Veteran

I got our email today, and our stateroom in January goes from a 9A to a 9D. They mentioned an upcoming refund in the price difference. That's nice, but they certainly don't owe me that. They offered the room, I agreed on the price, and we made a deal. I'm happy with it. No more do they owe this to me than should I owe them if they upgraded my room to a higher cost category. Their kind offer makes business sense, though, because they'd probably get plenty of grumpy folks who would decide they should be compensated. I'll take it, and I appreciate the gesture, but...and if new bookings were to get the lower rate, that's how things happen. Never begrudge someone else a good deal.

We've decided we are going to use this refund to increase the suggested tip by that amount for our best service, be it the cabin steward or one of the servers. Everyone wins in this case!
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #57
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

We got the letter from Disney Cruise also. We went from a 6A to 7A. A few more dollars to spend onboard. Yeah!

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #58
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
Just looked ours up...8502...on the DCL and Dreams sites and there appears to be no change.

I am booked in this stateroom in December. I just got the e-mail about this from my travel agent. She asked me if I wanted to look into switching rooms. I'm not sure what my options would be seven and a half weeks from my sail date, though, especially since it looks like most of the 9A rooms are downgraded.

My trip is all paid for, so I guess I'll be getting some kind of refund.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #59
JanyJan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
I got our email today, and our stateroom in January goes from a 9A to a 9D. They mentioned an upcoming refund in the price difference. That's nice, but they certainly don't owe me that. They offered the room, I agreed on the price, and we made a deal. I'm happy with it. No more do they owe this to me than should I owe them if they upgraded my room to a higher cost category. Their kind offer makes business sense, though, because they'd probably get plenty of grumpy folks who would decide they should be compensated. I'll take it, and I appreciate the gesture, but...and if new bookings were to get the lower rate, that's how things happen. Never begrudge someone else a good deal.

We've decided we are going to use this refund to increase the suggested tip by that amount for our best service, be it the cabin steward or one of the servers. Everyone wins in this case!
We're in 8006. I'm glad to be getting the refund. The room description states a porthole. Not a tiny window that my little kids won't even be able to look out of. I'm happy for the extra space, but not everyone would care about that and it's not listed in the room description anyway, so one would argue that someone booking a 9A is looking for the porthole, not the extra sq. footage.

That said, no word from DCL or my travel agent yet. We sail in a couple of weeks. I wonder how they will determine the refund, since the same room would cost more now. Will they go back and look at the prices on the day we booked?
JanyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #60
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanyJan View Post
We're in 8006. I'm glad to be getting the refund. The room description states a porthole. Not a tiny window that my little kids won't even be able to look out of. I'm happy for the extra space, but not everyone would care about that and it's not listed in the room description anyway, so one would argue that someone booking a 9A is looking for the porthole, not the extra sq. footage.

That said, no word from DCL or my travel agent yet. We sail in a couple of weeks. I wonder how they will determine the refund, since the same room would cost more now. Will they go back and look at the prices on the day we booked?

Here is a pic of 8504 porthole I took on our January Dream cruise (same cabin layout as 8006 but reversed).....you can judge if your kids will be able to see out.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ma...p=Disney+Dream

MJ
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: