Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #1111
sticker231
DIS Veteran

We Are Home

Just got home last night and now I am looking forward to our October trip. The good news gas wasn't too expensive. We made good time coming home and going down. We did hit an accident in NC on 95 going down, but did a little creative off roading and took local roads to get a few exits down to avoid the back up from the accident. Coming home was uneventful and smooth cruising. We got going a little later than usual, but after gas and Dunkin Donuts for coffee we were finally on the road around 7:30 am. We got into town, hit WAWA for quick supplies and were in the door around 10:30pm.

OUR TRIPS TO WDW
OCTOBER 2005, APRIL 2006, OCTOBER 2006, MARCH 2007, JUNE 2007, OCTOBER 2007,
APRIL 2008, OCTOBER 2008, OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, OCTOBER 2010, OCTOBER 2011, MAY 2012,OCTOBER 2012, OCTOBER 2013
Old 05-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #1112
sticker231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
So to those that drive from the South Jersey/Philly area, what time do you think we should leave our house (in Gloucester Co. NJ)? We are leaving on a Friday in November, driving straight through but stopping for food, potty, and sanity breaks. We would like to arrive in WDW by mid-afternoon on Saturday.
DD is supposed to have school on theat Frid. and can be picked up at 2:15pm and we can leave right from there, but I'm afraid that we will hit rush hour in major cities. So maybe I should pick her up from school early or we should leave a little later (but not too late)? IDK!
Thanks for any input
We always leave around 7pm going down. We eat dinner, pack up the last minute things then head out. It works best for us because it keeps with the kids natural sleep schedule. Plus all traffic is gone. We drive straight through and only stop for gas. Bathroom breaks are taken while filling up. We pack some snacks and drinks for the kids, but try to limit the beverages, to avoid extra stops.

OUR TRIPS TO WDW
OCTOBER 2005, APRIL 2006, OCTOBER 2006, MARCH 2007, JUNE 2007, OCTOBER 2007,
APRIL 2008, OCTOBER 2008, OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, OCTOBER 2010, OCTOBER 2011, MAY 2012,OCTOBER 2012, OCTOBER 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #1113
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

we are home. we departed, sadly, from the poly at 3:15am and pulled up in front of the house at 7:20pm.
we had a great trip!!! briana is already planning her trip next year with us.
the easiest part about leaving this time was knowing i will be back in 114 days!!
traffic was good. just a few slow up spots here in the lehigh valley on the way down. other than that, smooth sailing.
i noticed something this trip i have never noticed before in all the years driving and being on the road for work, the amout of people who drive with there high beams on a major interstate?????
if you are one or know someone who is, can you tell me why??? is there sudden sharp, 90 degree turns in the road???? looking for coins on the highway???? i just cant figure out what there looking for.
dude, the roads in front of you. i bet its some what straight that you can take any bend at 80 plus mph. (im talking i81/i77/i26/i95.)
than, after blowing by them because they are driving like theres black ice on the highway, they leave them on!!! "look at my tail lights, the big red shinny things, they will guide you."
other than that, it was great!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #1114
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
we are home. we departed, sadly, from the poly at 3:15am and pulled up in front of the house at 7:20pm.
the easiest part about leaving this time was knowing i will be back in 114 days!!
traffic was good. just a few slow up spots here in the lehigh valley on the way down. other than that, smooth sailing.
i noticed something this trip i have never noticed before in all the years driving and being on the road for work, the amout of people who drive with there high beams on a major interstate?????
if you are one or know someone who is, can you tell me why??? is there sudden sharp, 90 degree turns in the road???? looking for coins on the highway???? i just cant figure out what there looking for.
dude, the roads in front of you. i bet its some what straight that you can take any bend at 80 plus mph. (im talking i81/i77/i26/i95.)
than, after blowing by them because they are driving like theres black ice on the highway, they leave them on!!! "look at my tail lights, the big red shinny things, they will guide you."
Glad you are home safe and sound. So share, did Briana drive?

My grandson has markers that draw on glass, you could write a message on your window as a reminder, I brake for High Beams, are yours on?
At least that helps on your side of the hwy. How do you like the infamous Blue beams that always look like they are up.
As I get older, and now with a cateract starting I do not like driving at night.

Start the count down for the next trip.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #1115
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
Glad you are home safe and sound. So share, did Briana drive?

My grandson has markers that draw on glass, you could write a message on your window as a reminder, I brake for High Beams, are yours on?
At least that helps on your side of the hwy. How do you like the infamous Blue beams that always look like they are up.
As I get older, and now with a cateract starting I do not like driving at night.

Start the count down for the next trip.
the blue beams dont bug me as much. no, briana didnt drive. i did all the driving going down and tammy drove gorgia and into s.carolina on the way home. i did the rest.
TICKER CHECK!!!!
we are going through everything for the reload. should be done today for the most part.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #1116
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we had a great trip!!!
We're glad you're home, safe and sound (despite the moronic drivers you encountered, especially those who always keep their high beams on!).

Now then, your 52nd 2,000+ mile round-trip drive has been noted. Congratulations! The All-Time Records numbers on page one of this thread have just been updated!

Question: Besides all the drives, did you ever fly to Orlando Int'l and then travel to WDW? Perhaps, you took the car-train? That is, how many trips (no matter what the form of transportation) of over 1,000 miles have you made to Disney Parks?

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #1117
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Welcome back! You made great time! So did you hit any pockets of construction on I81?

Quote:
Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #1118
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
...... reg. unleaded was $3.43.....

Not too bad....a LOT less than what I had based my math on for a possible (almost) 2000K drive next month!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #1119
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Welcome back! You made great time! So did you hit any pockets of construction on I81?
not really no. the only place was where they are blasting and the next blast date was later this week. nothing slowed us down. the only part i even hit some traffic was charlotte on sunday around 11am. (i still was going 70-75)
i81 near where i64 connects? there was a little traffic there also. other than that, clear!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #1120
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
We're glad you're home, safe and sound (despite the moronic drivers you encountered, especially those who always keep their high beams on!).

Now then, your 52nd 2,000+ mile round-trip drive has been noted. Congratulations! The All-Time Records numbers on page one of this thread have just been updated!

Question: Besides all the drives, did you ever fly to Orlando Int'l and then travel to WDW? Perhaps, you took the car-train? That is, how many trips (no matter what the form of transportation) of over 1,000 miles have you made to Disney Parks?

All the best.
me, never flown to florida. chicago, mini, virginia but never orlando.

thanks for updating bc. 113 more days, you will be doing it again. keep your eraser handy!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #1121
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip. Did you do anything different this trip?

Our countdown is 88 days. It will be here before we know it! Then we're probably going down to 1 trip a year. HAH! We'll see if that really happens! We really want to do another Christmas trip, probably 2013 either Thansgiving week or leave home the day after Christmas.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #1122
WI_DisneyFan
DIS Veteran

The thread fell to the 2nd page! Just posting this to get it back to the 1st page until I can think of more questions to ask...

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
Old 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #1123
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Only 37 days
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #1124
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip. Did you do anything different this trip?

Our countdown is 88 days. It will be here before we know it! Then we're probably going down to 1 trip a year. HAH! We'll see if that really happens! We really want to do another Christmas trip, probably 2013 either Thansgiving week or leave home the day after Christmas.
hi sharron!!! we had fun!! we ate at a few places briana has never ate at before. other than me locking my wallet in the room with room keys, credit card and cash (me with no id) things went well!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #1125
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
hi sharron!!! we had fun!! we ate at a few places briana has never ate at before. other than me locking my wallet in the room with room keys, credit card and cash (me with no id) things went well!
Me: Mike: "that's good"!

Yes we both had a good laugh at your expense - Silly!

We're less then 3 months and getting fired up!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: