Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #1456
emksmama
Mouseketeer

Amen!!! Hubby had to lay into a bystander when we pulled off at the gas station to see why it was smoking...this stranger started yelling that we had to get out and it was on fire!! The girls freaked, convinced their lovies and all our stuff was going up in flames.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #1457
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles but it sure was great that your parents were so close. I hope you make it home in time for that job interview.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #1458
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emksmama View Post
Amen!!! Hubby had to lay into a bystander when we pulled off at the gas station to see why it was smoking...this stranger started yelling that we had to get out and it was on fire!! The girls freaked, convinced their lovies and all our stuff was going up in flames.
Oh for goodness sakes. How helpful. NOT!

Hope it all works out quickly for you.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #1459
emksmama
Mouseketeer

We are about 150 miles from home. Ended up leaving our van in Cartersville, and my fabulous best friend of 30 years loaded her husband and DD and they drove 500 miles to come get us!!! They are the best.
We completely cleaned out the van and are about 90% sure we're not going back for it. It's 12 years old, 144000 miles, and we have a pickup I can drive for now. At this point it would cost us roughly $500 just in gas to go back, pick it up and then drive two cars back home...before paying for any repairs!!!
Still had an amazing time and now enjoying a fun drive home with our friends.

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
Old 07-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #1460
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
We are about 150 miles from home. Ended up leaving our van in Cartersville, and my fabulous best friend of 30 years loaded her husband and DD and they drove 500 miles to come get us!!! They are the best.
We completely cleaned out the van and are about 90% sure we're not going back for it. It's 12 years old, 144000 miles, and we have a pickup I can drive for now. At this point it would cost us roughly $500 just in gas to go back, pick it up and then drive two cars back home...before paying for any repairs!!!
Still had an amazing time and now enjoying a fun drive home with our friends.
Wow it is great that there are still friends like yours in the world. Glad you will be home safe soon.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #1461
emksmama
Mouseketeer

She's the best...we've been BFF's for 30 years this Christmas!!! DH and I have done all the driving so they could sleep while our girls watch the DVD player.
20 miles to go!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #1462
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
She's the best...we've been BFF's for 30 years this Christmas!!! DH and I have done all the driving so they could sleep while our girls watch the DVD player.
20 miles to go!
So great for you! Sorry about the van, our 1999 Caravan has around the same miles so we would never fix it if anything went wrong. Not worth it.

Your friend is awesome, congratulations on having such a wonderful friend - you must deserve it!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 07-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #1463
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe you have friends that would go to that length for you. Rare indeed!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #1464
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

5 more sleeps and we are on our way!

I spent several HOURS cleaning the car the other day. Why do I torture myself so?

Oil changed and all the other important stuff checked and she is working fine.

emksmamma sorry to read about your car troubles and what a great ending to your story, great frinds ROCK!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #1465
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Okay guys, don't be mad, but we are seriously considering the auto train on the way back this trip. The price of gas and hotel and food makes the train about $50 more than driving. The drive home is always worse, so we just may try it.

We'll see how much we spend on "stuff" during the trip and make the decision then!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #1466
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Okay guys, don't be mad, but we are seriously considering the auto train on the way back this trip. The price of gas and hotel and food makes the train about $50 more than driving. The drive home is always worse, so we just may try it.

We'll see how much we spend on "stuff" during the trip and make the decision then!
We may be taking the Auto-train back too. We will decide when we get off our cruise Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. We will go to Sanford before we head to WDW and see if they have anything available for the next Tuesday. If not we will be driving home. We have done this before by checking a few days before we come home to see if they have anything. We decided to stay an extra 3 days because I didn't want to drive home on Labor Day weekend.

And you are right about the trip home. For me that is the worst. Vacation is over and it seems to take forever to get home. The adreniline is working on us on the way down.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #1467
rhughesdisney
Earning My Ears

Anyone from the western Pennsylvania area who has driven down and the best place to stop on the way down? Hubby wants to drive straight thru but don't think I can handle it nor our 3 daughters. We are going in mid march. Thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #1468
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post

Doesn't the price on AT go up the closer you get to the booking date? Maybe right now it is $50 extra but when you are just days out from departure, I was under the impression that the numbers go up significantly. We haven't done AT but I've been watching prices for about three years now. Seems the best price is the first price that comes out eleven months prior to departure.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #1469
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhughesdisney View Post
Anyone from the western Pennsylvania area who has driven down and the best place to stop on the way down? Hubby wants to drive straight thru but don't think I can handle it nor our 3 daughters. We are going in mid march. Thanks
Looking at a map, I assume you would be picking up 77 eventually. If you can get past Charlotte, that would be good. If you can get past Columbia onto 26, that would be even better. We stayed at the Orangeburg St. Matthews Rd. exit and found a good choice of lodging there.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #1470
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Driving from Cape Cod to Disney, and this will be the first time we've had to head out on a weekday. UGH!!. The earliest we can head out is 3am on a Friday, which puts us in a very bad place when we hit NY. We know the GWB will be horrible, but will the traffic situation be any better on a weekday using Tappan Zee Bridge? Would we really save much time considering this route is a little longer?

Last edited by capegirl; 08-01-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: error
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: