Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #1261
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

This time next week we'll be more than halfway to Disney
Old 06-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #1262
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygirl17 View Post
This time next week we'll be more than halfway to Disney
you didnt leave yet????

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #1263
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
you didnt leave yet????
Next Saturday 3 a.m.!!!

ETA- I'm off for the summer- believe me I've been tempted to just get on the road!

Last edited by Goofygirl17; 06-23-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: adding
Old 06-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #1264
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Next Saturday 3 a.m.!!!

ETA- I'm off for the summer- believe me I've been tempted to just get on the road!
ahhh, another 3am person!!! one year for some reason, we decided to leave on a sunday. sitting home saturday drove us both nuts.
i dont think i could wait a week at home. do you have the bags sitting by the door?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #1265
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ahhh, another 3am person!!! one year for some reason, we decided to leave on a sunday. sitting home saturday drove us both nuts.
i dont think i could wait a week at home. do you have the bags sitting by the door?
We left at 3 last year based on your recommendation I actually haven't packed anything yet There has been so much going on with end of the year stuff that I haven't had the chance! Now we have family visits and stuff this week so I better get going!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #1266
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
We left at 3 last year based on your recommendation I actually haven't packed anything yet There has been so much going on with end of the year stuff that I haven't had the chance! Now we have family visits and stuff this week so I better get going!
Good luck with the 3 am thing! We tried 4 am the last two trips and both time had some sort of delay that got us in REALLY late, like close to midnight, so no more for us. We're back to an overnight trip, even the kids would rather do that after our last couple of experiences.

We'll leave around 9 am on Monday, get to DC by 11:30 - noon, stop by 11 pm, then up early and at WDW by 1-2 pm. Still a good day to go to parks, settle in, rather than being exhausted.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #1267
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Good luck with the 3 am thing! We tried 4 am the last two trips and both time had some sort of delay that got us in REALLY late, like close to midnight, so no more for us. We're back to an overnight trip, even the kids would rather do that after our last couple of experiences.

We'll leave around 9 am on Monday, get to DC by 11:30 - noon, stop by 11 pm, then up early and at WDW by 1-2 pm. Still a good day to go to parks, settle in, rather than being exhausted.
We're coming from CT so we need to get through NY and NJ before the craziness starts. I love driving but HATE traffic. I have a standard shift and can drive forever as long as I'm not in stop and go traffic Last summer we said we were leaving at 3 and actually pulled out of the driveway at 3:30. Not bad.

I can't wait!!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #1268
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

up at 2:30am on tuesday morning. on the road by 3am.(3am is 3am. not 3:01 or 3:02. a.i.s. is 3am. you will be left behind) unpacked, showered,feet up at old key west by 8:30pm tuesday night.
up wednesday morning at 5:30am, walk, dressed and ready to go to breakfast at earl of sandwich by 8am.
you must drive slow.

when are we getting together?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #1269
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're coming from CT so we need to get through NY and NJ before the craziness starts. I love driving but HATE traffic. I have a standard shift and can drive forever as long as I'm not in stop and go traffic Last summer we said we were leaving at 3 and actually pulled out of the driveway at 3:30. Not bad.

I can't wait!!
lets hope that storm is out of your way!!! i just happened to see that on the weather channel today. keep an eye on that thing.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #1270
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

2,353 miles round trip ended this afternoon! Full report coming later
Old 06-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #1271
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

We are leaving at the stroke of midnight on 8/5. That will hopefully get us to Bryon GA from just north of Detroit by 6pm the latest.

Have to schedule some stops here and there, one being a nice breakfast around 7am.

I don't want a long day of driving the next day. I want to pull into Kissimmee no later than 2pm.

Please let the kids sleep all night driving, please let the kids sleep all night driving, please let the kids sleep all night driving.....
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #1272
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lets hope that storm is out of your way!!! i just happened to see that on the weather channel today. keep an eye on that thing.
I'm hoping that storm is long gone by the time we leave! I don't want it to move up the coast so we have to drive through it to get there! We're having wicked thunderstorms here in CT today. Ended up with 2 kids and 2 rabbits in my bed this morning DH had already left for work.

Last year we came home to a hurricane (although later they said it was only a tropical depression when it hit us). Terrible damage and power out forever!

Time to pack!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #1273
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs
Quote:

Originally Posted by sharadoc

up at 2:30am on tuesday morning. on the road by 3am.(3am is 3am. not 3:01 or 3:02. a.i.s. is 3am. you will be left behind) unpacked, showered,feet up at old key west by 8:30pm tuesday night.
up wednesday morning at 5:30am, walk, dressed and ready to go to breakfast at earl of sandwich by 8am.
you must drive slow.

when are we getting together?
yeah yeah yeah you and your schedule

We should be ready in a couple of weeks to put the house up for sale, then we'll have some free time. Right now it's painting, fixing up the deck, painting, patching holes, painting - and did I mention, we have to paint??

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's

Last edited by sharadoc; 06-25-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #1274
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yeah yeah yeah you and your schedule

We should be ready in a couple of weeks to put the house up for sale, then we'll have some free time. Right now it's painting, fixing up the deck, painting, patching holes, painting - and did I mention, we have to paint??

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

sounds good. we are in the graduation party season. still have brianas friends from dance that grad. this year. hopefully, this should be the last year for grad. parties every weekend.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #1275
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Thanks!! Is that 16 including your short stops? Do you think with a 3:00 departure we will have trouble near DC? We are in the Tannersville area. I am wondering...would I be better off taking 80 (in my back yard) to 81 since it's not far from here? Or just head down 33 to 78 to 81?
We are about 5 miles north of the I 80- I 81 junction. Leave early enough, to miss the construction near Frackville. We crawled for about 10 miles leaving when dgs got out of school at 11:00am. Then again below Lorton, told ds to go the preferred route

Especially on a first trip eith your kids ages, I would stop for the night. I stopped at Best Western in n.c. 11 b, Emporia, but you should make it a lot further. I try to hit (S)Lumberton, the half way for me. That is two 10 hr days. With stops, eat a meal, stop for supper.

Tough on our gang to drive through. I think a year in the Fall, taking auto train back. Too much on my fibromyalgia, need a break from the road coming home, ds does all driving, but I feel beat up.
Admitting to being a true whimp, not a road warrior!

Wow, is anyone hitting the TS system?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: